Guild Wars 2 ~ The Official Thread

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by tflga, Jan 29, 2011.

1. #1 tflga, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
    I did do a thread search on this, the only one made so far was last October of 2010, and only had a few replies with one link.

If you have yet to try the guild wars series.. I ADVISE you to do so. It is one of the best games I've ever played.. ( http://www.guildwars.com/freetrial/ ) (http://www.guildwars2.com/en/)

I have played WoW since 2006, avid pvp & pve player.. I have no problem with quitting WoW to go to Guild Wars 2, hands down.

Arenanet has delivered the best gameplay I've experienced with an MMO.. The Best environment, best quests, creatures, and PvP experience..

BEST OF ALL - ITS FREE TO PLAY.

LINKS BELOW CONTAIN GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE WITH VOICE OVER & INTERVIEWS WITH THE COMPANY

Guild Wars 2 Video Game, PAX 10: Charr Walkthrough (Cam) | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com
    Looks fun as fuck^

Guild Wars 2 Video Game, GC 10: MMO Revolution Interview | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Guild Wars 2 Video Game, ArenaNet Retrospective | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Guild Wars 2 Video Game, GC 09: Debut Trailer | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-guild-wars-2/54629

2. Yeah I'm interested in this. Although I won't quit WoW for some game that I haven't even tried :confused:

That seems to be the common mistake of people with MMOs.

3. Yeah I've done it a hundred times, see a somewhat "promising" mmo and it turns out to be another grinder.. that's okay though, it lets you know which games are worth playing..

but im telling you, guild wars is a FANTASTIC game, absolute masterpiece. The soundtrack alone is what had me by the menu screen, ill never forget that.

The ONLY thing, the first guild wars series does not have the feature for jumping with the spacebar..but, the second one listed here is going to have the jump, and swim feature ;)

4. I had guild wars nightfall....wasn't bad, I chose not to buy EotN and wait for this.

^^JUMP! WE CAN JUMP!!!!!!

5. One of my favorite things, as soon as i heard about this i hopped on board

6. #6 716, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2011
    ArenaNet has put in a lot of time making sure GW and GW2 isn't focused on grinding. I'm also stoked for GW 2. I have been trying to find a pretty good MMO until then but have been stuck.

Oh and btw has anyone tried out the game Rift? i played the beta for a lil it seems like it copies a lot of the features that GW2 will have

Edit: didn't see the Rift thread lol

7. haha, nice find. I have heard of RIFT but........To be honest, it looks like an offbrand of AION - just my opinion..

8. All i know is once the halls open up, I'm bringing back the necro spikes. MMMK!

9. Honestly I'm expecting Guild Wars 2 to be the funnest MMO ever made, it just looks that amazing to me.

For the past couple of days though I've been absolutely obsessed with RIFT, it is so much fucking fun. I'd describe it as WoW with all the little things you always wanted to get mods for. And it also has these random events where the area is attacked and you have to band together with other people to defend it. Anyways, it's fun.

10. im stuck between GW2 and rift.

11. yeah definitely i played Aion until I got to 29 but it was just too boring of a grind and so slow paced

12. I cant wait for GW2 :D looks like its gunna be amazing!

13. if you watched the videos I linked, it would tell you that GW2 has a system like this - their own - a much more INTERACTIVE environment with CONSTANT activity, go check those vids out!

14. Yea I know.... That's why I mentioned the events in the first place lol.

You should give RIFT a try, I promise it's not a grindfest, the quests are actually really fun.

15. I have i got one of the beta codes just gotta wait till tuesday until the new beta is up

16. Well, I played the Original Guild Wars, with all the exps until Nightfall. To be honest, as much as I liked Guild Wars, I hated how each "city" was really just a bunch of tents, and there were no buildings. No buildings in the entire game, now that I think of it. It was great, I played it for hours and hours, but really not what I'm looking for in a MMO, which I play alot less of these days.

But, GW2 Looks promising, and if there are trials, I will try it, and if I'm impressed (and there are buildings with roofs, not just a bunch of traders randomly standing around what is supposed to be an outpost), then I'll buy it

17. i cant wait for GW2 , i playd the fuck outa Guildwars and it was great!

18. Rift is a monthly fee? I wish they would give us a release date.

19. I may or may not give rift a try - depends on how people like it so far and if it is p2p or not

20. rift release date is march 1