Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Happy herb day everyone, meet me by the tree!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Happy 420 Growmies

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I used your awesome Canna oil recipe for brownies today and they turned out great! I love this thread

4. #3364 BadKittySmiles, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
    Just wanted to update you guys quickly on how the Cup went.. and well. It went awesomely, of course. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think this might be my favorite group shot of us, except that I just wish we'd had Elise in frame!

[​IMG]

Sooo tired. [​IMG] Denver, you wear me out. So, Cup recap! I had a wonderful, magical time at the HT Cup itself, but I think that maybe the best part was meeting and talking with new friends, some were actually old friends in a way and have been following along here for years, I even met people who remembered me from Overgrow and my earlier yahoo days, and I met so many people who have been through this thread, and they have it memorized and it's changed their lives, it was just so humbling, but such a warm feeling being surrounded by all these wonderful people who were familiar with the work.

Sometime this weekend I'll be inviting everyone who's still in town and would like to visit for a smoke, to come down to the iBake Denver location. Completely legal social smoking club (anyone can become a member, for a tenner  [​IMG] ).

[​IMG]

I was at the Awards Ceremony, Saturday night, aka "night of the busted shoe". I jumped up to try and snag some footage of the country's longest serving pot prisoner, and ended up stepping on the strap of the platform flip flops that, for over ten years, have made me look of average height around short people... and it broke. I tried to use BeeLine to save the day, but wound up walking barefoot through the mart, luckily that was the end of the evening. I was right in the room and I didn't catch a single winner. Too busy sitting in back and having one of the better first-conversations I've had with a new friend in a long while, I'm pretty bummed he had to take off before the end of the Cup.

[​IMG]

Speaking on the Edibles panel started out a little shaky, we were maybe ten or twenty minutes late getting to the venue and the panel had already begun, so when I hopped on stage, I was still a little uneasy and a bit woozy from the drive. I'm not normally all that talkative in person as it is, not quite as much as the other panelists who were all so experienced, and had their notes all prepared... I showed up empty handed, I had meant to maybe make some notes, collect thoughts, but between being so busy and a bit under the weather most days I didn't even have time (or more likely, the good sense [​IMG] ) to find a notebook in town. I was so fortunate to be sitting with such a well spoken and insightful group, and Elise really takes charge and knows how to keep the flow going! I think that, not only did we all offer very good info, but we also really entertained a lot of people, which is important when you're trying to encourage the retention of that info. 

After I warmed up a little though, things really went spectacularly well, and I just couldn't believe how many people had questions for me during the final Q & A, it was just wild! 

Towards the end, sometime around the last question or so during the panel itself, Tim McDowell (of MarQaha, such a very lovely, and friendly man,  he really helped put me at ease when I got on the panel a bit late) handed me the mic again, before the next person in line could start to ask their question, laughing a little, and whispered, "Here, this one's probably for you too". [​IMG] I come from a quiet place, and the Cup, the visitors and and the whole panel experience, it was all just so humbling and at the same time so exciting, and fun! 

After the panel was over and they started clearing people out, I still ended up talking to a bunch of visitors and answering questions, so many, that I had to just sit back down in my panel chair, and I kept going with them for another ten or fifteen minutes even while the next panel or presentation was being prepped. I am so fortunate to have had someone with me by then, who had spent a lot of time reading the things I've written and posted online over the years, and practicing. By the end when I was getting a little tired, and feeling ready to wander off to medicate for about the first time that day, so I partially-deferred one of my last questions to the nice fellow who was accompanying me. He made the whole trip the good experience that it was, I still can't thank him enough. [​IMG] People really came out from all over the place to visit with me, it's been such a special experience.

Alfred the limo driver, picking me up at the Radisson, to head out for the Cup!

[​IMG]

You have to go to a Cup if you ever get the opportunity. Don't listen to the tiny sprinklings of negativity.. whenever you hear that someone couldn't make a fun time for himself at a #HIGHTIMES #CannabisCup, that is a darn personal problem! User error. [​IMG]
      Healthy people, especially, should be having a blast. If someone's well, and likes weed, and they aren't having fun at a Cup or a cannabis heavy event, HT or otherwise? They must live a privileged life, indeed.  I've lived and slept in warehouses full of the stuff and still had SO much fun this weekend, to think it's not a big deal what we can do together today, or that it wasn't enjoyable in some way, shape or form, is a level of privilege I'll never grasp.

If you're reasonably healthy, never take it for granted, and get out and enjoy events like these while you can, I'm wishing I didn't spend so many of my younger years hiding in a room or lab or grow shed, away from people and the community. Patients don't always have it as easy at events, it's why I bought and host the 30ft, enclosed, climate controlled tent, instead of a car last year. I weighed my options, figured that I don't go out often enough to risk investing in a third useless lemon, that legally can't be driven in that state, so I got the tent instead. You guys do mean a lot to me. [​IMG]

We cool the tent in the summer, and heat it in autumn for the last fests of the year at our expense, just to help shelter patients from the elements of the particular season and let them be comfortable while medicating. 

It's allowed people to attend events, and be with their peers, when they otherwise may have had to stay home, or way out in parking lots in their personal vehicles.

But I digress, back to the Cup, I was told I would be in a chair or with hip replacements by now a few years back myself, and while there was only little seating in some areas and I barely made it around to all the booths (I didn't see them all to be honest), I still had my butt on the ground, smoking fat doobies, just having a grand old time! 

So don't believe the party poopers, the rain paraders, the, uh... the hairs, in your dab.

Back to the panel, I was so jealous of one of the other speakers, she managed to have her whole eight or ten person crew in the room to support her, it made me so sad that I couldn't get just my partner/cg over to help with necessities after I've been in bed the last year, and to watch my first big Cup experience. I'm hoping he'll be able to come with me next time, you know, just to help improve the international presence.. let's see more long haired, Australian, death metal hippies at the Cups! [​IMG]

Oh, and after the panel was over, we were walking out of the building to check out the vendors, by this point I'd already been approached a few more times on our way out for questions, so when someone said my name, I was getting into the groove and ready to help.

But instead, next thing I knew, I had another speaking gig this time at a large east coast convention, and that's what the question was about... I think they said that they'd been in the room for the panel. The two things combined (the speaking offer, after watching the panel), sort of make me feel like I didn't make too much of an awkward fool of myself, up there... [​IMG]

And how can you throw a ton of joints to a thousand or so passionate stoners, and then expect them not to all clam bake that room... or hotbox it, or whatever the kids are calling what I used to do in a tent in my livingroom with the air vents duct-taped up when I was a kid. [​IMG]

Before the Awards Ceremony....

[​IMG]

After the Awards Ceremony, maybe 90 minutes later.... keep in mind I haven't moved further back to put more smoke between us, the first shot was just zoomed in, this is after people stopped smoking and started filing out. Ah, the difference an hour and a half can make.  [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They guys from Broken Lizard (Jay was absent, think he had to go back to CA for an emergency) shared a screening of Super Troopers, that went much the same way.... I'll sort out some pics from that session too, a little later on. I managed to get quite a bit of their Q & A on film before my battery died. [​IMG]

5. Best advice I have heard in a very long time!!

Glad to hear you had a great time and a positive experience.  
    Thanks for keeping us posted on the cup. hope to catch one of your your presentations soon! [​IMG]

6. #3366 Quantary, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015
    For the first time I added sunflower lecithin paste to homemade canna-caps, and I found a difference with the perceived effects.  It seems that the effects take place sooner with lecithin (as few as 20 minutes) because this is the first release of THC into the bloodstream through the linings of the mouth and digestive tract including the stomach. Without lecithin, canna caps are effective, but the they take longer to start working.  Then as the THC metabolizes in the liver, releasing a powerful metabolite, the second wave of medication kicks in.  So the effects are two staged, that's why waiting at least three to three and a half hours before re-dosing is recommended.  

7.  A little under the weather this morning, I'll be back soon with more Cup updates and an event schedule with the dates and venues where you guys can come and see me speak (let's just say we're visiting somewhere warm and sunny along the way...), we can all spend some time together at ours, or a partner or sponsor's booth. I really enjoyed visiting with you guys at the Cup and can't wait to see you all again, both familiar faces and new. I make a point to answer extra questions after classes and panels, and to find space and make time to visit with everyone during and after events. I usually only spend a little time in the VIP areas as needed, I like to try to make sure I can visit with everyone in the general areas, and spend a lot of time out there. I always have free medical oil recipe cards you can keep in your kitchens, and usually some t-shirts and glass pads, we'll medicate a bit and have a good talk.

I'm here to help, I don't go to these events for myself or just for pleasure (although they are immensely fun, and if you're able to, you should go!), before I started assisting the community I'd only been to a handful of concerts in my life, when I am at the venue I'm usually not mobile enough to visit or enjoy many other booths, and when I'm not at the venue, I'm in bed at a friend's or the hotel, recovering as fast as possible so I can get back out there and see you all again the next day.
      So don't feel bad or awkward about approaching, that's what I'm there for if you see me, I'm not there to hide from you guys or put out a sales pitch and dart off, I don't sell anything not even to my own patients. I have no ulterior motives beyond making sure you guys are getting your medicine into your bodies, as efficiently as possible, for your unique metabolism and specific condition. 

The most popular areas of discussion were suppositories and Crohn's disease, and other digestive concerns, cancers, neurological disorders, and assisting children and animals. I'm happy to discuss any of these topics with you. :) - Kat

Here's a new HIGHTIMES article I had a bit of a mention in... :)

\t2015 HIGH TIMES US Cannabis Cup Denver: The Top 15 Edibles[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. How do I make hard candies with shatter? It hasn't been decarb yet. Thanks

9. BadKat....My hero......B)

10. HI!!
    I was wondering if I could use BHO/Wax/Dabs to make the THC pills that you explain how to make. Thanks!!

11. A search of BHO on the thread turned this up so that should help..
    -----------------------------------------------
     Posted by <span>thatguyted</span> on 15 December 2014 - 01:30 PM in Incredible, Edible Herb
    Hey so I've been making Bho cannacaps for a while now and I'd like to shed some light on it. To date I have made about 15 batches and since my first, I have drastically changed my mehtods. I'm no cannabis scientists so I'm not going to give the run down on what chemicals change to what, but the main point I want to emphasize is that decarbing your oil is 90% of the job. I want to just list my methods and if anyone has any constructive criticism I'd appreciate it. Since doing all these steps, the canna caps have come out really good and thats coming from A LOT of people.

step 1: I first get a very small pan to put on the stove top. I then fill that small pan with about 2 inches of vegetable or any other cooking oil. I then place a cooking thermometer in the oil and set the stove top to a low setting (my stove goes 1-10 and I set it to 2) 
    step 2: wait for that oil in the pan to reach between 240-250 degrees F. while that is going on, I measure out 3.5 grams of bho and place it on the bottom of a small mason jar.
    step 3: now you are ready to decarb your bho once the oil in the pan is 240-250. place the mason jar in the bath of cooking oil to create a double broiler type contraption. and watch as the oil will turn into a liquid and start to bubble. during this time I like to warm up my coconut oil in the sink with hot water to get it into a liquid.
    step 4: set a timer for 20 minutes and watch the bubbles on your bho as it decarbs. Once 15 minutes has passed, take your pan off the heat source and place it on a burner which is not on. Your bho should still be mildly bubbling at this point. wait for the oil bath to get to 220 on the thermometer.
    step 5: Once the oil is at 220, Get a typical syringe (or plunger) and add 1 and a half syringes full of coconut oil into the mason jar with the decarbed oil. This typically makes 30 pills on the dot which i figure is about .1g each pill due to some weight lost during decarb. stir the mix every couple minutes for about 10 minutes or until the oil bath is about 150 degrees.
    step 6: take your mason jar out of the oil and let it cool down to around room temp. Then you can use the same syringe or plunger to fill your capsuls. No place near my campus sells empty capsules so i just buy supplements and empty them out.

This is the most recent method I use and it has been proven to work well with the last 5 or so batches. Before this method, I would just put my bho in a shot glass and put it in the oven at 250 for 30 minutes and then stir it into warm coconut oil. with the ranging temps in an oven, a lot of my batches varied between efficient and really weak. Decarbing with a thermometer and a controlled heat source is the best way to go. Bought my thermometer at a grocery store for like 3 bucks. Regardless of what method you use to decarb always make sure you mix the bho and coconut oil at a temp between 180 and 220. not really sure why but a lot of people have told me that and it seems to work. And it is also important to note that my doeses are based on my own tolerance and the quality of bho I use is not the best, but hey I get a pretty damn good price. These caps are awesome though, take 1 for during the day and I'm very high (but mellow) for about 4 hours. 2 caps is a bit too much for most of my friends who have tolerances to bho so be cautious.

12. also at what point would you add the lecitin like she had in her recipe?

13. I put the soy lecithin in the oil as one of the first things as it takes a while for the granules to dissolve fully in the mixture.. I've tried crushing the granules into a semi powder but it really didn't seem to make much difference.. My mix is
    5 grams of 160 micron dry ice hash
    1 table spoon coconut oil warmed enough to be liquid
    1 tea spoon of soy lecithin
    decarb hash at 220 deg for 40 min covered
    mix ingredients
    heat covered at 220 deg for 20 min
    freeze
    repeated up to 3 additional times as desired for increasing narcotic effects..

I got the smallest stainless steel dishes petco sells as my working dishes
    The local vitamin shop had the lecithin and the empty gel caps
    A small elect toaster oven keeps the wife from yelling about her oven smelling strange
    A 3 buck thermometer from the market insures your spot on with the temp.. A lot of ovens are not even close.. This one runs about 20 degs colder then the knob reads..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. [​IMG]   To all you Fast Talkin', slow walkin', quick eating Stoners (yes you too Quinn & Kat!!!  LOL)~~ Happy Belated 420!!~~   Wish I had made the drive to Denver for the cup!! 

~Sundance~   Woody, looks like you are seriously hooked on the edibles....LOL   We must get MORE people in here to try this shit out!!  Right Guys!???   Tree, Silly, Cali, Sam, Quinn & Kat....Plus all who are reading this (yes, I'm HIGH on Pumpkin Muffins).....I think it's about time to have a "Post Your Favorite Edible Recipe" & start swapping those recipes.....yes???  YES!!!!!!  [​IMG]    So, gather those recipe cards, damnit......LMAO!    what 'cha all think????

15. I'm a "utility user".  lol I only make canna caps and alcohol tincture.  Boring, I know.  I don't need any extra calories, anyway, if you know what I mean, just relief.  lol

16. I don't have many edible recipes HOWEVER if you want some gooey gooey Rice Krispie treats follow my modified recipe.

1. On low heat melt 1/2 cup of cannabutter
    2. Add 16 oz of marshmallows
    3. Once melted add 9 oz of fruity pebbles and mix thoroughly
    4. Spread evenly across a casserole dish and that's it, these turn out awesome and freeze well.

17.   2 Brass Caps a day help keep sobriety at bay.. Likewise utility user.. They are a game changer.. I've gone from can't cop a buzz to stoned off my ass 24-7.. Rather then the ever increasing resistance to cannabis I found when smoking the caps have a multiplying effect taken long term.. I'm like a serious newbee with smoke now.. A couple of tokes will send me flying high..
      We did turn out some eatables last week but I haven't gotten a report back yet.. I suspect they may still be comatose as I did make them very potent as requested but I did send instructions on the expected dose along with the usual warning to gradually work your way up to your happy place..