A $1,000 Project. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by CrippleKid, Jan 29, 2011.

1. yeah not to mention its nice to have a couple diffrent choices in smoke. say day time and nite time,or w/e else you would like to use them for.i like having a few diff strains cause sometimes im in a indica mood and other sativa.all of myn are hybrids but you knwo what i meen.when i got my knee opperated on i liked smokin the indicas more just to help me relax more so and not stress the situation.i think sativas are starting to be more of my overall favorite though.
    goodluck man :smoke:

2. Just a quick suggestion
    If you get one of the nicer tents or and htgsupply tent
    A thell walls unzip now the one super would be all the way at the top but if you tie a string to it you would be able to unzip all your walls from your wheel chair and access your whole garden

Diy ebb and flow would be great very automated just change res once a week use a smaller water pump to pump out the extra for you

Ps you said they will let you use the light room?
    Just keep afew bonsai moms out there in that room they would love the natural light

3. I like the all-in-one grows personally cause they include EVERYTHING, but the price.... is a no-go. Is there a Hydroponics store around you? They usually have "used" deals ... or just deals in general with equipment. I know you said you can't lift anything heavy or move around much, which totally sucks dude and I so wish I could build the system for you (I LOOOOOOVE building - it's a passion).

Before buying anything, do research, look around at deals, hell even ebay. Google is your friend :), but if you can stay away from all-in-one.. only cause price. They are very good for putting everything together obviously, but killer in price.

4. It's been awhile since I've updated this thread. That's exactly what I'm doing now. I still haven't found a setup that will suit me considering my condition. I am 110% sure my first grow will be Lowryder or Lowryder #2. They are said to only grow 15-17 inches in height which is perfect for a small soil setup.

I have found something that might be perfect for them. Here is the setup I've been looking at --> Click Here. I would love your opinions on the boxes they sell on that website. Keep in mind that for now I only want to grow Lowryder or Lowryder #2.

I hope this thread isn't dead. I still need your help!

5. Sorry dude those things look like a giant rip off. 240 for basically a cfl lite and computer housing...or even worse 1100 for a 400hps set up. No thanks. Save your cash

6. Thanks for your opinion bro. If not any of those do you have a recommendation? I've been searching far and wide for the best setup for me. All opinions are welcomed here. I'd even be willing to buy a setup off one of you guys or girls. Keep your opinions rolling in. :D

:gc_rocks:

7. You could buy a sunblaze 2 ft 2bulb for under a hundred 7 bucks for a bag of ffof and a 2 dollar smart pot and a couple feet of panda film for 5 bucks and be straight. Half price and u have a way better set up. Is stealth your main concern?

8. Stealth is my main concern here where I'm living, because I don't have any extra space. I may be moving to a much larger house soon out in the country and if I do I can basically grow in the house or outside. Like I said Lowryder and Lowryder #2 is basically all I'm going to be able to grow here in this house.

I was looking at this guys setup and was thinking it would be perfect. Click Here to see his setup. He has enough room for his mother plant and for four one gallon pot grows. I'm fixin to send him a private message and see if he can build me a replica of his for the right price since I'm physically unable to build my own.

I would much appreciate it if you guys and girls viewed his setup to see if it would fit my needs. Keep the help a coming! :D

9. #29 Picks, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The guys a nice craftsman no doubt but u could really get the same results with just a frame... Do u have a hammer? U could prob run over to home depot and pick up some 2x4 cut to say 2 ft for about four bucks and just staple some panda film around it as walls.

10. I have the money it's just the physical strength I'm missing to be able to build a box. I want something that will last and be able to have a mother plant plus at least 2-4 one gallon pots in there like his.

I'm not trying to grow pounds just enough for me. I don't want to get cheated money wise either just because I can't physically build it myself either. You know what I'm saying?

11. I could build a damn 8x8x8 grow room for a 1000... your possibilities are endless for this first grow.

12. Well, since the room has lots of windows he could always just put heat blocking film on the windows and use an a/c and/or heater if needed..?:)

13. UPDATE: I have found a carpenter to build me a custom grow box! The best part about it is he'll do it for free.

He does need the exact plans on the box I'm going to need though. He builds houses for a living.

This is where you guys and girls come in. I need some links to custom built grow boxes and their plans on how to build them. I'm thinking something like 2w x 2d x 4.5h. I want a small veg area and a flowering area.

Please keep helping me out.

I'll start a grow journal as soon as I get a box ready to grow some cannabis.

14. Have him build it to be 2' w x 2' d x 4.5't. Then ask for a center divider. Buy a very small carbon filter for your flowering area. Put in some 42w cfls for each room. Should be able to get you a start for a small grow. On your mother area, you may want to divid that to 2' tall and the top 2.5' tall. Use the bottoms for actual clones and the top for you mom, maybe 2 moms. Spray paint the inside white, you can get 4" fans at Wally world for the air venting and what not. If you had a larger space you could go crazy but for yourself you should be okay.

15. What kind of holes should I tell him to cut in the box and how many?

16. Not so... you can grow any strain. Flowering early or by trainning, any plant can be grown as small as lowryders.

If I couldn't lift anything, I think I'd go with a DWC system and use pumps to move the water around. DWC is very forgiving and high yielding.

-Loki

17. might wanna take loki's advice... he's the only guy i've ever seen grow inside of a pop can... super duper ultra mega, mega tiny.... and dank... so you might wanna take his advice

18. It depends on what you're using for lighting. If you're only going to use fluorescents, you won't need any bigger than a 4" exhaust. I would use a 6" exhaust if you're going to use HID lighting. You'll want your exhaust near the top preferably facing away from your intake.

For your intake, a 4" hole will do fine. You won't even need an intake fan, just make sure the hole is lightproof. This should be near the bottom so you take in cool air.

19. This is the first time I've ever heard of a DWC system. I'll have to look into that. Excuse me for sounding a little dumb here but what does DWC stand for? I did not know I could grow any strain as small as Lowryders either.

I'm needing something like a micro grow I think. I'm wanting something super duper tiny like Tihspeed was saying. Is there anymore advice you can give me Loki?

By the way thanks Akhans for the information on the holes ECT. :)

20. DWC stands for Deep Water Culture... basically, it's just a bucket of water/nutes with an airstone to keep your DO (dissolved oxygen) levels up... Your plant's roots just hang in the water...

Search for DWC or bubble buckets.. you'll find tons of info.

-Loki