Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1.   A couple of things you can try.. I have seen big bore glass dropper bottles that don't have the standard pinched tip most eyedroppers have.. Damned if I can find one web searching at the moment so try a pack of plastic pipettes and trim off the end to allow your larger particles to pass.. They sell plastic eye droppers as well that can be trimmed.. If you insist on glass a neighborhood glass shop should have a diamond sanding wheel they can try to grind off the tip of a glass dropper but take several as they are fragile..
      Try and get your particle size down.. Your decarbed material should be very dry and powder fairly easy so try rubbing it through a 220 or finer micron bag next time.. Even my 160 mesh hash will plug the dropper if the mix is to cold when filling..
      Being a big fan of licking the spoon as I process even though it leaves me smashed after a session of oil making it does give me a perspective on how the additional cycles of heating and freezing change the consistency of the finished product.. After the 1st cycle the oil as usual is on top and the hash sludge is caked to the bottom of the dish.. After blending it's still gritty but each additional cycle will change that until at the 4th it's gone from a gritty green flavor to a smooth nutty flavor and texture.. The 4th run oil caps with no stoppages while a single has several stopper chucks I have to work around..

2. #3402 puddleglum, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
    I think BKS recommends using a McDonalds straw? You just put your thumb over the top and use it like a pipette. ;)

3. I will give that a try but I thought that the idea was to incorporate as little oil as possible?  only enough to make a paste?  should it be runny as if it would drip from the straw?

4. Mine is thinner then a paste.. Try using just enough additional oil to make it fluid.. A bit of trial and error is expected at first.. I tried both a straw and a syringe but settled on an eye dropper as giving the best control.. While it's true that more oil will make a weaker mixture you simply adjust your dose.. You'll want to keep track of your amounts so you can duplicate your results on the next batches and get consistent results.. My mix is
    5 grams hash
    1 table spoon coconut oil
    1 tea spoon soy lecithin
    size 0 gel caps
    I have to keep stopping to rewarm the cup as I cap and stir constantly to keep the hash suspended and evenly distributed in the solution..

5. Actually I personally strain the oil completely so it is pure liquid. :)

6. We have found you can cut the end of a pipette to make the hole bigger they. Rock!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Can anyone help me find a good recipe for vaping hash

8. Hello BatKat and friends. 

I've heard that BadKat is back and may be able to answer some questions.  I would first like to say that I have learned so much from your webpage and appreciate the knowledge you are so willing to give others.  Not only that, but after I read your story, I was very touched by your selflessness.  I wondered if there was anything I could do to contribute to your cause.  I am on a small scale, (4x4x87, and 4x4x4),  and everything I have is being made into medicine.  So I can't donate cannabis.  Is there any other way I could help?

I have two Questions, but first I'd like to tell you a bit about myself and my mission.   I am an extremely passionate believer/supporter of the power and potential of medicinal cannabis.  I am so passionate that I have dedicated my life to the study of and practice of, all things medical cannabis.  I made this decision about this time last year.  Since then, I have spent hours each day studying subjects such as organic living soil, terpenes, cannabinoids, medical recipes/methods, cannabis breeding, and a host of others.  There are just too many to mention.  I have also been able to apply these ideas methods since after last summer's outdoor season, I built myself Two Boxes for indoor cultivation(one for flower, one for Veg.) of cannabis for the purposes of making medicine(perpetual).  I began to reap the benefits of this perpetual system about 10 days ago.  It's been 6 months in the making, but I have a continuous harvest going and there is no end in sight.  I am in heaven! lol.
    I also have very strong opinions about Organic living soil being THE grow method for the most medically beneficial cannabis.  I also don't harvest plants all at once.  I take the most mature buds first, and then continue to harvest flowers as they reach maturity.  An apple farmer doesn't take all the apples at once, neither do most fruit farmers.  You take the fruit as it matures.  I just love the Idea of having plants ready to move right on into the flower box as space becomes available. 
           The spark that lit the flame was the health of some family members.  I have a cousin, and aunt and an uncle that have significant health issues.  My aunt and cousin suffer from debilitating arthritis.  My cousin was one of the best gymnasts in the province if B.C. when, at age 11, she was stricken with swelling, painful joints.  She went from being a rubber band to a sad, sad little girl who walked funny because of the pain, couldn't sleep, couldn't do the things that a healthy 11 year old girl can, and so could she, a few weeks ago.  It was very hard to watch.  I was only 20 or so then, therefore 13 years away from finding my passion and to be able to help her.  I share the opinion in the sense that I do not, and will not accept money from family and friends for medicine.  My aunt has the same auto-immune disorder.  My uncle has problems similar to my own.  Depression, anxiety, insomnia and all of the things that go with them. 
    So you can imagine my excitement at the fact that I am now able to help them with the fruits of my labor.  I know that this will work because I have not taken ibuprofen, or my dr. prescribed sleep medication in two weeks.  Is it a coincidence that I have been smoking strain specific, chemical free cannabis, for just over two weeks?  I think not!!  And I've just been smoking it.    

Anyways, My Questions are regarding a Carboxyl Intact oil that I want to make.  I am having a hard time finding 90% grain alcohol in Canada.  I live in British Columbia.  I have decided to try adding the plant matter directly into the oil.  I and am using a 50/50 combination of coconut oil, and avocado oil.  The avocado oil keeps it viscous at room temp.  The Idea is to add the plant matter and do the following.  I will take the oil/herb mixture out of the fridge, warm it up to 30-40 degrees celcius, and shake it for 10 minutes or so.  Then put it in the fridge for the day.  At night, I'll take it out of the fridge again and shake for 10 minutes or so, and back in the fridge.   I planned on doing this for 3-4 weeks.

1.      Lecithin will be added as well but I am unsure whether I should add it before I add the Cannabis, at the very beginning of the process, or at the end of the 3-4 weeks, after I strain out the plant matter? 
    2.      What effect will not using any alcohol have?  Will the oil still be potent, and just take longer to develop?
    3.      Will the 90% grain alcohol damage terpenes? 
    4.      Do you know of any other alcohol that will not damage terpenes?
    Any help you could give me would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
    PlaidBee

9. ive been scrolling and scrolling lol im just trying to figure out how to make hash that i can turn into oil later.  my harvest(first one!) is upcomming very soon. normally my girlfriends and I get out buddies trim and make butter by using unsalted butter or coconut oil by adding it to all the trim  plus some water then simmer on the stove top for 4 -5 hours. then let cool and seperate it  and freeze it.  the stuff usually puts me on my ass when i eat about a gram with some food.
    but i want to make hash. my girlfriend said she made apartment hash before using a blender. if so is this a good method. i want whatever is gonna produce the best hash.  i tried to find it on badkats website but only found canna oil and food receipts. please help GC

Attached Files:

10. I would go either Kief or rosin tech personally. Just capped these up ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432032069.593320.jpg

Here is a really excellent guide to making "ice water" or "bubble" hash:

http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-medical-marijuana/1340470-how-make-full-melt-ice-water-extract-tutorial.html

And here is a video of BadKat making bubble hash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shrUhcPLqb0

12. Here is my personal method for making dry ice hash-kief.. While I usually just run quality bud several other people I know run all trim this way with near as good a grade..

http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-medical-marijuana/1338323-hash-master-5000-dry-ice-method.html

13. And here is a video of BadKat making bubble hash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shrUhcPLqb0[/quote]

like the washer! What kind is it? I've seen the bubble magic ones but reviews I read are not the best. Any suggestions on which one will give me the most bang for my buck? Thank you! Appreciate the vid, never done this or seen it done but have wanted to try.

14. AFAIK the alcohol is used because you can use enough to wash several ounces, then reduce that down to a few tbsp by evaporating off the alcohol.
    How much material and oil were you thinking?

15. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]    

BAHHHHHHHHHHH.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......Hammered, you say???  I bet......LMAO!!!!

~Sunshine & Moonbeams~  Yes, I'm HIGH!!  LOL  

16. #3416 puddleglum, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
    Sanjun, all you need to do is add some virgin/unmedicated oil to get the correct amount for the recipe.

For example if your cookies need 1/2 cup oil, but the correct dosage of canna oil is only 1/4c of canna oil, then add 1/4c of unmedicated oil to get 1/2c total.

20g of bubble hash into a batch of cookies would be a ridiculously high dosage for my own personal tolerance so please know your limits and proceed with caution.

17. #3417 BrassNwood, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
    Sanjun
      I make the same batches of oil time after time and it's fairly predictable in it's effects..

5 grams of 160 micron dry ice hash from bud
    1 table spoon of coconut oil
    1/2 to 1 teaspoon of soy lecithin granules..
    Decarb hash covered 40 min @ 220 deg
    Process up to 4 heat and freeze cycles of 20 min heating covered @ 220 deg..

This makes 25 to 30 size 0 gel caps of which I take 2 each morning.. 3 will have me hallucinating if mixed with a few hits off the pipe so do take some care in your dosing.. Work your way up slowly to find your own personal dose as taking to much will cause green out and a less then enjoyable experience..

To make a batch of store box brownies I substituted a single table spoon of the 1/2 cup of oil called for in the boxes recipe with my tablespoon of canna hash oil, blended the oil well and cooked the brownies normally.. Cut into 24 very small squares a single brownie is still on the strong side for the average user.. Do wait 45 min to an hour before consuming a second brownie.. Hope that helps BNW..

18. thanks for the fast reply, i wasnt thinking straight earlier, now it makes total sense :) thankyou so much

Peace[​IMG]

19. Hi mate, once again thanks for this quick lamens term explanation ;)

between heat and freeze cycles, how long do i freeze? do you do 8 hours every time like kitty?

cheers

20. While I like to get at least one overnight freeze I've done both short and long freezes with very little change in the end product.. If I'm pressed for time I'll just do 30 min freezes.. With the small amounts and the small stainless dishes I use it quickly goes fully solid..