Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. So the capsules are crazy strong. Just fell asleep while waiting for my Xbox to read a disc

2. #3282 iVapeTooMuch, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    I just turned roughly five and half grams of homemade hash into twenty one capsules. Ate one and didn't expect them to be so strong lol
    I'll probably be making another batch in a few days haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. 5.5 of hash into 21 caps would be roughly 2.25g per capsule that's insane did u add lecithin?

You're math's a little iffy there... what's 5.5 divided by 21? It's still a wicked high dose, but not "insane". ;)

5. Im assuming u used about 55 grams material to make the hash so u gotta divide that number by 21 not 5.1

6. #3286 Quantary, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    For medicinal use, capsules are the best way to go.  There are so many advantages of making canna caps over cookies or brownies.   Number one though is shelf life. I can make a batch of 4 dozen capsules from 1/4 oz of dried crown buds and coconut oil.  Cookies will eventually go stale, get dried out and funny tasting, even in the freezer.  

Whereas Coconut oil - cannabis caps probably could last several years in the freezer before they lost potency.  In addition I can take canna caps anywhere and medicate in complete stealth mode.  Baked goods give off a noticeable smell if not sealed tightly in a container.

My estimate of milligrams of THC is easy to compute, using the assumption of 10% THC by weight which is conservative for some strains, but a realistic average.

So 7 grams of bud is .7 grams of total THC .   Take the .7g and divide that by 48, and you have a dose of about 15 milligrams.   That amount of properly decarboyxlated and prepared herb will give most people with average tolerance a noticeable but not debilitating effect for 2-4 hours.  If you need more you can always take another dose or half-dose.

Even if you rolled thin joints, you'd only get maybe a dozen joints from a quarter.  So making cannabis capsules I use 4 times less than smoking.    An edible stone is so much deeper and longer lasting.  Taking 30 mg of THC is a very manageable dose if you want to double up!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anyone know the differences between soy and sunflower lecithin In terms of how they effect your edible?

8. #3288 Tree dogg, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    I'm not sure, all I have seen is soy is recommended by BadKitty, unless allergic.  I didn't catch why.  
    I would guess they are similar.

Is it granules?

9. So I searched the thread for Sunflower and changed the results to ascending.. Here is what BK has to say on Soy vs Sunflower..
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lecithin is often thought of as 'natures emulsifier'... it can be derived from many different plants and animals, though our common sources are usually egg, soy and sunflower.

Sunflower lecithin can be used as a substitute if you have an allergy to soy, although it's been studied and from what I understand, for whatever reason (if not 'science', then perhaps due to costs [​IMG] ), it has been found to be not quite as powerful or effective for liposomal encapsulation or emulsification.

And it's the liposomal encapsulation that makes it important to blend it properly with the chemical in question, that you're trying to absorb.... a diet containing healthy quantities of lecithin over the course of the day, not too much or too little, can help by 'lubing up' your cell walls so to speak, making them more receptive.
    But having the individual chemical components you're tring to absorb, surrounded, coated or 'encapsulated' by a thin layer of lecithin, is what really aids absorption!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. Got mine at the local health-vitamin shop..

[​IMG]

11. I'll stop by gnc and see if they have some. I just figured I'd ask, I have sunflower lecithin capsules. I've got 12 grams of some oil made with organic wheat alcohol. Should I wait until it shatters out then scrape and put in my glass measuring cup? Or will my decarb be enough to purge the remaining alcohol?

12. If you haven't decarbed your material before you made your hash you will have to bring it down to a solid state to Decarb. Then reconstitute it into a small amount of 190. Then incorporate it into your coconut oil. Then eveporate off the 190. To simplify things we always do a Decarb on whatever material we are using, before we run, blast, or wash hash for Mediables. Hope that helps.

Happy Mediables

13. #3293 Halfbakedjake, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    So your saying you can't just decarb finished oil? That means i just let this evaporate for 4 days for nothing if i just have to add more alcohol. Damn lol.

I didn't decarb Before I washed because this was a 2nd wash. The 1st wash is for then nail, and i wanted all the flavor.

Wait your saying you add the liquid 190/hash oil mixture to your coconut oil? Then the remaining alcohol cooks off? That was always the part that confused me with badkats tech.

14. Yes for mediables to be effective you need Decarb your material, unless it is from older dryer material like brick weed that has been around for a while. It will Decarb some while purging or heating in the coconut oil. It does happen at such a slower pace. You can go long and low 170f in a crockpot. You will lose a lot of the other more heat sensitive terpenes and Cannabanoids before your THC is Decarbed. Your next run will be much better and give you stronger sensations if you do.

Happy Mediables

15. Well it was made from keif that had been curing since November. I was told on this thread before that you can decarbed finished oil the same way as plant material at 220.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/

States you can

16. Yes you can... over here in the edibles forums they like tosuggest decarbing prior to blasting bbecause the process is sooo much faster and you dont need to wait to purge your material. Just decarb, blast, mix 190EC, and let the butane tane get killed off by the EC, and your good.

Over in the BHO forums this is kind of an odd thing to do lol. It seems like they like to do the blast, and purge first, then decatb their finished oils. Just put it in a oven safe pan, add oil, cover with foil, place in oven for 25minutes at 230. Should decarb.

Also, decarbing before the blast means preserving terps.. you dont have to decarb plant as hot as wax, therefore preser ing more terps in the end edible

17. going by what your saying id be fine to take my oil off the griddle and start decarbing. I've had it on the griddle at 87 degrees for 72 hours. I'm just worried I've never had an edible work for me so I want to make sure this will for once.

18. Maybe you wanna bump it up to like 115ish or even a little high for just a couple more hours to ensure all the butane is cooked off if your not using a pump. Shatter consistency doesnt matter because you will be boiling it down anyway in the oven. So just crank up your griddle for a couple hours and then Id say go ahead andproceed to decarb in the oven.

19. I was the ssme way until I made my own pills. Recently started getting in the realm of edibles... its the hardest thing for a dude who only used to make cerial.... n hot pockets. I was never good in the kitchen lol. But starting to learn about all this myself. But to my point I wanted to make, when you make your own and know how much your putting in, and know your taking the proper steps to make the most potential potent outcome, its a lot better than buying edibles from dispensaries and being gypped. To me at least. All my friends been getting ripped from my edibles

20. Clarify oil.  There is hash oil like BHO and there are infused oils like coconut olive...