Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drug Test Question? Ask here!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by iTokeat420, Feb 3, 2011.

1. So, my husband has a potential job opportunity. Only problem is they do a hair test. He's been clean since the end of July so passing a urine test is no problem. It's been close to 3 months but not quite. Also he keeps his hair pretty short has a beard though. Just wondering how likely it is that he will pass and would they take the sample from his beard? I've read that body hair grows more slowly than head hair so I wonder if the beard would go back further. Or would they take it from his underarms? Lots of questions hope someone is able to provide some answers. Thanks

2. Hi, applied for a job at best buy through an agency, have to take a drug test, not scheduled yet but I think as soon as I call i'll get 24-48 hours from what I'm hearing. I can stall half a day, maybe.

I want to know If I will pass. I'm 5'9, not very active, don't get a lot of excerscise and weigh 250.I split 3 hits with another guy out of a 1 hitter bat 12 days ago, only got a little buzz, and smoked half a joint about 25 days ago, got a good high.not liklely I can get hold of fake urine, the funds arent there, and There isn't really the time. same thing with an at home test. I'd take one if I could.Job starts in a week, so once I call back after 2nd part interview I expect things to move fast.

3. 5'0, 135 pound, 35 yr old female. Pretty active with working out. Going for hair test Friday. The last two days did the vinegar, tide, clean and clear. Washed hair with ion purifying shampoo and LIce shampoo and tgel shampoo. And put in same leave in condition/Ion. Plan on doing same the next two days and then Thur evening use the Zydot. Last time hit a bowl a couple times the end of Sep. Prior to the hit a bowl in the beg of Sep. Maybe a couple hits in Aug. Not heavy smoker at all. What else can I do. I need to pass.

4. 5'0, 135 pound, 35 yr old female. Pretty active with working out. Going for hair test Friday. The last two days did the vinegar, tide, clean and clear. Washed hair with ion purifying shampoo and LIce shampoo and tgel shampoo. And put in same leave in condition/Ion. Plan on doing same the next two days and then Thur evening use the Zydot. Last time hit a bowl a couple times the end of Sep. Prior to the hit a bowl in the beg of Sep. Maybe a couple hits in Aug. Not heavy smoker at all. What else can I do. I need to pass.

5. Hmm. A picture would help determine the appropriate course of action.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. hey  so Im 6 foot 220 a lil bit of tummy Im athletic and Im walk and ride my bike quite a bit I took one hit on sunday and smoked a vape on friday and I smoke about 2-4 times a week with 3-4 day inbetween what can I do to pass tomorrow at 11am?

7. - weight: 240
    - height: 5'6"
    - build (skinny, average, overweight): overweight
    - amount of physical activity: average, ride exercise bike 1-4 times per week 30 minutes
    - date of drug test: Within the next week
    - date of last time smoke: October 14
    - frequency of smoking (last 30 days): twice, less than 1 bowl
    - Smoked regularly (1-2 grams per week) until June 2014, reduced to 2-3 grams per month after this and stopped completely at the end of July 2014. Smoked 1 bowl at the end of August, nothing since then until October 13-14. Smoked about 1 bowl or less over those 2 days and nothing since. Will have a urine test within the next week for a new job. Since last Friday (Oct 24) have been walking 1-3 miles per day plus started riding exercise bike 30-45 minutes more strenuously today. What are my chances or being clean for the test?

8. Hi...I had a drug test this morning; I smoked Sept 5, a few hits from a bowl. That was the first time since Nov 2013. I tested clean Sunday from my first void using first check at home test... Do you think I'll be okay? I am a little overweight, relatively active and barely ever smoke. Thanks!

Bought a set of 10 at-home marijuana tests and just took my first one.  Came out positive.  Guess 6 days is clearly not enough to clear my system.

Since posting the above note, I have started popping the following pills:  Super B Complex, Concentrated Cranberry Pills, Creatine, Fish Oil.  I have also been trying to drink a lot of water.  The interview went really well and I'm being considered for the VP role so I really need to come out negative if they actually test me.  Part of me thinks it's just for lower-level people since I've never once been tested in my industry before, but I'm obviously abstaining until that point.  Before giving up weed 6 days ago, I was a very heavy user so I am worried that it'll stay in my system longer than most people who are as slim and active as I am.

10. Helllllp :[
    \nSo my girlfriend was smoking ~1 bowl/5-6x week/1 year.  She has brown hair past her shoulders, exercises everyday.
    She has been clean for ~6-7 weeks.  Like everyone else, realized she'd have to be taking a HFT unexpectedly.
    \nShe did 4 days of the Macujo method, twice a day. She then cut 3-4 inches off her hair and it is shortest in the back (maybe 4 inches). Then bleached and dyed it.  Th The following day she did baking soda followed by the Hair Mudd + Shampoo from http://www.passyourd.../hair-tests.htm (who when I talked to them on the phone, said she only needed the shampoo but we decided to play it safe). 
    \nShe thought she would have the test that day, it turns out it may be something like a week longer until she tests.  Since she has been clean, obviously she's growing new clean hair.  Her scalp is red and burned and peeling.  Wondering what you guys would recommend doing next.  Think she's in the safe zone? Or would you recommend spending another $200 for the hair Mudd + shampoo kit? Or think she might be fine doing like baking soda and zydot daily until it comes?
    \nGreatly appreciate everyone's expertise!

11. Okay. I'm really needing some feedback - and hoping what I hear will ease my anxiety. But even if it doesn't, at least I'll have a better idea of what to expect.

I weigh 140 lbs, I'm 5'5" female, I'm not overweight but have some extra fat in the stomach region, I workout a few times a week but have taken about 4 weeks off recently due to time restrictions in my schedule.

I used to smoke about a gram of good bud every day. I was pulled over and charged with possession (of about a gram of bud) back in April and stopped smoking before my first court date in July. I took an initial baseline test for my PO and passéd with no problem. I hadn't smoked at all again until about a week and  half ago.

On Saturday 10/17 and Sunday 10/18 I smoked half a bowl (both nights) of mid grade bud. Then, on Wednesday night 10/22 I took two hits of good bud out of a one hitter. 

I'm on diversion and not on color code. I was told by my PO on Monday 10/27 that I had to drop by 4pm Wednesday 10/29. Yikes! I immediately took an at-home test (50ng/ml cutoff) and passed with flying colors. Since I had taken that test at the end of the day, I took another one in the morning for my first void and passed that as well. 

Still anxious due to not knowing what the cutoff level is for my diversion and the strict city I live in - I bought 2 tests and had them overnighted to me at 20ng/ml cutoff. I don't know if there was something wrong with the tests, or if it was because I had been consuming so much water hoping to "flush myself out" - but both of those tests came out with a faint CONTROL line and a faint T line. 

I decided I didn't want to risk anything and just attempted to dilute for the big test. My question are this:

Does anyone know if the test I took would likely be under the standard 50ng/ml cutoff? I went to LabCorp where they do a split specimen and nothing it tested right in front of you - I'm assuming they send it to a lab for testing? I really don't know how it works. 

And my other question is - if they suspect dilution, will my sample undergo further testing (i.e.: a lower cutoff level) ?

At this point I'm more worried that my urine appeared too diluted, causing suspicion, and that my sample will be subjected to a more thorough test? 

Also, any advice on what to say to my PO if I get the dreaded phone call?

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!!

12. #1433 Ch1234, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
    I have a test at about 10 am tomorrow and I got a friend's clean urine around 2 pm today. Unfortunately it sat for a few hours and is now cold. If I heat it before a (stat cup was the brand name i think? -- at least its not in a lab with a nosey lab tech right?) drug test tmrw will everything be okay, or does going cold/waiting a few hours fuck it up? I've tried searching for this but haven't found anything along the same lines. Thanks guys.

Your sample being too diluted is the least of your worries... They try to scare you saying it's an instant fail or w/e they say in your county but they won't violate you for it. Say you've been drinking a lot of water lately because you've had headaches due to dehydration or you've been exercising more. A lot of people drink to the point where they pee clear. Expect another test in the near future and if you keep diluting it who knows what they might do. I had a friend get through juvenile formal probation by diluting his tests... he would smoke one week then be clean for a week and drink a shitload of water with aspirin and some other stupid shit he thought worked. It did work in diluting it but his P.O. was pissed. He got lucky because he ended up moving to TN and they decided to cut his probation short due to the move. I don't know how long that would've kept up TBH, but he did it for a good year or so.

14. Thank you. That makes me feel a bit better. Even just writing out the situation made me feel a little better - I think if I was replying to someone in my situation I'd assume they are just fine and tell them to relax. Its a lot tougher to deal with when the shoe is on the other foot! Think I'm just gonna stay clean for the next 9 months cause I'm not sure its worth the anxiety!

15. #1436 Hokiefan23, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
    So the last time I toked was on september 1 of 2014. I have been 57 days sober. I was your typical college student who was a heavy smoker for about 2 years. I smoked nearly every single day all day long or so. Mostly bowls, bongs, and vapes. I smoked up to a half gram per day of some very high quality bud. (no mid, just dank) A week or two before i quit i dabbed once, i also smoked heavily that week, blunts bongs and bowls.
    \nI quit cold turkey because i knew that i was quitting after college. i graduated on october 1. I ended up having to take a pre-employment drug test yesterday for a job opportunity. I was 56 days sober at that point. I work out 4-5 days per week doing mostly weight lifting and very little cardio. I lift heavy and my diet consists of an all protein diet. I eat fairly clean and drink a ton of water.
    \nI am 20 years old, roughly 15 percent body fat, and 5 ft 8 with a decent metabolism. (not really sure, i use to be over 300 lbs) but i obviously my metabolism is much better now that i'm thin. I am on the muscular side. 
    \nDo you think my 56 days sober is enough to pass that lab urine test? I ended up going to the bathroom and pissed a lot as soon as i got there. (i just really had to go) i as soon as i finished pissing, i had to wait about 45 minutes before i took the test. t was roughly 5 pm or so when i took the test. I drank two bottles of water while waiting, hoping to dillute a tad bit. When i took the test, my urine was a light yellow color, i also take creatine as a supplement daily so if they question if i dilluted it, they can tell that my creatine levels should be in check.
    \nYour thoughts?[​IMG]

16. You'll be given the 50ng tests.  Unless you diluted for your home tests stop worrying.  You could take one more 50ng home test using your first void of the day.  If you pass that you're golden.

I've had lots of experience with urine and have also subbed many times.  It's not a problem using urine that's sat out a few hours.  I hope you refrigerated it overnight.  Smell it, if it's gone bad you'll know.  BTW it will stay good in the fridge for a couple of days or so and a few months in the freezer.  Put your specimen under your nuts, no air in the container to hold the urine away from your body, and place a folded cloth under it to hold it up tight against you and it'll stay about 94 degrees which is fine, no hand warmer needed.  It's important to practice.  Put your specimen in place, walk, sit, walk, and see if it stays in place.

You be good friend, relax.

17. hey all - can someone describe to me the pre-test procedure used by e-screen?  i've heard they require you to strip down?  is this true?  thx!

18. I need advice/counsel. I'm 5'7", 150 lbs, average build. I've been using on average 2 times a day for about ten days. I just found out I'll need to take a drug test at some point. It'll likely be scheduled for sometime next week, and I can possibly stall until the following week. Am I screwed?

(PS: I'm not sure if the amount consumed plays a role, but I've consumed about 2-4 grams in that time)

19. So I have to drug test on Monday. I was supposed to drug test on Friday but I was so nervous I got lost and missed the test. The test on Friday was at 4. I took an Ultimate Gold Detox drink and followed the instructions to the T. The last time I smoked was the Saturday before the test, so I was about 6 days clean. I drank water like a fish the four days leading to the test. At test time I was peeing clear and missed the test. Went home and took an at home test and passed with an extremely faint line. The next day (today) I took another at home test and passed with a strong line. I have another detox drink (The Stuff) just in case I need it. What are my chances of passing without taking The Stuff?

I am 5'9", about 230 but I am a thick black girl, not the flabby sloppy kind of big girl. I never exercise but have two jobs that keep me on my feet and at test time I will be clean for 9 days.

I need this job!! Very nervous!! Please help!!