Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

Yeah, that's the foam from the cooking honey. I've never made that much at a time or in a crockpot but that seems about right. How's the color of the honey? I see the light but it doesn't give a good comparison. One looks lighter than the other but the light makes it hard to tell. Is there anything floating in the honey? Have you tasted it? It will usually have a little bite to it if it's fairly concentrated but not a bad taste.  :)

2. With this bho I yielded about 10% of about 800 grams. Not sure if thats what you were asking or if it helps? Im not sure of the potency. The starting product was a mid, to lower midshelf type of run.. it was good, but not the best. I would love to get some of my bigger runs tested, but Im always running different material it would always be changing and I would constantly need to be testing.

3. Okay cool :)
    The color its a dark golden honey color. Just a little darker than original honey product. Just a little pulp from a lemon that bathed in the honey. Nothing floating besides that, but I could have taken a more in-depth look at it. I tried a table spoon 20 min ago and ilI can feel a slight body tingly/buzz hit. Cotton mouth is here as well, and my lazy ass feels too good in bed to wanna get up...

Yall are amazing! More questions to come tomorrow!

Its all about making Music, Love, and Red Eyes! :)

When my brain is a little fresher tomorrow I'll see if I can find the math to at least get you in the ballpark. What percentage of the yield was the 5.1g?  :)

5. So im making some glycerin capsules and I bought lecithin but the health food store gave me gel caps with the lecithin already mixed with vegetable glycerin and the caps are the sealed kind. So my question is how can I add the lecithin should I crunch some capsules in the tincture while its cooking and just stain out the peices that dont dissolve or would that cause a problem? And if not the dose for the caps is 1125mg per 2 capsules how many should I add to 8oz of tincture?

6. Any help by tomorrow afternoon would be amazing cuz its gonna cook over night ill separate the 8oz for e cig fluid. Then either make the capsules or cook with the lecithin capsules for about 2 hours then make the thc caps

7. #3267 BrassNwood, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    A quick search and read turned up this little snippet..

Optional - Lecithin can be used, but it is an oil/fat, so if you're looking for a 'fat-free' tincture, you certainly don't need to use it. It can speed up the process slightly by promoting bioavailability, also giving it a slightly more 'oily' appearance.

If lecithin is used, your tincture can no longer be used in vaporizers or e-cigs; inhaling oil in high concentrations, is not healthy.

Beyond that the general ratio of lecithin is 1/4 teaspoon to 3 teaspoon of coconut oil.. I've gone as high as 1/2 teaspoon.. I skimmed the glycerin section without finding a specific amount beyond her just saying it can be used..

Cut your caps in half and empty the contents and just wing it for now..

8. I know u can vape it once it has lecithin in it im going to separate it before I add the lecithin I guess il just do an 1 lecithin cap for every 5 or 10ml of glycerin and see how they turn out

9. #3269 mrsilly, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    DONT VAPE OIL lipid ammonia Lethicin is oil.

Please be careful
    Peace

10. How many times do I have to say this ISN'T my first time making capsules or tincture I know all about glycerin and not vaporizing lecithin and now heating glycerin above 512 because it will scare your lungs. I have 16 oz of glycerin cooking when I wake up im going to bottle 8 oz and leave 8 oz cooking then I'm going to add probably 20 lecithin gel caps and dissolve then into the glycerin while cooking for a hour or 2 then im gonna make the capsules. The vape juice will be done and stored before the lecithin is even out of the drawer

In your own words ^^^

Don't growl. You left the "t" off the "can't", indicating that you can vaporize it. Reading that, mrsilly was only looking out for your health. But at least now we do know that you know.  ;)

I've never had any good experiences capping glycerin, or at least storing caps. It doesn't freeze and has a tendency to leak for me. Good luck. 

12. Sorry it's been a bad day and i didn't reread thanks for looking out for my lungs.

Last time I made them I individually wrapped each capsule and put them in tupperware in the freezer and they lasted about 3 months before any started dissolving and even then it wasn't all of them just a few so that could have been a crack in the capsule or a bad seal when the two sides were popped together

13. Please do report back with your results and post your ratios, Amount of base materials and so on.. Having only gotten proficient at making hash-kief capsules using coconut oil and lecithin but I work in far smaller amounts.. A table spoon of oil and 5 grams of hash makes about 30 fairly potent size zero caps..

I need to hang at the silly pharm on the next tincture day as he's far ahead of me in that field..

14. Gotta run and pick up so bottles and capsules. Then il post the recipe and ratios

15. HeySam, so what do you mean? 5.1 came from a whole 85gram patty I just finished a week ago. I got 85gram return from about 850 grams used. So 10% return

Yah, that's what I was asking, the specific numbers. That should be pretty easy to get you an approximate dosing scale. It won't be like real testing but using standard averages you can get a good idea, generally, with less chance of overdoing it. 

I'm with a bit of neck pain right now and am on an Indica diet, but my brain should be functioning in a little bit and I'll work it up. I have a formula for that sort of thing if I can find it. If somebody doesn't beat me to it.  :smoking: 

17. So I used 16 oz of glycerin and threw in 10g fresh trim 10g of year old trim and 10g of stems.

Ended up with 600 or so ml bottled 300ml for ecig juice put 100ml in a bottle for drops at random times and put about 200ml in a bottle with 20 lecithin gel caps because I opened the bottle that's was supposed to be powder inside capsules and it was gel capsules and they can't be returned so they are being used. But anyway I figured 1 lecithin pill for every 10 ml of glycerin so they're dissolving now we'll see how much better the capsules with lecithin are compared to the none glycerin capsules il make with the other 100ml I separated

This is only going to be an approximation using known values and converting those to a whole plant scale that will be familiar to everyone. It would be hard to come close to the actual potency per tablespoon of honey because of the variables with BHO such as nug run, trim, first run or more. I have standard figures for RSO but that uses a full extract so we'll use the common scale. I hope I can make the math easy. 

The 3 numbers that are key are the 850g total, 85g yield and 5.1g in 60 tablespoons. I did this 2 different ways to verify the results. I first did it the more complex way of converting the total grams to ounces.

850g ÷ 28g = 30.35714285714286 and we will round off to 30.36 ounces. 
    30.36 ÷ 85g = .36oz/gBHO     28g/oz x .36oz = 10g plant material per gBHO
    10g x 5.1gBHO = 51g of whole reefer per 60 tablespoons of honey
    51g ÷ 60 tbls = .85g per tablespoon of honey

This can also be figured using the straight gram measurements as well but while these aren't very accurate, they can give you a general idea of the dosing without having to feel your way blindly.  :) 

19. You are beautiful! :) I am going to write this formula diwn and keep it in a safe!!!