Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crock Pot cannabutter for dummies

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ero, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Yay! I'm excited to hear your results with coconut oil.

2. #102 ElectricJW, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    FUCK laptops. it just made me go to the previous page when I hit the backspace button when I thought i was typing.

But yeah it worked good. I ate 1gs worht of mids in a form of shot and the residue left in the glass was wiped up with bread. Its been about 3 hrs and I'm smoked a small bowl and i'm feeling GOOD. Maybe next time I will eat 1.5 grams worth.

Also I've been smoking daily and heavily for 10 yrs.

edit: I was feeling great after I smoked another small bowl.....i couldnt even finish it haha. I'm really excited now. My back pain melted away.

3. If I used an ounce of highquality buds/shake off those buds, to 2 pounds of butter, will it be really potent. Also can I do it without the water? Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you.

4. I wouldn't do it without the water. And if its too strong you can always add more butter. Check out some of the previous posts.

5. damn impatient me just went ahead, I threw 28gs give or take of pretty hq bud/that buds shake, into 1.5lbs give or take of unsalted butter. Also used no water. hope that it turns out pretty potent, should I leave it for 12+hrs on low?

6. Simple enough

7. does anyone know if its worth making butter with buds that have been run once to make bho ? and if so what would a good ratio be to use rerun:butter

thanks

8. I can't imagine there is enough left on the spent BHO material to use for much of anything, not to mention the butane that will be left in the plant material would make for dreadful butter. That's just my opinion, let me know if you try it.

9. Ok , so I'm trying it anyway. Hah I think the same thing but others need to know , so ill post results. Starting with 4oz of BHO bud-rerun and 2 pounds I butter, gonna leave it in the crock on warm for 24 hours.

10. I have to be honest, I'm a little worried about the residual butane. In BHO it is pressure evacuated. With rerun bud, you probably have a lot of residual butane. I could be wrong but it sounds sketchy to me. Don't do anything that would endanger your health!

11. The people bugging me to do it that didn't listen to my advice will be taking it all and testing , just wanted to check in and remind people .. It helps to plug in the crock pot .... Haha :(

12. dude your going to eat bud that you ran butane through? to me this sounds really really unintelligent

13. dude im not going to eat bud that i ran butane through.. to me you sounds really really unintelligent

14. Ok so I need help here plz , here's what I did
    I took 1 0z of master kush (only cuz I did this exactley the same
    Once before with 1oz shake n was potent enough)
    So I took 1cup of butter melted it down in my "crockpot lil dipper" this
    Is a dip warmer has no adjustment nozzle
    Let it go to a max temp 215 it slowly bubble around edges I added
    My 1oz of master kush wich was finely ground in my electric buster
    I let it go in the "Little Dipper" for about 4hrs unplugging now n then for a
    Few mins before re plugin paranoid of having it burn away thc
    And stirring mayb every hour or so. Then I stuck in the fridge
    Had it harden, finish butter looks nice as always
    I used All the butter I got from this wich was 1cup
    In one batch of cookies making 15 cookies total
    N they are not strong enough I have bought stronger
    From friends , what am I doing wrong ?

15. im wondering if you ever tried to use coconut oil instead of butter? this is a great recipe for a lazy good for nothing but butter doesnt work for me.

16. Is the left over water supposed to look like bong water?

17. Yes, very dirty bong water. [​IMG] 

18. Hey ero i want to thank you for your post. I adopted what I learned from you to create somewhat of a different method. Do you think you can check out the post for me and add your knowledge to it? I hope thats ok man. I am new to baking and really could use your help. http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/1369563-mason-jar-crock-pot-butter-trials-pt-1.html?p=21633612

19. well looks like i done made me some butter. Thanks for the input Sam.

20. Well figured id go ahead and post about my experience. I decided to wait till this morning to try some cookies out before i smoked anything. So i started with 2 small cookies didnt notice any change really then i ate 3 more about an hour later and noticed a small buzz an hour after, i think the fact that i didnt use very potent bud affected my butter. So in my opinion this process definitely works and if you have decent bud itll work alot better.