Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. If the ganja is good quality I wont eat more than 3 grams at once. 3 grams per edible is a strong ass dose too. But im a daily smoker also so i have a tolerance.
    2 grams is a decent all day high. very euphoric etc...

2. I use 160 micron Dry Ice hash-kief from top quality bud but I can afford to be wasteful as hell with my stock.. 5 grams mixed with 1 table spoon of oil = 30 size (0) caps.. 2 caps is my usual dose 3 times a day.. More then that will have me hallucinating and holding on for dear life.. My advice is to keep making the same small batches that you can repeat exactly over and over then start to adjust your dosing.. Keep kicking it up a notch until you reach your happy zone.. I like the Caps over the brownies as it's a better way to get an exact dose.. When I started I was short filling the caps as a full was way to strong for the rest of the household.. A regular (0) cap holds about 25 drops.. Short filling was just a matter of making up some 6s 12s and full 25s caps.. BNW

3. Thanks for the replies all, I will keep trying. I did try eating 3 brownies at one point and had absolutely no response. I had a better reaction to consuming the left over oil in a cup of tea so capsules may be the way to go just infuse and fill?

4. #3504 MattmPsi, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
    i just used about 14.5g of some mid grade and followed these instructions to the tee..
    Whats the serving size with mids? 1g? And i mean whatsa a high dose serving size and also what would happen if you ate all of it over the course of the day

5. #3505 Quantary, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
    All you have to do is divide the gram weight by 10 to get an approximation of milligrams of THC. Why 10%? Say that the mids you are making a batch of canna-caps with was between 10 -15% THC content, and that you were able to convert most of the THCA into THC with a perfect decarboxylation. 10% makes an nice clean estimate that is easy to calculate.

What is considered a dose? I'll use "Cheeba Chews" definition, which is 17.5 mg, since they sell a quad dose that is 70mg. So by that measure you should aim for using no more than .175 gram of (midgrade) bud per serving. (or 5.7 doses per gram) You can use even half that amount, keeping in mind:

It's always better to err on the side of making smaller doses, which allows you to custom tailor the level you want to reach, and also there's less risk of getting more than you bargained for! My last batch of 90 coco/lecithin/cannabis caps was made with a high-grade that was tested at 25% THC. ( Rounding down for exaggerated testing I'll say it was 20%)

Because it was stronger than my usual herb, I decided to make 90 capsules from the 7 grams. (.078 grams of bud per dose)

The first test dose of one cap was surprisingly strong, two is enough to get even the most tolerant a nice 3 - 4 hour plateau of medication. If you do everything right with the process it is VERY doable to get 10 doses per gram of dried midgrade flower, more for top shelf stuff.

6. #3506 Quantary, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
    1/4 oz = 90 caps ≈ .078 grams cannabis each
    [​IMG]

7. Quantary, Are those the caps you made? They seem to have a lot of plant material in them, which i think is cool, GO WHOLE PLANT!!. I have always done the BadKat cannacaps and strain the plant material, but i recently capped some dry decarbed bud. Maybe .2g per cap and they worked well. I noticed longer lasting effect. So now i am going to play with dry,
    My question, any irritation of stomach or intestine? I read it can cause issues due to sharp fibers and chlorophyll. I never have those issues, i am thinking my green smoothie with kale and spinach and ground chia seeds has got to be way more than a couple of caps.I like the idea of whole plant. you also mentioned using a filler in a prev post, what do you use?

8. The hash caps don't bother me at all.

9. #3509 Quantary, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2015
    Sober, you're right I have always used the whole bud in my cannabis caps because I knew that there would be less left behind in the plant material, and I eliminate having to strain anything or clean up the mess.

I believe it is the fine hairs which grow on the leaf and stems which can irritate the stomach lining. But since you decarboxylate and grind the flower to an extremely fine powder the hairs have been chopped up.

You will probably have to add an inert powder like rice flour to the mixture in order to dilute the potency. This is because if you're using 00 and you're filling them with just coconut oil, cannabis, and lecithin, it would be too strong. (even for experienced users)

I just add flour and coconut oil to the mixture until the total weight in grams is the number of capsules I want to make. In my caps, (which are weak, they're really half-doses) there's only .08G of weed in the 1 gram capsule.

Also, you can coat the inside of the coffee grinder with a teaspoon of flour. That way the resin won't stick to the blade and insides.

Whatever you decarb the weed in, also coat that with flour to prevent resin from sticking to the surface. Don't want to waste ANY of that sticky stuff, it is why you're making the capsules in the first place!

10. [​IMG]

11. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I flour nothing

12. Wow! :SMH:[​IMG]

13. I am not hopping on the flour,but 10% for mids?In my experience I don't find that out to lunch. For cannacaps, I buy milled trim from a licenced producer in Canada, who is government regulated to test everything, and it is sold as 9-12%. My caps from untested mids come out the same potency wise, and when i compare my caps to tested edibles, the math makes sense to me.

14. You get milled trim at 9-12%, what? THC?
    Have you verified this number with your own test?
    Sounds high to me. I have had several strains tested (bud) and I can't imagine leaves coming in at 9-12%.

15. I do not have it tested myself, but licensed producers in Canada are under huge amount of regulation from health Canada.They are required to test every batch which is why the trim/shake needs to be milled, so it is consistent. I buy trim from growers and it is about 50% popcorn bud (yeah i will smoke a few bowls of it and it works just fine) and the rest is sugar leaf tips, bottom of bag and the stuff from tables and screens. I assume the milled stuff is the same, so no I am not talking about leaf. That said, its still a guess based on an assumption LOL. I am tempted to start doing my own thin layer chromatography so I can dial in my decarb method and then i can post some facts.

16. I've been looking into Thin Layer myself. Do you know anything about it? I've seen some as being all DIY but others that have the cards sent to them for analysis. One of the makers offers the software for not a lot of money and that seems better that trying to just eyeball results. If I could know how well it works I might try it. It doesn't have to be detailed to dial in the decarb and you don't have to live in a city. [​IMG]

17. No experience with TLC, almost pulled the trigger on the THC testkits set.

18. Here is how I use this amazing tech, with a step by step video.

19. Nice video, i am always curious about the science of decarb. What temperature do you think the oil reaches in a 220 oven?

20. Can anyone explain how to make infused cereal? It's pretty cool and I want to be able to have that as a boost to my healthy breakfast
    How is this done?

Attached Files: