Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. #3141 BadKittySmiles, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
    To update everyone we have had some security issues recently and yesterday this happened:

[​IMG]

If you can't see the photo, this is the email we received yesterday:
    " Subject : Kat is a target.
    Message : The feds do not like that she is making medical bioavailability details public, they are accepting rso due to low absorption keeping profits intact for pharma and restricting other info, life will be made hard and she may be given contaminated cannabis or food to silence, these acts may have occurred already. We felt you needed to be told." 

Just so everyone knows we're not letting it stop us or our plans, I also wanted to thank the GC member I got to hang out with a week or so back, and we hope we get to see you all in your home states soon. - Quinn 

This is a partial post from Kat's facebook page today in reference to the email.

"[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]If this is true I appreciate whatever risk you took to let us know, but I feel more like it's someone trying to attack our sense of fellowship in an effort to make us feel more isolated and alone, and more unsure of who we can turn to or trust in our community, which undermines any possibility for cooperation or progress. Which is why I'm not letting it bother or stop me.[/SIZE]
    Whatever the reason it was sent, whether it was sent through good or bad intentions, it means I'm doing my job and I'll take comfort in (and derive strength from) that. - Kat

2. I have been reading through all BKS recipes, and even tried the hash caps and the infused oil for cooking. I have a few questions that I am hoping this community can help out with.

1.) I am interested in making a glycerine tincture that is potent enough for sublingual use, but only have raw flower not concentrate to work with. Is it possible to follow BKS recipe for making "Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate", but add the glycerine to the reduced oil and then continue to heat on low for a few hours? Would it be more effect than trying to strain that large of a quantity of flowers out of the glycerine? Should I add the coconut oil and then add that mixture to the glycerine (lecithin will be used either way), or just act as if I am making a smokeable oil and then add the glycerine to that?

2.) I have seen the question asked and sort of answered... but- Can I add lecithin to an alcohol tincture? At what part of the process is it best to add it and at what quantity? Can I add it it to a tincture that has already been made and bottled?

Thanks to all who have made this the best thread I have ever found on the subject of medibles, especially Bad Kitty!!!

3. We wanted to drop back in and wish everyone a happy holiday season. To get everyone back in the spirit we wanted to share a few photos from the festivals and events and the current holiday season. Don't forget we're running a contest, and we'll be sending a handful of winners recipe cards signed by Kat, a CannaPharm magnets and a few packs of Bee Line hemp wick. A Grand Prize winner will be up for all those, plus something extra. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From Kat's facebook page:

Since things have been a little busy and we haven't mentioned the holiday contest again since the first week or so, we're giving a little reminder today and extending the deadline to join in from the 19th, to 12/24/2014, so hurry up! We'll contact the winners Christmas day!

Here are a few pics from Kat's event appearances last season, some 24K Edible Gold Bonbons & Truffles infused with medical grade Cannabis Oil, and a late night smoke sesh in the 30ft CannaPharm Velvet Lounge & Comfort Tent we travel with and keep climate controlled, for patients comfort and health at outdoor events.
    Our founder has been receiving death threats from the pharmaceutical industry for sharing lecithin enhanced cannabinoid bioavailability content, and helping patients heal themselves over the last several decades - Help us fight and push back, by growing and making your OWN medicine.

\n" When we work together to heal ourselves, and our communities, 'they' risk losing it all, because combined we all have everything to gain." - Kat Smiles

(To join in, click the "Current Contests" tab in the drop down menu for details on our holiday contest!)

www.BadKatsCannaPharm.com | www.MedicalGradeCannabisOil.com

Looking for a medical oil recipe, that will put you in the holiday spirit? Here are a few to get you started!

Holiday Hash Nog - (oil can be made with bud)

[​IMG]

Pumpkin Pie... a spiced pie that's great for any cold weather holiday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Wow👍

Chef.

5. #3145 Sundance6758, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
    I'm entered.....YAY!!!  Happy Holidays one & all.....

~Sundance~   funny-santa-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif christmas-tree-gifts.gif

EDIT::  I think Santa is high....what'cha think???  LOL :bongin:

6. Merry Christmas!!!! and thank you you have changed my life!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Tried the hash cap method over the weekend, my girlfriend had been saving up kief for over a year so we did a batch with 11 grams of kief and doubled the coconut oil/lecithin etc...The 8 hour freeze through us off as we didn't start early enough in the day so ended up taking a nap toward the end of the freeze and waking up and finishing...After we finished we had a thick black oil and made 6 capsules with it, and used the rest for a batch of 20 brownies..We tried them out yesterday and after we each ate one we were stoned for a good 3-4 hours which is pretty good for us considering we both smoke daily. Very successful, much better than any edibles I have purchased before.

8. #3148 Quantary, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2014
    Making your own cannabis capsules is affordable and easy. This method of THC and CBD delivery is extremely efficient, requires no recipes, has a long shelf life, and is inexpensive.

Start with taking your bud and decarboxylating it.  Once it's become dry enough to crumble easily, it's time to break it up.

This is where a high speed coffee grinder is key.  I have had good luck with some very inexpensive ($15-$20) Krups models.   The amount of bud to use in this case is 7 grams or 1/4 oz.  That amount should easily fit into any coffee grinder.    I find that dusting the insides of the grinder with flour or other powdery substance prevents resin from sticking to the blades and bowl.

Grind up the full amount, adding in the bud slowly, depending on bud density.  When finished, there should be nothing but a fine, grey-green dense canna flour.    1/4 oz of bud is reduced to just a few tablespoons of potent active ingredients for 30-60 coconut oil capsules.

Take about 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and melt it on med-low heat (about 210-220F) in a small saucepan.  Slowly add in the ground bud while stirring continuously.  If the mixture becomes too dry to stir, add more coconut oil.  Note the texture of the mixture after you've added all the bud.  Depending on the method you use to fill the capsules, you may want it more runny or solid.  

Unlike recipes, making canna caps only requires that you measure two things:  The weight of the bud, and the number of capsules that you end up with.   Dosing should be tailored to the individual, so I don't presume to know what would be good for you.   

I like to make around 40 capsules per 7 grams of bud, which comes out to .175 grams per dose. Not of THC, but of the bud itself.    With a little experimentation, you'll zone in on the correct amount for your biochemistry.  

9. You just mix ground decarbed weed with coconut oil and fill the caps?

10. #3150 Quantary, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
    That's is how simple it is.    Because the herb is ground to a fine powder, you really don't need to do any more than make sure that you add enough coco oil to act as a solvent for the medicinal plant resins.  If the mixture is too runny, you can always stir in a small amount of flour (not flower!) to it to firm it up.

And as long as you know the bud weight, you can calculate the mg of cannabis per serving.    Based on my years of research  :yummy: anywhere from 100 to 200 mg is an effective noticeable amount even for experienced users.   So for 1/10 of a gram you can get several hours of medium level medication.

Based on other posts about quantities needed, 10 doses per gram of  top shelf bud is VERY economical.   And I can attest to the strength of the capsules.  Taking as little as .3 - .4 grams of properly prepared top shelf bud mixed with coconut oil can produce powerful effects.   

Any edible experience will vary from the next one due to digestive conditions in your stomach and intestines.  Try go light on meat and dairy to enhance the effects.

11. You could make better use of your herb by following the recipe in the first post of this thread.  You owe it to yourself to try it out.  Making the cannabinoids more bio-available will allow your body to utilize them more efficiently, rather than just passing through your system.

12. I'm new to edibles. Never made any and I'm trying to get all my info together before harvest time. I've read a lot of this thread but have not got through it all yet. Does it matter what type of hash you use? I see BadKittySmiles always using it but I don't think I've seen her say what process she uses or if any particular one is preferred. I know nothing about hash so I don't know what the difference is other than the extraction process. And does the bud need to dry before making hash?

Thanks

Solo

Hi Solo, I like to use bubble/ice hash for edibles, because the only added ingredient is water. :)

14. Hi Solo we make these all the time. Dry ice hash is easy and efficient. It is best to make this when your bud is cured. Google or you tube it.

Happy Mediables

Silly Pharm
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1349323-Silly-Pharm

15. I just start with untrimmed bud.

16. #3159 Sundance6758, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015

I've followed Woody's dry ice hash he makes since he started doing it...I haven't tried it YET, and every harvest I do I plan on trying it, but alas....I seem to put all my stuff into my cannaoil....LOL   This harvest...this harvest...

~Sundance~   If you want Solo, go to Woody's thread & ask how he does it...he has pics there too!  Here is his thread addy...his ID is BrassNwood if you get lost  http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/1245053-american-dream-white-picket-fences-marijuana-so-cal-sun.html/page-95#entry21117043

EDIT::  Tell him I sent you....LOL

17. I have a question regarding the oven temperature. In all the tutorials it says preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Should I be testing my oven with an oven thermometer till it's ACTUALLY at 220? Or did she set that temp knowing that the actual temp is a bit lower??

I tested the temp using a candy thermometer, and first put a pyrex cup with coconut oil in it, I set it for 220 and waited a solid 10minutes after it stopped preheating and then tested the oil, it was barely at 180degrees.

So then I cranked it up to 290degrees and set the oil in there, after 10min I tested it and it was now around 220. So does that mean I should be preheating my oven to 290degrees instead of 220?

Please help, there was no mention of this in the recipe!