Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How to add humidity to a small grow?

• Please log in to reply

Dude3.0

Dude3.0

Frank Lapidus

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
Is there a simple way to add humidity to a small grow, say between 6-8 cubic feet? In the winter, the air can get insanely dry - a slow as 25%. Any simple DIY ways to add in some humidity?

Slayer816

Slayer816

• Registered Upgraded
  • 165 posts
Might try having your fan blow on a Bowl of water

TheWaterBoy

TheWaterBoy

"What you think you become"

• Silver Member
  • 3,301 posts

RO76

RO76

CALL ME ELVIS

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,373 posts
You can get a small humidifier...under $20 http://www.farmandfl...source=googleps

Edited by RO76, 24 January 2011 - 01:11 AM.

TheWaterBoy

TheWaterBoy

• Silver Member
  • 3,301 posts

TheWaterBoy

TheWaterBoy

• Silver Member
  • 3,301 posts

RO76

RO76

CALL ME ELVIS

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,373 posts
How big is your grow area? May be you need a bigger humidifier, to compensate for ventilation(witch removes humid air from your grow area)

TheWaterBoy

TheWaterBoy

• Silver Member
  • 3,301 posts

RO76

RO76

CALL ME ELVIS

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,373 posts
Try this: Get a small 2X2 tray and 2x1 heated mat(for germination) ,put that mat on the floor of your grow tent ,then put that tray on the top of that mat and fill with water barely covering the bottom of your tray.Water in the tray will get warmer and start evaporating creating higher humidity. You can put your grow container directly in to that tray or you can build a shelf...
I am not 100% sure if it will work,but germination tray 2'x1'x7" is getting extremely humid with in fiew min when that heating mat is on...
P.S.Heating mat:[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Growers-Supply-Company-GSHM-Seedling/dp/B002LVU4Y8/ref=sr_1_3?s=garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1296264039&sr=1-3]Amazon.com: Growers Supply Company GSHM 9-by-19-1/2-Inch Small Seedling Heat Mat: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]
That one is overpriced, you can find one for $20 or so...

StinkyBuds

StinkyBuds

• Registered Upgraded
  • 177 posts
ran into the same problem as you guys did as i live in the Great Basin and my current humidity is down to 23% gonna try the heating mat and pan of water trick...will report back w/ results!

good luck to everyone!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)