Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed to help a toothache?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by mlrock, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Lately I've come down with a really bad toothache. I went to a dentist yesterday and he couldn't find anything abnormal that would cause it. I was wondering how some hits of the good herb would help with a toothache. Any tips?

2. look man, weed will help
    but
    this is a good improvisation for now
    take a shot of liquor,, swish it in your mouth
    in the area of your pain, for a couple seconds
    then spit it out

pain free:cool:

3. HEMP AS A MEDICAMENT : Therapeutic results in stomatology (full - 1955)
    Therapeutic results in stomatology - GreenPassion - Dedicated to Medicinal Cannabis

Illicit drugs for toothache (letter - 2002)
    letters : Article : British Dental Journal

Comments on a home remedy for Abcessed Tooth. (forum - 2007)
    Home Remedy Comments - My Home Remedies - Home Remedy Forum

Cannabis relieves Toothache pain? (anecdotal - 2009)
    Fresh Herb Guru: Cannabis relieves Toothache pain?

Involvement of the endocannabinoid system in periodontal healing. (abst - 2010)
    Involvement of the endocannabinoid system in perio... [Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010] - PubMed result

Red Cross tooth-ache Remedy works, cloves from the spice cabinet also can help. Native Americans used the root of the California poppy as a dental anesthetic.

See a dentist. An abscessed tooth can be potentially fatal! (NO, I'm not kidding!)

Granny :wave:

4. why spit it out:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Like I said, I don't have an abcessed tooth. The dentist said that everything looked perfectly normal.

6. If you continue to have tooth pain, you may wish to determine the actual cause. In the meantime, yes, cannabis will certainly help with the majority of the potential contitions you may be experiencing

7. I hear you man, I have a wisdom tooth that needs removed, hurts like a mofo. Sadly bud doesn't seem to dull the pain for me, at least vaping doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
  8. i know this post is old as hell. but, sometime toothaches can be caused by sinus pressure. i had the same problem a while back.

9. take your tips of your fingers and massage your temple/head and diffrent area's of your skull.while your msaging out the pain it will lessen but only while your messaaging unless u hit that good spot then it seemd to go away for a little while atleast giving you some relief.

10. Often tooth abscesses dont show until the damage is too great to reverse.

Like meCa said, sinus pressure is a common cause of tooth pain.

Above each tooth you have a maxillary sinus, and a sinus infection can place pressure against the nerves.

If you have a sinus infection, you may have a deviated septum, which will require surgery to correct.

When you have a deviated septum, it will poke against the nasal cavity, causing difficulties with breathing.

Sinus infections and lead to an abscessed tooth, as the infection can cause a fistula, which is a canal between the maxillary and frontal sinus. If this happens, it will become a medical emergency, and the tooth may have to be pulled, healthy or not.

11. oil of oregano will be your best bet...

12. Well if you have toothache then why not treat with soluble paracetamol or panadol? Why even think about weed or liquor :D

13. toothache too painful and a different kind of pain for marijuana to really help much.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Old thread but ................. if you want relief take coconut oil and swish it around your mouth for at least ten minutes twice a day preferably 20 minutes. The oil sucks the poison out. This works.
    You can put some peppermint oil in the mix in order for it to taste better.

15. This.

16. i had a horrible toothache, decided weed might help, i got high but was still in pain, not a good combo lol

17. well I came on here found the pub med link ,,,...