Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BadKittySmiles, Jan 31, 2011.

1. I can't find the lecithin anywhere. I've been running around for a while now looking.

How long do you let the coconut oil bind to the bho?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Vitamin shoppe, GNC they all have lecithin. Or amazon.

You just stir the 2 until you an visually see no globs of hash left. It helps to winterize the oil first because the waxes wont mix with the coconut oil, they just suspend. Which isn't a big deal really, its more a visual thing.

3. I can't find the lecithin anywhere. I've been running around for a while now looking.

How long do you let the coconut oil bind to the bho?

4. Amazon they got everything you need

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Im still waiting for the Herbal Iced Coffee Recipe, anyone know how to make it?
    I would love to take some to 420 this year =D

6. #2706 UniqueGrass, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    Can I have lecthin's benefits on edible potency if I add it after the oil is done? The weed and oil are still together, no straining yet. If I have to cook to get the same increase in potency, how long and at what temp?

7. I have another couple questions for BadKat and her helpers/associates, when they next have the time to check this thread: 
    We've heard here about the best oils to use as edible carriers - coconut, palm kernel oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil, & ghee/clarified butter - as well as other edible solvents such as citric acid, glycerin, and food-grade alcohol.
    A vinegar infusion has been mentioned as used for sushi making, but not expanded upon - is it more of a novelty thing, & not very effective compared to the other methods?
    Also, what do you think about using heavy cream as a carrier? Do you use it in recipes that have cream as the only fat, or would you substitute some of your preferred infused oil for the cream? I would imagine that it would suffer some of the downfalls that standard non-clarified butter has compared to ghee?

Again, I appreciate any response!  :)

8. #2708 lessthanjeezy, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    Using this method right now to make my first ever true batch of cannaoil, just removed from the first 45 minutes and mashed with a potato masher and is currently in the oven for another 45 minutes...after it freezes and I get it back to oil form going to make a batch of 420 easter brownies :) thanks for the recipe can't wait to see how it turns out!

Edit: Finished making the brownies last night around 9, 9:30 but figured it would be a bit of a waste if I tried one last night so waiting until after work today to enjoy a brownie...although after straining the bud out of the oil my hands were pretty covered in the dank canna oil, so I licked up all of that and had a solid buzz about 30 minutes later so definitely a good sign!

9. Congrats on the recognition BKS !

Hope all is well.

Peace

How about just storing the oil in a jar and filling up the caps when you are about to take them? It is only the taste you are trying to avoid and your dosing won't change.

As long as you decarb, bioavailability will be determined by the method you use after stripping the cannabinoids from the material.

I have used coconut oil as both solvent and delivery agent and also used alcohol as the solvent and the oil as the delivery agent - no difference to the end product so long as you "process" the oil as per the tutorial.

It's never too late to add soy lecithin to the oil. Earlier is better of course, but better late than not at all.

If you can't add lecithin for any reason the next best thing is to put the oil through several additional freeze/thaw cycles. This will break the cannabinoids down into ever smaller pieces which allows the medium-chain-triglycerides in the coconut oil to "absorb/coat" them more effectively.

I always use soy lecithin but I also put my oils through additional freeze/thaw cycles....you simply can't overdo them and they make an appreciable difference :)

13. I made my caps out of oil, I decarbed my oil at 250 first then I added coconut oil and let cook in a hot oil bath at 220-240 for an hour. I put the oil in caps after then I froze them. I didn't have any lecithin available so I tryed without.

I've been storing them in the freezer. I only did the one freeze though.

I've felt much of an effect off edibles and it was the same with these. I've eaten meals before, I've upped my dosage, still no effect.

I have about 20 or so caps left. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do. Should I melt it down and add lecithin?

14. I have to disagree. Oil will not extract as well as alcohol. Solvent transfer has given me the best results by a lot as far as potency and overall effect

It's not a lack of soy lecithin, nor, I strongly suspect, is it the freeze or lack thereof that is mainly at fault.

It is crucial, absolutely vital, that you follow BK's method precisely.

As I see it you have a couple of worries...

Problem 1

You say you decarbed at 250F. There's a kill right there. Then you went to 240F at times during manufacture. It's getting deadly around here... Never exceed 230F. The optimum is 220F in a range of 180/200F-230F.

Problem 2

You have only processed for 60 minutes.

To achieve satisfactory bio-availability, the absolute minimum required at 220F in an oil high in medium-chain-triglyceride content is, if I recall correctly, 90 minutes. 120  minutes to be sure. From this point bioavailability is as good as you'll get it by applying heat to the oil. You process beyond this point to degrade THC into CBN for a more narcotic effect.

When you have the method down you can customize your processing times. I usually process for 60-90 minute periods rather than 40/45 minutes these days because I find my oven can run close to exact temps for longer stretches of time. When I run for the shorter periods my oven is only at peak-temp for maybe 25% of the time as opposed to 75% during longer runs.

I'm still only processing for the same total of time. As for the timing of freeze/thaw cycles - these can be incorporated at any point or points during manufacture and, anyway, I always add several cycles into the mix.

Don't give up yet, just go to the tutorial and follow it as best you can :)

16. #2716 Afghancamel, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014

According to BK in one of her posts I recall, all cannabinoids will be stripped by the oil in just minutes under heat. There is no reason why you can't strain the herb from the oil following the initial heat cycle.

Where alcohol out-performs coconut oil as a solvent is the improved recovery rate...you leave considerably less of the solvent behind in the dregs. I agree with you that it is preferable to use alcohol, but not because coconut oil won't absorb at least as much as alcohol does.

In fact, with alcohol only good for 95% on a quick wash I'd go as far as saying oil is a superior solvent - it's just very difficult (for me, certainly) to pull more than 80% of my starting oil from the herb and then add in losses from what I spill etc during (again for me) a messy process.

I probably pull close to 85% of my starting volume of alcohol all-up, so I'd have a 15-20% improved efficiency.

Still, I stand to be corrected :)

17. You dont quick wash when doing an extraction for edibles. Alcohol strips the compounds, where as fat absorbs them. After my alcohol wash the bud is done for. After an ool bath in the oven according to BKS recepie, the bud still has some left.

You are also a little mistaken about the advice for the caps. Lecithin is whats most likely missing, it personally cut the dose i take in half. His decarb temps are ok, he mixed BHO into coconut oil. Heat has nothing to do with bioavailability

18. #2718 rapo9510, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
  19. #2719 Halfbakedjake, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
    Why does 250 start destroying things when thc doesn't boil until 314?

Also I was confused because bk doesn't say the best way to decarb the oil before you add the coconut oil. So I did a hot oil bath with my glass cub covered. I watched the co2 bubble off.
    I'm not sure how to do make the caps when you start with a premade hash oil. Any help? I thought I did it right. Can I save the caps I have?

20. I just decarb my bud throw it in mix with the coconut oil 1 zip to 1 cup of oil in the crock pot for a few hours (at least 2) then fill the capz..haha easy peasy..