Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Temp taken from the oil is at 195 degrees Fahrenheit

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. BKS recommends 220F.  Do you have an oven?

3. Damn the thing is that it's already mixed with the oil. It will eventually be making it's way into the oven with a 300 degree cooking point. Will that have the same results? In a sense, completing the procedure backwards?

4. Same results? I doubt it.  I have read that some decarbing happens while processing after mixed with oil but not sure how much.

I think you will get something out of it.  Not sure how much you'll feel the effects physically though.  

What is your goal in making the oil? 
    Why cannola?

5. Damn it makes that much of a difference? So it's essentially wasted? I was going to use it to cook items that require oil... Eggs, chicken, dipping bread. Things of that nature.

6. #3086 Tree dogg, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
    Not wasted.  I would surely still use it!!

Decarbing does make a big difference IMO

7. Also, wait, let's say I turn up the temp to medium on the crock pot and minister the heat to make sure it doesn't go over 220. Could that achieve the desired result? Or does it have to be baked by itself?

8. I'm not sure what would happen.  I doubt it would hurt.  To decarb the herb properly it needs to happen before mixing with oil.  

there is a ton of great info in this thread, even the first post is loaded.  Read, read, read… and take notes!

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-medical-grade-oil-cannabis-capsules-uv-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html?p=9431861

Here is a link to BKS's website.  It has youtube videos and links back here to GC

http://badkatscannapharm.com

9. Thank you for your help. It's greatly appreciated.

10. Try running it slow and low for 12-24 hrs titrate, along the way. If you need more cook it longer. It does very slowly decarb. Cook low and slow in 2 hr increments try a teaspoon. See how it is if it needs more cook it longer. This is the only save I know of when you don't decarb.

Like tree said read this thread! You will be glad you did. Good luck and Happy Mediables.

11. Thank you!

12. Ok, so the end of my edibles batch I just finished making over the weekend. Only cooked it twice at 220 degrees in the MB2 for an hour each time with a full freeze in between. After straining, solidifying, cutting into 6 portions per bag, we tried it out like last time. Trying out 1 full bag, 6 cubes (and another person half my size tried 3 cubes), didn't feel much for the first 2 hours. Then it hit me but very slowly and it crept up on me. Waves of hazy vision, couch-locked episodes but mostly was able to focus and concentrate on my day as usual. It was weird because I knew I was high (had that feeling), but I wasn't unconscious like I usually am with edibles. I even vaped VERY little to stay at that same level after 8 hours. I will say though, when I woke up this morning, I definitely had another cannabis edibles hangover (I never have weed hangovers when smoking or vaping)

Do you all think that I didn't cook it in enough cycles so that it gives more of a couch-locked feeling or do you all think it could've been just this particular strain of cannabis?

13. More heating makes more of a sedated feeling, not less time.  

14. #3094 Greenalot, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
    I know... that's what I'm saying. Should I have put it back in for a 3rd cycle of cooking/heating or should 2 times be more than enough to extract all the THC into the coconut oil?

I'm thinking it was probably just the strain & it's effects, rather than the number of times I ran it through the heating/cooking cycle...

Thx

15. I agree....not sure with which one I agree with, but yes...I agree....LOL

~Sundance~   Damn Green, you sure are full of questions....are you OCD???  LMAO!

16. Haha... yes, not sure to which one, but yes, lol... I actually do have OCD :/

17. You should read into cannabinoids.  There are over 80.  THC is only one of them.   
    I think the sedated feeling your referring to is the THC degrading into CBN.  Check out the chart in this post
    http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-medical-grade-oil-cannabis-capsules-uv-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html?p=13274660

Check out this info on CBN too
    http://www.medicaljane.com/2013/08/19/cannabinol-cbn-will-put-you-to-bed/#

18. #3098 Greenalot, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
    Thanks... it's strange because I'm not that sleepy with this batch and it comes on so much differently than the previous batch from 2 weeks ago. Only difference was I ran it through 1 less heating cycle this time around (2 instead of 3, plus 1 freeze in between for both). I actually had a better, more efficient decarboxilation as well on this second batch.

I've noticed that this is much more subtle and creeps up on you but doesn't knock anyone out. It also seems to "activate" again hours later, with a puff or two of the same cannabis. The weirdest thing seems to be that the wave becomes extremely intense 10-15 hours later! When I woke up I was shaky & dizzy, both days following giving myself a trial test (of my full dose of 6 cubes of cannaoil, about 70-100mg) on these new edibles.

Does all of this make sense? I know a lot has to do with the cooking process, but what about the sttain of marijuana? Does it sound right that after taking a hefty dose, 10-15 hours later I'm feeling the intensity & the rush of the cannabinoids.

Thanks again everyone!

19. Green,
    I just started making canna oil a month ago. I've made like 5 batches and EACH has been very different. Some stronger, some MUCH weaker. I have started to document ever step, every time frame & my process as well. It's a super frustrating process when the results aren't identical. It's fun as hell but I get mad when the results differ.

Shoe boss

20. Thanks for the insight Shoes! I've only finished with my second batch and like you, so far, both were different also.

Did you use the Magical Buttrr machine? Just curious because I did and it seems to work fantastic (makes everything easier & for a more consistent cook/time frame/heat. That's what I've used for my 2 batches. I've also tried it by normal ways, tinctures, AVB, cold extraction, etc and I could never get a good, consistent enough batch of cannaoil.

With my MB2, the cooks have been great, but since the strains of cannabis are different, the final effects are different.

At first, I thought that this latest batch was a little weaker for my tastes... but after some of my patients gave it a try, most like it better and get a bifger high! Weird, because for me it's the opposite, although I feel this new batch MUCH more the following day.

Does all this make sense and seems to be what happens with most edibles?