Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it possible to get Original Strains?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Daft Funk, Jan 31, 2011.

1. I know there is probably a thread on this already but i just have to ask again. Is there any way out there to get the real original strains of marijuana back? Like Panama Red, Thai Stick, Purple Haze, etc? Or are they gone for good?

And if not, what are some strains today that have the same characteristics of being pure sativa?

2. go to where they were first found.

AND BRING THEM BACK TO LIFE!

do it man, do it.
    :smoke::wave:

3. The only way is to go to the origin. Because you can never be sure if its the original once its passed through so many hands.

4. I feel like there should be a way to genetically engineer them, but its not that easy. maybe a really smart grower could cross pollinate and make some magic happen. But as i see it, just enjoy the new strains.

5. I'm sure the genetic are still alive somewhere, being kept in some breeder's collection. It's almost impossible to find them though.

6. Ive thought about this same question before but I doubt that we could ever see the originals again. Genetics and biology are complicated areas. But I do think that if there was like a top notch project for this like with scientist and stuff, it could be done to a point. Or atleast really close to some of the earlier strains. will we ever know?