Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. LOL... I'm only juggling 3 and obviously not as experienced on here as most, lol

2. Green

Decarb 20-30 @ 220

Cook @ 220 45-60
    Freeze until the center is completly frozen.
    Defrost
    Cook @ 220 45-60

More processing will make a more sleepy product as the THC breaks down into CBD, CBG.

I'm wanting to make a sleepy time product for friends and family:

What do you think the total cook time should be?  I thought I read 3-4 hours but can't seem to find where I read that.

Also, I'm planning on using oil so can I skip the freeze cycle?

Thanks.

4. #3064 Greenalot, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
    Thanks again :) so to finalize my questions and answers, here's where I'm at, lol... please bear with me:

- So decarboxilate in the similar time frame (20-30 mins), even though there's double the amount of grinded up bud as last time? Last time I had 14g, instead of the soon-to-be 28g, in the there for 30 minutes at 220 degrees.

- Since my current cannabis strain of buds produce much more of a body high, should I process only 2 times instead of 3?

- Will 2, 1-hour cooking cycles/processing be enough to extract all of the THC from 1 full ounce of herbs into 4 cups of coconut oil?

I usually run it in my MB2 on the 220 degree, 1-hour setting TWO times, then full freeze to center, then thaw, and then one more run in my MB2 at the same 220 degree, 1-hour setting before straining. Since this bud is a sleepier, body high, I was planning on doing it only 1 time, then freezing, then 1 more time (so basically I'd be cutting out the second, 1-hour cook).
    - Does the fact that I'll have double the oil & bud (4 cups instead of 2; 28 grams instead of 14) from last time, mean that it will need more time to cook so the THC can be fully extracted into the oil?

Gracias! :)

5. up to 5 hours total heat time.    Freeze after each 45-60 min.  It helps break up clumps.  

6. The times don't change based on amount.  Decarb and heating times are the same.  
    I don't worry about what kind of buzz I get from inhaling.  When eating cannabis the body processes the cannabinoids differently and therefore has a different effect.  

7. Awesome info... thanks Tree Dogg & mrsilly! If you all or anyone else has anything more to add or update on my questions, please post :) thanks again!

8. Green
    Same as before, if the mmj is fresh thne decarb the full 30 min. If it is older and dryer 20 min.

We are happy with
    Decarb
    Cook
    Freeze
    Defrost
    Cook strain and use. If you want a more sleepy effect continue with more freezes and cooks. We have always stopped at the above point and still can get quite a sleepy product. As you read BKS's thread I highly recommend you do. You will read about others who have done multiple freezes and cooks. We think if the bud has been left to ripen more will create a different ediable high as well. That said each batch will be different. Over processing of ripe material can lead to total degradation of your end product. Please be aware of this. As a grower I consistently harvest and cure our product in a similar fashion. This way we get consistent results. If the product is less ripe or more ripe this will effect your end product. When we use our older product we decarb it gently as we do with the kief.

9. #3069 Greenalot, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
    These buds are definitely a little newer or fresher... not even close to as dry as my last batch that I cooked with. So I'll decarb for the full 30 minutes. I'll also go with the basic 2, 220 degree cycles in my MB2 with a full freeze, then fully thawed, in between cooks.

With my current batch of buds being less dry (more ripe I guess), how can I tweek it so that I get the most potency and extract the most THC as possible?

Thank you!

10. There is only a slight increase in the difference in 1/2 decarb -1 hr decarb. Because we will process for another 3 hrs there would be further decarb that takes place. We would rather stop before we start to degrade the THC and terpenes and remember it will be cooked again if it will be baked as an edible. We error on the side of caution.

11. #3071 Greenalot, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
    Actually, it will cooked twice, frozen in between cooks, but not baked into food. I am just producing the Cannaoil cubes, so will a 30 minute decarb with 2 cooking cycles at 220 degrees (1-hour each cycle) and a freeze in between the cooks be ok for my plans?

Thanks again

12. Most of my patients put the cannaoil cubes into hot chocolate or coffee, so no baking into food is necessary.

13. Yes

14. #3074 Greenalot, Nov 22, 2014
    Ok, I'm in the middle of my freeze right now. Everything is going right except for my MB2 machine. The handle cracked but at least the actual machine works fine. After this big 4 cup batch being done now, I'm immediately sending this MB2 back for an exchange & a new one (1-year warranty when you buy directly from their company). Again though, for tonight's purposes, it's still able to do it's job..

So I decarboxilated the 28 grams of coffee grinded Ghost OG bud for 30 minutes at 220 degrees in the oven. Then I let it cool with the herb still in the tightly covered double layered aluminum foil Pyrex glass pan with the oven cracked for about 20 minutes.

Next, I took it out, uncovered it (nice brown color), and poured all of it into the 4 cups of coconut oil (3.5 cups refined & .5 cups unrefined) that was already poured into my MB2. I put 1 tablespoon of soy lecithin and ran the MB2 ar 220 degrees for 1 hour. After the cycle finished, I let it sit for 15 minutes & then poured it all into the glass Pyrex dish. After letting it cool down some more in the fridge for 10 minutes, I placed it into the freezer until it's frozen to the center/core. After 2 hours, it's about halfway there.

Took a little lick of the oil and 30 minutes later I was feeling light headed and high. I had been vaping earlier tonight but that was over 2 hours ago. Even though when smoking or vaping this strain of cannabis doesn't rock your world, but if that lick are signs of things to come from this cook, then I've got 4 cups of powerful cannaoil! :) Anyways, let me not count my chickens before they hatch, lol.

Here's what it looks like so far:

Attached Files:

15. After 6+ hours I took it out of the freezer since it was frozen to the center for a while already. I set up a warm bath to expedite the process, like if I had it in a warm room (no heating, just warth). I'm still planning on running it one more time in my MB2 machine after it thaws out, back into liquid form. Then after that second and final cycle, I'll let it cool & then strain it.

Should I give a try to the way it is now (after just a 1-hour cooking cycle & 1 freeze), dosing myself to test the strength and effect (head, body high, or both)?

16. #3076 mrsilly, Nov 22, 2014
    Why not! ;-)

17. It's my first time making cannabis cooking oil and I'm worried it may be too strong. I've combined 2.5oz of sour diesel and 1.5oz OG orgasmic Cush. For both combined it's 4oz of mostly trimmings with a few nugs. I currently have the 4oz with 4 cups canola oil in the crock pot on low. Is that ratio correct? Is it going to be crazy strong, weak, or just right? Any help would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. You can add oil if its too strong.  

Did you decarb the herb first?

What temp is low on your crockpot?

19. I have a feeling that I didn't because I'm not entirely sure what that is. I ground it all up into a fine powder in a coffee grinder then put 4 cups oil on top of it then let it start cooking on low. Please hold for the temp..,

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. This explains it well
    http://youtu.be/SEa9a1riXl8

Basically heating the herb at 220F for 20 min or so covered in the oven will do the trick.