Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

Jack Daniels :)

2.   Ahhh I finally finished reading this whole thing.. Haven't had this much fun since I waded through SGs old bastard thread and that was about 350 pages worth.. Always a gem or jewel in great threads like the lecithin issue.. If not for some discussion over it I'd not have realized that the original granules I have are in fact superior to the liquid I bought later thinking it would be better with my limited kitchen access..
      Now I'll be a bit more aggressive with my decarb and see how that works for the potency on my caps as well as doing a few different extended bake-freeze cycles as I have a friend with real sleep issues..

3. YES!!!!  He is learning.....isn't this shit interesting, Woody???  And if you are still up at the cabin....you have an oven up there, right?????  Give it a shot, My Friend....it's worth it!

~Sundance~  is not only keeping Farmers Hours but Insomniacs Hours tonight.....slept for 3 hrs only....damn!  LOL 

4. TheMixer..
      Unless you have special sensitivities it really shouldn't matter.. I'm not cooking with it however just making the hash capsules.. Perhaps one of the cooks like sunny will drop in if it's a cooking related use.. I've got both the large jar I paid little for and the small jar of organic I way over paid for and can't tell a difference in taste making hash oil.. Only using a few table spoons at a time I have a lifetime supply as it is..

5. Think anyone can answer my questions up there??? hahahaha

6. #3190 puddleglum, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015

BadKat said way back in post #1 what brand of oil she recommends for her recipes (the topic of this thread). It costs less than $10 a jar and is very yummy and creamy. I don't want to put words into her mouth, but I do believe that her specific choice of coconut oil is a carefully thought out decision due to medical concerns.

If you have a general question about "has anyone ever made edibles using movie theater popcorn oil?" you might get better answers if you start your own thread where we can discuss the pros and cons of that topic. In my own limited experience, any fat, oil, or butter in its pure form (don't use fake butter spread, for example) can be used to make potent MJ edibles. :)

7. Another batch gets capped up.. I really must refrain from licking the tools used.. Not that it isn't fun but you can really tie one on after several hours of it..

[​IMG]

Counting out it takes between 25 and 27 drops to fill a size zero cap.. I've made up several 5 drops per caps as starter doses for our latest co-op member to see if it will help control her epilepsy.. Being a total non smoker or much of a drinker I'm  a bit unsure how to ramp her up fast enough in the week or so I have before she heads home.. Having just come back from the whups I may have taken a bit to much I don't want to overwhelm her..

8. Maybe inactive caps?
    Thing is it take almost a month to be completely ready.   :confused_2:

9. Awesome thread title hahahaha
    I think i had made one but it just died out lol

10. I've got some just harvested material I could make into kief with dry ice and do caps with no decarb time.. Should be nearly pure THC-A at that stage.. Most of my Kief comes from year old cured bud from jars and I'm thinking that's got a healthy decarb already.. 

11. those caps look nice. Just made some my self yesterday. I enjoy making them almost as much as I enjoy making them. What form of hash do you use to make yours? Also how are the RHSS? You still running them in the solo cup #4 haven't seen you post there in quite bit

12. I'm making a batch soon myslef
    and ounce of flower to a cup and a half of coconut oil

have yall tried this quantity?

13. I've always made mine with an assortment of hash. Generally the low quality 10$ a gram kind mixed with some random BHO and random kief let me know how that works for you tho. What quality flowers?

14. High mids, borderline dank.

15. #3199 BrassNwood, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
      Working out the dosage is the more challenging part of making hash caps or an eatable.. As a chronic user I make as strong a base material as I can to start with then thin as needed.. 160 micron dry ice hash-kief 5 grams per tablespoon of coconut oil and a teaspoon of granulated lecithin.. Decarb hash then 3 or more heat and freeze cycles and cap the resulting sludge while warm stirring constantly to keep the material in suspension..

My wife on the other hand still does it the old school way with about an ounce of bud and just enough butter to cover it.. Heat for about 20 mins then strain out the bud.. She will then add more plain oil to that as needed to make the recipe.. While it works the brownies she makes that way still have a fairly strong green cannabis taste to them that some people don't like..

16. subbed
    subbed