Guild Wars 2 ~ The Official Thread

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by tflga, Jan 29, 2011.

1. So far I like this game... I have just started on my own doing a couple quests... If i buy the full version will anybody be down to join me ?

2. As far as i'm aware not many GC people playing really, I still play but only really play weird hours when my kids napping and a little at night.

My advice starting out is get yourself a decent guild asap, if your on Crystal desert I can recommend some good guilds or get you an invite to mine (Which is a good guild) I would recommend rolling up on another server though, crystal deserts a terrible wvw server and its very disappointing, my main focus in the game is wvw and to be on a server that sucks at it blows. If ever free server switch is re enabled I'm out of there. 

Go Sea of Sorrows, DragonsBrand, Tarnished Coast, Maguuma, or you could always join one of the top rated servers.

You can see server rankings here http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups

and also check out the score board to get an idea of which servers you most likely don't want to be on :)

3. How much end game content is in this game? was playing it for a bit with my buddies, but they all stopped because of a supposed lack of end game content. Idk though. May be willing to get back into it. I'm on crystal desert :D but I don't have any ridiculously high characters

4. I still WvW on Crystal Desert and I have played with a lot of skilled players.  The problem is not a lot of people are dedicated enough to play with a guild and work together with other guilds.

I still have fun as hell taking on 3 people from another server at once, I am sure they are getting pissed and from that, my friends, I gain enjoyment.

I only WvW once a month or so, guild wars 2 is nice in that you don't have to pay month-to-month so you can hop in for some fun whenever..  :devious:

We have lots of great skilled players and a few really good commanders, our servers problem unfortunately stems from the lack of weekday support, we come out swinging hard for the weekends but we just sputter out over the weekdays. Generally if we are winning come Sunday night we will get more support through the weekday but Sunday rolls around and we are loosing people just figure thats that and don't support as much during the weekday.

This match up against SoS and SBI has been a nice, its not unrealistic for us to beat SoS, SBI we should be beating a little more than we are they are bringing their A game this week and its made for some fun clashes.  Good break from getting matched up against servers like TC and DB or FA.

6. Gonna start playing this in another week or 2! :D

7. Haven't had a chance to play lately. Just moved to Washington state and haven't gotten settled in yet. As soon as we get settled and get an internet connection, I'll get on and play again.
    Think my Charr Thief is only 27-28... when I get back on, if I can get a group of GC players around my level to do events with, I'll be more active.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I love this game so much. The design is so slick, it gives you that MMO fix without any sub fee. Also, the art direction is fantastic. Some of the landscapes are jawdroppingly beautiful. 

9. I love this game, but I suck at W vs. W vs. W. I don't really play much anymore though. It was boring doing everything by myself.

i'll play with ya. i haven't played in forever but its pretty fun when you have a group together. what's your info?

11. Anyone still playing this game? I just picked it up two weeks ago and really like it so far. I'm a lvl 46 engineer. 

12. man i love this game so much it is one of the best mmos i have ever played

13. Just started up on this game again with my best friend. We're currently leveling a charr guard and warrior. so far we've been plowing through the quests together. Still love the game. Just fell out of games in the past several moths due to IRL. 

glad to be back! 

Anyone still play? 

14. Was thinking about starting is it a good game?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

It's fun if you like MMO's
    Since it's buy once and play, be prepared for not as many fun stuff for the community. It is fun though, I really enjoyed it for a while.

17. I loved this game to death. I have a lvl 23 Sylvari Mesmer and Human Thief. A lvl 20 Asura Engineer and Norn Ranger. As well as a lvl 5 Charr Necromancer I just started playing. It's addictive as hell when you're stoned.

18. Just booted up GW2 for the first time in months; too busy to play seriously, but still fun as hell to get stoned & just play casually

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. So I just got the game today, I don't know if many people are still playing it but I really enjoy it so far, if you wanna game online my name is Jonas Le Vagabond. I rolled a rogue, level 8 atm.

Cya!