Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

you don't experiment at all with the oil?????  no shit?  LOL

yay Cali!  At least you got one!!!!  [​IMG]

Woody, I'm NOT the least surprised by this.....aw, come on....Nobody does anything DIFFERENT with the oils produced????  LOL  what did you end up making, Woody?????????

~Sunny Skies, HIGH of 68F~   

2. Okay, here's what I did tonight.I'm trying to make canna caps now. 1/4 cup coconut -8.3 of popcorn nugs. Decarbed, then let sit for a couple of days. Tonight I heated it to it was just starting to bubble, which I know from practice is about 45 minutes on my little fondue set I have on the 1 setting lol. Then I took it off. Let it cool for 5 then put it on 2 setting for 15. Once it started bubbling again I took it off completely and let it sit for 30~ minutes I'll it was cool but Loquid then I put foil around it and put it in the freezer overnight. I will do the heating process again tmrw. Oh! I added 1 gelatin pills worth of liquid soy lecithin.

So goingg by this, and let's just say that it's 6% THC I'm getting from the popcorn(edibles don't do much for me), does this mean that 28 caps will equal roughly 31 mg THC per cap? Or am I supposed to go by actual weight?

I have honestly tried for awhile to go on to the forum here and find the recipe+amounts for the med canna caps that are made using bud. I have even been on BadKittys actual website and still can't find it. Every time I click it takes me to a part of this thread but it's just a random recipe...thanks for the help!
    Only using Virgin coconut oil

3. A little searching on the thread turned this up
    =======================================
    Making your own cannabis capsules is affordable and easy. This method of THC and CBD delivery is extremely efficient, requires no recipes, has a long shelf life, and is inexpensive.

Start with taking your bud and decarboxylating it.  Once it's become dry enough to crumble easily, it's time to break it up.

This is where a high speed coffee grinder is key.  I have had good luck with some very inexpensive ($15-$20) Krups models.   The amount of bud to use in this <span>case is 7 grams or 1/4 oz.  That amount should easily fit into any coffee grinder.    I find that dusting the insides of the grinder with flour or other powdery substance prevents resin from sticking to the blades and bowl.</span>

Grind up the full amount, adding in the bud slowly, depending on bud density.  When finished, there should be nothing but a fine, grey-green dense canna flour.    1/4 oz of bud is reduced to just a few tablespoons of potent active ingredients for 30-60 coconut oil capsules.

Take about 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and melt it on med-low heat (about 210-220F) in a small saucepan.  Slowly add in the ground bud while stirring continuously.  If the mixture becomes too dry to stir, add more coconut oil.  Note the texture of the mixture after you've added all the bud.  Depending on the method you use to fill the capsules, you may want it more runny or solid.  

Unlike recipes, making canna caps only requires that you measure two things:  The weight of the bud, and the number of capsules that you end up with.   Dosing should be tailored to the individual, so I don't presume to know what would be good for you.   

I like to make around 40 capsules per 7 grams of bud, which comes out to .175 grams per dose. Not of THC, but of the bud itself.    With a little experimentation, you'll zone in on the correct amount for your biochemistry.  
    ========================================================
    Hope that helps... BNW

4. I'm definitely trying this recipe. Thanks. After getting baked off butter cookies a couple day's ago especially.
    And the fact that a few hits on top of the capsules will really put me up there....
    : peace : B)

5. so you put the ground up weed along with the oil that you mixed in, into the caps?   you don't strain out the oil and cap that?

Ah, excuse me here.....why would you strain it & lose all that weed/THC/CBD that is left over AFTER straining????  I don't make the caps, but BAKE/COOK with it....I know from experience that there is leftover oil that you just can't get all of it....I keep the leftovers, put it in a baggie, freeze it, then throw it back into the next batch that I'm running...never-ever get rid of the leftovers....So, that is with BAKING/COOKING where you might not want all that pieces of weed in your cookie, etc....now with caps, why not???  It's not like you're gonna taste it or get it stuck in your teeth or something....LOL  [​IMG]   Right???  The only thing that might happen here (IMO) is that it MIGHT change the potency of the cap, only because the weed MIGHT take up room in the cap, where only oil would be....Does that make sense???  It does to me.....opinions????

~Sundance~  Cookie???  cookies-smiley-emoticon.gif

7. I agree that there is no way to extract all the oil from the plant matter.  I just don't see many recepies that do it this way.  
           If you are using this mixture for baking then how do you work it into a recepie?  Do you just make the recepie for a batch or cookies (or whatever) and then just add an ammount of this mix?

It would seem that your caps might be less potent as compared to just capping oil, as like you state, the plant matter would take up much of the room in the caps, but I like the idea.   It always bothered me to toss the leftovers after making oil as I knew damn well that that there was goodnees in that

8. #3388 mrsilly, May 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
    You can rinse your tailings with 190 then evaporate it off, you will get it all. If that's what you want. We just toss them.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Also see Bad Kats Medical Grade oil on page 1.

10. You can replace any oil/butter in a recipe with CannaOil.....100% replacement will get you fuckin' wasted.....50% replacement will get you very very HIGH.....LOL   Etc...etc....etc.... [​IMG]   All depends on your needs.....

Now, there is a Grand Idea......I need to experiment more with this stuff.....branch out past Infused Baked Goods....problem is, trying to keep infused oil around this household.....Seems to disappear when I'm NOT looking.....I'll have to lock it up in the Curing Cabinet with the rest of my harvests & not in the kitchen.....[​IMG]

~Sundance~    just made some Pumpkin Muffins.....damn these are good!  chef.gif   In the cooking mood!!  LOL

11. We love are muffins around here Sunny. Was just tellin mrssilly how much I love her muffin I mean muffins lmao!

12. HA!  LMAO!......NASSSSsssty......LOL   Hide Mrs. Silly & let him come looking for those muffins..... [​IMG]   & then take a lick or 2.....

~Sun is COOKIN'~   

13. Got some oil in the freezer, gotta cap it. I've been busy an it's been in the freezer for like a week 😡 I hate working 12's

14.   Please tell me how you fill the caps when using this method?  I mixed the oil and plant matter so my mix was the consistency of used coffee grounds (only very fine and pastey)   I filled the caps using a popsicle stick which was messy and a pain in the ass. 
       What is the best way to do this?

15. I strain/press it and use a dropper lid from a small bottle

16. #3396 mrsilly, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
    Do you strain from hash or bud or both?

17. Add a little more oil tsp

18.  SunnyD..
      We whipped up 2 batches of store box brownies each with a standard 5 gram hash-1 tablespoon oil replacing part of the 1 cup of oil called for in the recipe.. Having made many batches of this oil all with the same amounts I know this to create 25 to 30 size 0 caps of which 2 is my usual dose.. Told them to cut each 8x8 inch brownie into 25 very small squares and sample up.. My tester ate about 4 doses worth and was hammered for several hours.. 

19. I only use bud. I don't have enough material at once for it to be worth making hash first.

20. Ok... but how do you fill your caps?   I have tried different type droppers and although they work well with just oil, when there is much plant matter in the mix, they get plugged up.   I'm still looking for the perfect tool