Anyone serious about starting a commune and living off the grid?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Marijuatheist, Jan 30, 2011.

1. It's a great ida, I've always wanted to do something like this whith a group of like minded people. But as a few have said, it's not as eat as "buy solar panels, grow potatoeas and live in a shack" it takes slot of planing and willpower to be able to do it.

Saying that though, I would be up for this, I can fish aha

2. Check it out. Freestateproject.com.

3. Yall are going to go out there and be a week and all look at each other saying, "wtf were we thinking....where is the closest tommy burger?"

4. anyone still thinking of doing this?

5. My husband and I are starting a village in the woods of Missouri, plan is to build sod or cob homes, garden, hunt, fish, etc. We could use more people who are like-minded. We are open-minded, but no hard drugs, children are welcome, I am a teacher and willing to home school, my husband is a survival plethora of info, military background and a carpenter. We have lots of books and resources, just need people. We are starting with 10 acres in the woods, with lots of wildlife and 45 miles away from a town large enough to have a walmart. Email us if you are SERIOUSLY interested. If you are not willing to work and contribute to a Family atmosphere, don't bother.

6. Damn. I am thinking about living off the grid for YEARS now. I have been planning it for years. I'm 24 years old. Survival is what I was born for.

I can't stand this society, too much irrelevant information, people concerning themselves for nothing...
    I gotta get a job otherwise I'm unappealing do my little dance for the man and consume... it sucks so much.
    I want to contribute to the evolution, not work 9-5 goddammit.

I thought about every aspect of it, I thought about EVERYTHING. And what I realized is that 99% (and that 1% doesn't even make one person) of the people I know are LOVING this city lifestyle, 9-5, miserable paychecks and watching TV after work.

I feel like I'm going out of my mind, this lifestyle is killing me.
    If anyone is serious about this kind of lifestyle change, contact me, this is what I've been waiting for.

7. I feel that, we are very serious about this, I'm not sure where you are, but next weekend we are meeting in the Dallas area, if you're local you're more than welcome to come. Just let me know so I can get you the info.
    Tabitha

8. if everyone who said they're in actually joins you guys could start a stoner community in the middle of the wilderness lol.

I would love to do this, but I'm only 19 and still have much to see before I dedicate myself to living off the grid.

I'd love to come visit though :smoke:

9. Bump!!!!!!!!

10. [quote name='"Wolves"']if everyone who said they're in actually joins you guys could start a stoner community in the middle of the wilderness lol.

I would love to do this, but I'm only 19 and still have much to see before I dedicate myself to living off the grid.

I'd love to come visit though :smoke:[/quote]

This is exactly how I feel.

I'm down as fuck.. But I still have to much to see before settling down.

11. hey guys,

im currently living in wisconsin and plan on vandwelling this year. id like to travel in the southern and western states.

so depending on where you guys are at and where i plan on going at the time, i wouldnt mind visiting for awhile.

i subscribed to this thread.

keep us updated!!

12. [quote name='"Rotten_Apple"']hey guys,

im currently living in wisconsin and plan on vandwelling this year. id like to travel in the southern and western states.

so depending on where you guys are at and where i plan on going at the time, i wouldnt mind visiting for awhile.

i subscribed to this thread.

keep us updated!![/quote]

Let me know if you come through the lower smokies! I'd like to chill.

13. for sure dude! i plan on making a blog or just keeping the city updated while im traveling. i plan on meeting blades throughout the states!

14. [quote name='"Rotten_Apple"']

for sure dude! i plan on making a blog or just keeping the city updated while im traveling. i plan on meeting blades throughout the states![/quote]

You do that and you'll be high the whole trip, haha.

15. man, that would be a hell of a commitment. me personally i'd have to see like a written plan of all the necessary jobs people are going to have to do. what is going to have to be done every day etc. if it is a well organized plan i think i would be in. but i sure do love watching my soccer and basketball though lol. how many hours of work would each person have to do per day? per week? how much free time would there be? how would free time be spent? etc. you can purchase stationary bikes (or make them, for people who are skilled with that) which generate electricity. (i think the occupy movement was doing that) how are taxes going to be paid? or are we going to live in secrecy, if so, what happens if/when we're found out?

i don't know what skills i would be able to bring to the table, but i am confident in my ability to learn anything, follow instructions and provide a big strong body.

more questions.

what happens when somebody breaks a bone or gets seriously ill? what would be done to promote a healthy diet and general well-being? there are a lot of things i would need to see planned out before committing to something like this. the thought of doing this intrigues the hell out of me though as i am generally unhappy in this society

16. Okay so, I come upon this thread today in hopes someone will actually have somewhat of a real plan, as stated by the dude above me.
    And of course, I find really nothing...what a shockerrrrr. Anywho, I think that a commune that has a universal goal and philosophy of life that all strongly agrees with can thrive, and actually contribute to the evolution of man...which is the evolution of the mind.
    Aside from being self sufficient which is just as much a part of my fucking dream life, my main focus is trying to wake people up and give the powaa back to ze people. This is not a new idea.
    But it's something that could spark a new world. A new part of humanity we have yet to unlock.
    Everyone is all "hey yeah contact me man" and hasn't logged in for years.

Don't waste my time if you're just wanting to sit behind a computer screen with no actual juevos to follow through.
    I'm ready for action. I have been writing down every little idea and thought that even remotely inspires me, for years.
    I will be posting a new thread as well in hopes for more responses.

Here's my email - openeyesopenhearttt@gmail.com

Maybe they haven't logged in for years because they did contact each other and they're now living out there, in the world, man. You didn't consider that, did you?

If you're going to start a commune, you're going to need some optimism.

18. I am going to be going to school to learn how to live off of the land, but depending on where my lifes at after that i would be seriously down to join. It wouldnt be right now, but would you guys be opposed to late joiners?

19. Yea, maybe they did do it. When are you posting a thread?

I think we all have that special whore somewhere in our lives.

20. Not sure about the whore comment...but hopefully they did do it. I already posted one.