Creatine

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by DutchX5, Feb 5, 2011.

1. I didn't know creatine appeared naturally in foods?
    I like to eat raw herring sometimes as a snack. Street vendors sell them here. Would it be benificial for me to eat a raw herring before working out?
    Some some reason I've always considered them unhealthy but I guess that's not true.

2. It most certainly does! In the early days before creatine supplements, bodybuilders would eat a lot of steak and other red meat because it made them feel strong when they lifted. I don't know if eating herring raw is safe or not, but if that's common where you live then go for it. You don't necessarily need it right before a workout though. Creatine is one of those things that is best built up in the body over time. So just eat some herring every now and then and don't skimp on red meat. It really makes a difference in your workouts. I used to only eat super lean meats (literally only chicken and fish), and once I started relaxing that, I noticed my gains accelerated. Eating only lean meat is a common mistake. Animal fat can help raise testosterone levels. Obviously don't overdo it, but a nice fatty steak every few days can be beneficial and delicious.

Herring might be considered unhealthy if it's preserved in salt or kept in oil. In those cases it probably isn't very good for you. However if you can get your hands on just straight herring and prepare it in a healthy way (or eat raw like you said), then that's excellent.

3. creatine isnt worth it for me. i noticed a tiny bit more strength 2.5 pounds on some lifts. i think it gave me insomnia

4. Haha how can you have insomnia and smoke weed!, btw you body is holding 100gs+ of creatine right now

5. i know. im not your typical person. weed makes my head race and i get caught up in my own mind. i like to think im on a higher level than most.. but maybe im just full of shit :p

if you are going to take creatine, i would suggest kre-alkayn. you take two capsules in the morning and thats it. no bloating and no side affects that normally accompany powedered creatine

6. Creatine is three different amino acids, glycine, arginine, and methionine combination. Is such that there is nothing more than a combination of amino acids. I do not know how many people I hear talk about creatine and steroids! When I heard it, I almost flipped my lid. Steroids? If this is the case, it will be many more 200 + pound people.

7. [quote name='"DutchX5"']And thanks for the replies guys. What about that No2 stuff? Would it be overkill if I took that pre-workout, along with the 2 daily creatine pills?[/quote]

Don't waste your time with no2 or no xplode they will just make you jittery instead I use white flood preworkout it doesn't overdo it and it gives you the right focus and intensity to get through a 1-2 hour workout

As for the creatine goes I would use micronized monohydrate creatine it's the only proven effective creatine with actual lab results and the stuff is cheap as hell one serving is 5 grams and it is only a teaspoon and I would reccomend doing the load cycle that's on the package for best results and it will give your body a rest that it needs or you can really mess up your live that's why it's important to get alot of water your suppose to get 64-80 oz throughout the day but I always take in over 100 you can never be too safe

If you want to get all your supplements and anything else for lifting weights I would reccomend bodybuilding.com it's the cheapest place I know of to get all the stuff