Best rapper of all time

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by liltunechi24, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Nas and Big top my list every time. Wish Big coulda put out a few more albums. Shit aint right.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rogvlB2SP4k]YouTube - The Notorious B.I.G - Everyday Struggle[/ame]

2. He Is A Fraud.

He A Good Rapper, But Hes Not A Real ***** So I Dont Respect Him As A Person. I Respect His Music.

3. why isint Tupac real? because he didnt kill people or sell crack rock? or something else like him being an actor? jw whats "real" to you

4. shit you cant make the music pac made without being a real mothafucka

5. Its Funny That People That Didnt Live That Life Always Assume People Are Real Because They Sell Crack Or Shoot People.

He Was Born In Brooklyn, Hes From NYC And He Talked Crazy Shit On New York And Talked Shit On His Mans Biggie.

He Went To College For Theater And Was A Good Kid.

He Never Popped That Gangsta Shit Till He Went With Deathrow. He Was A Background Dancer Son.

He Should Have Done His Political Shit Like He Did At The End After He Realized He Needed To Change.

I Dont Recognize Him As A Man Who Kept It True.

6. #46 Piepants, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2011
    But you said he was the goat. Now you say he sucks? I dont understand you man. Ol dirty bastard had no flow and he was a good rapper to me.

7. #47 ZarTheDragon, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2011
    man you ny motherfuckers are conry as fuck sometimes i swear.

He was born there lived there shortly it wasnt his home...hes from the west brah

thugs cant go to college ? Maybe just tards from ny idk

he was a good dancer on his grind ? Getting him in the rap game

hes real as fuck, rat ass nyc hater man smh!

8. Dude, it's your opinion, you should atleast tell the truth "i'm 15 years old and just discovered hip hop, so i'm going to riding Kanye's shaft for the next few months so excuse my extreme ignorance when it comes to lyrics, thought, meaning, rhyme schemes, punchlines, because the best rapper ever is the POP STAR SINGER Kanye West"

You're ridiculous, i'm willing to bet you have more testicles than albums of hip hop listened to.

Don't cry though, everybody has to start somewhere, you should really put aside your ignorant ass ways and listen to the people who paved the way for kanye, maybe then you'll learn the "best rapper" is in fact not a pop singer/ soft hip hop producer.

9. and im the one thats 15?

10. Tupac.

Nobody can touch him and he's been dead for over a decade. That says alot about todays music.

Plus, Pac is the greatest ever.

/thread

11. For real, Pac is the best ever, the argument should be for who is 2nd best, that's an argument that can be made.

2Pac made hip-hop/rap what it is today, was an avid rhymer and story teller. He knew how to write a rhyme, something a lot of people fail to comprehend today.

Just like there will never be another MJ, people love to try and make arguments for people just so they have something to talk about, but at the end of the day, no one will touch what Pac did.

Goodnight ladies and gentlemen.....but that's just my opinion;)

12. Post some of his clever lyrics...not trying to call you out but I've yet to see anything intelligent made by Lil Wayne.

God damn i really can't stand the people claiming they have a good idea of who the "best rappers ever" are, obviously nobody can judge how music sounds to somebody else, but a huge majority of people believing Kanye Biggie Pac Lil Wayne and Lupe are the best, are likely 14 year olds who've seen 2 videos by kanye, heard lupe was good, and are obsessed with Wayne...then they throw 2pac and biggie there to make themselves seem like they know whatsup cause they heard 2pac and biggie were 2 greats.

13. Pac's rhyming was not all that hot.

lupe's number 1. if not now, he will be when Lasers drops.

14. I'll give Wayne some credit, he has a few good songs, but I only listen to him when one of the people I listen to have him on a track. But to call him great, or have him in a top 10, Nah. Only way he is the best is at mainstream success.

But Pac is always #1.

15. real g's move in silence like lasagna 6'7

Man, I got Summer hatin' on me cause
    I'm hotter then the Sun
    Got Spring hatin' on me cause I ain't never sprung
    Winter hatin' on me cause I'm colder than ya'll
    And I would never, I would never, I would never fall

Safe sex is great sex, better wear a latex/ Cuz you don't want that late text, that I think I'm late text

cmoonn bro. lil wayne doesnt have clever lyrics??// liltunechi lives baby!!!!
    out of jail now, hes gonna be back to making great music as usual. u have no clue about rap if you dont think weezy has clever lyrics.

16. I feel, and this is MY OPINION, that you don't deserve a Hip-Hop opinion with a statement like this.

17. Tupac did not make hip hop rap what it is today, if he did then good shit he's dead.

On a serious note, Tupac didn't affect hip hop whatsoever, Tupac read books and expanded his vocabulary, then spoke from his heart about how he felt about the world and how things should be...it's not like Wiz Khalifa and Lil Wayne took after that.

Rakim and KRS 1 are 2 of the many people who influenced 2pac, and they are the 2 who made hip hop what it WAS when it was good. Public enemy and NWA both influenced him a lot too.

2Pac didn't influence any rappers, he just had powerful opinions and was involved in the media for bogus rap allegations, shootings, police brutality, shooting cops, etc.

18. I don't think there is any way to argue who is the best but I can say that I think Freddie Gibbs is gonna go far

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egf2j73UmBA&feature=related]YouTube - Freddie Gibbs "The Ghetto" OFFICIAL HQ UNCENSORED Music Video[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOkFZZFhwIE]YouTube - Freddie Gibbs - What It Be Like - Music Video[/ame]

19. LOL, are you joking? That's clever? That's sounds more like somebody wanted to see if they could get away with some crazy irrelevant stupid shit.

So he's a real gangster because he moves quielty, like an italian meal? That's not clever, it's fucking retarded.

Anybody who's reached the age of 12 has made a similar rhyme/saying about safe sex being great sex wear a latex...it's considered a phrase anybody with a creative cell in their body would think of,not a clever lyric

Got any other clever lyrics?

Also, you should check out
    "I gave you power"
    "Half time"
    "represent"

by nas, at first you might not get into it since you like Lil Wayne's alien ass, but i think you will appreciate in time, nas and the majority of 90's rappers' have an amazing way to make the lyrical content/story/meaning mindblowing after you've listened to Lil Wayne.

You should listen to
    dog eat dog - de la soul
    runnin - the pharacyde
    93 til infinity - souls of mischief

every rap fan should appreciate those songs.

20. Yes, it is very likely, it's obvious due to you liking the same music that 99% of adult hip hop fans despise of, and you're ignorance to listening to older music pretty much showing you're a kid who hasn't heard any real hip hopmusic, anybody who thinks Kanye west is the #1 rapper ever, yet denies Souls of Mischief of any credit should be bitchsmacked

You seem like the kind of person who doesn't really evaluate what they listen to for what it is. Which is why i think you're some teenager listening to what sounds good and what your friends listen to.

Like i've said you gotta start somewhere, if you think Lil Wayne is clever than you should listen to GZA, RZA, Raekwon, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Guru and Nas then evaluate who uses life experiences and clever wordplay, and then evaluate wayne, who uses drug induced visions of what he thinks his life is and expensive beats to win people over.