Fish Stories: The O-fish-al pics thread.

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by JohnnyWeedSeed, Jan 22, 2011.

1. do u get steelhead (sea run rainbow trout) in china? or any sort of sea run trout? (like a salmon, except a trout)

2. I don't actually fish here in in China, I wait until I can get back to the states, where I have a little place in Michigan I fish out of. Water here is really polluted, and I've never looked to see if there are charter fisherman whose brains I could pick about local conditions/situations. I've been thinking about going down to Thailand to try and bag Marlin though, maybe next time I get a vacation...

3. i caught a 10 lb trout at a lake in the mountains near me.tasted so damn good

4. Hey guys. I haven't been on GC in a while, but I'm hoping to start posting again more often cause :gc_rocks: haha

Here's an assortment of fish I've caught over the last couple months here in middle Tennessee.. Let me know what yall think! If yall like them I got a whole bunch more from tha past I'll throw up here too. :wave:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Spotted Gar
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6.4 largemouth
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    5.6 small mouth
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    3.11 small mouth
    [​IMG]

5. Nice fish dude. Now thats what I call a contribution.

6. Thanks man! I'll keep em coming once I get my external Hd back. I've got some crazy pictures from last summer when we were catchin alligator gar in Alabama that were pushing 5ft.

7. great thread dude!

My aunt and uncle own a nice set of cabin houses things on lake champlain in vermont

ill have pics up in the summer

but

I will say first fish I caught was a fuckin like 3 feet long catfish my uncle wanted to cook it - bottom feeder - they were wrong about cooking it, they didnt do it right

I wasnt about to eat it either

took me 30 minutes to get it in a net

8. Man catfish is delicious if its cooked right. Sure they eat some nasty shit but they are peditors too and alot of their diet is the same as other table fish. You just gotta skin em, filet em, and deep fry em in crumbs or beer batter.

9. hell ya bro they are soo good fried up in bites. but def not the best fish baked...

10. Yea its a channel catfish.

11. [​IMG]

Here is my first fish. (im the kid by the way) i caught it all by myself. its a kahwai

12. #52 Durchii, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2011
    I caught this monster on Geneva Lake, Wisconsin in the summer of 2009.

Shakespeare UltraLite, 8 pound test SpiderWire, and half a Leech.

:laughing:

[​IMG]

All right, all right, Here are the other keepers I caught on the same setup, however I alternated Leeches and Nightcrawlers. A nice smattering of Perch, Sunfish, and Rock Bass. I apologize for the piss-poor quality of the first picture, but it will give you an idea of the amount caught.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Here is my big bass from last year, 7lb 4oz which ain't too bad here up north.

[​IMG]

Image doesn't do him justice as usual, I am holding up right up next to my body...not pushed out into the camera to make him look huge like 90% of the fishing photos you see taken. I have a video I took because of that but I don't want to post it up here for personal reasons. We call him Bubba and he lives in a local, rarely fished pond, and we catch him usually once a year.

Placed 10th in my first ice fishing tourney today, brought home enough to cover entry fee and bait costs...not to bad for my 5th time ever ice fishin I guess.

14. Damn, Bandit! That thing is a hog.

Unoit, Thanks for cleaning the thread.

Durchii, Im startin to break out in hives from not fishing for so long. I just found out they got camping at Silver lake where I told you about. I plan to camp there all summer when I go fishing. Bring buds and suds...

15. download_Photo0034.jpg

I caught this baby girl a few days ago on a buzzbait. She was 7.4 and 26 inches long!

I will be going trout fishing this weekend and will def have a few photos for you guys to drool at!

16. #56 coughee19, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Redfish I Caught on Mosquito Lagoon in Titusville Fl.
    i have soo many more photos if i do a little searching

17. looks like a small sturgeon kinda...

18. idk what ur talkin bout looks like a redfish to me lol

19. Bump!! this is a great thread i dont think should die. i don't have anymore pictures right now ill have to have my dad send em to me.

i would love to see more pictures ESPECIALLY if you've gotten something on a fly

20. Oh it wont die. We just gotta wait for the nice weather to get some good pics. Im hoping for warm days tomorrow and wednesday. Me and Durchii are planning on hittin the lake. Maybe get some new fish in here.