Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chewing (forming a quid and letting it sit between your cheek and gum) marijuana

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by TloGrow, Jan 21, 2011.

1. I have created this thread to see if there is anyone out there who knows how to make marijuana into snus/chew (so it can be used by putting between cheek and gum, in either the upper lip or bottom lip. First of all I would like to clear up a rumor about snus tobacco: THERE IS NO FIBERGLASS, this is just not true, as it's not necessary and the swedish snus that I get has a complete ingredients list as required by swedish law. Snus is different then chew. Ok, now that I've made that clear, I would prefer this thread to be free of people talking shit about snus, if you don't like it thats totally fine, I understand, no need to be a prick, I am interested in all forms of using marijuana medically and do not like the way eating it makes me feel (too intense and trippy for me) I do however enjoy whole leaf pills also known as CBD pills. So I would like to experiment with it, but I do not know the process of steam curing like you would do with tobacco, nor do I know if it would eliminate all of the active cannabinoids. There is also another thing I would like to clear up, it is a fact that marijuana can be ingested without mixing with a fat! It's very true and I have done it several times, also, there where many people in history that used to eat hash, and it wasn't cooked before hand, the truth is, that if it's cooked first with a fat it will make the coumpounds more readily available. Ok now that I got all that out of the way. Has anyone made snus from marijuana? ( i hypothisize that it would be milder, and thats what I'm looking for.

2. id like to know as well, though it doesn't look like this thread has gotten much attention?

3. I have read here on GC that if you decarboxylate your buds or have vaped bud you can eat it plain and get the effect, however I have never tried this to verify.

Maybe it would work using it like chewing tobacco but I'm not entirely sure

4. [quote name='"oceansgreen"']id like to know as well, though it doesn't look like this thread has gotten much attention?[/quote]

Yeah and it's a year and half old...

5. i was doing a search cus im trying to make some chew that gets one blazed...

6. Oh wise one, please save us from our ignorance.
    anybody?

7. I'm pretty interested in this too. I feel like, as someone said earlier, as longs as its decarbed/vaped I'm sure you'd get a pretty small effect there. But its not really in a form that your body can use efficiently, like bound to a fat/alcohol.

8. I guess i could try with my vaped bud, i'll post later if i feel anything.

What do i do, just stick it in my lip and suck on it? Do i spit or swallow? Inb4penisjoke.

9. thats most likely not gonna taste well lol just a fair warning :wave::eek:

10. Anything for science. :cool:

11. haha nice!:D

12. Well, i had it in my lip for about a half hour before i ate it. Not on purpose, it just kind of happened.

Started feeling a very slight buzz near the end, maybe there could be something to this?

If the taste is worth it, i don't know. :D

13. Yuck! :eek:

You are a trooper.

14. Glycerin. Decarb, heat and soak for the appropriate amount of time (see the CannaPharm for details/links to the glycerin tincture in my blog), and if you really felt compelled, you could easily use it that way rather than straining and making some nice tincture. :)

15. Seems like an intensely inefficient method of ingesting cannabis. Consuming raw buds has very low bio-availability which is why it doesn't work very well. My guess is that even though I suppose you'd bypass the first pass metabolism the absorption rate into the blood vessels through the mouth would be very weak. Maybe if you treated some regular snus with tincture or cannabis oil it would have more effect.

16. Either that or a alcohol tincture. Then take some vape trash and moisten with the tincture. Take a pintch between your lip and gum. It works great but if u do very much of it there can be damage to the gums from the alcohol. Alcohol will cause your capillaries to absorb the THC very fast. If you use a strong tincture u will be zonked.

17. whats with people hating on the taste of bud lol its not that bad as long as its just bud no stems or in firecrackers(dont taste that great to me)..id do it but id rather smoke and get more high lol

18. I love the taste of bud!

Vaped bud on the other hand...

19. I wanna get some alcohol and make shots of thc/alcohol, drink like 8 shots and get superr fucked up,

20. Ok, here's a little recipe just to make things easier for you folks. :)

But first..... It's EASY!

If the 'Why' doesn't interest you, just skip this entire post, and read and FOLLOW the recipe below!... [​IMG]

To make this simple, I'm splitting the tutorial into an additional post.

---------------------

Again, this may seem long, but the steps are short and simple, I'm taking the time needed in order to cover all the bases explaining WHY the steps are important to follow, and why cutting corners could potentially RUIN your end product, rendering it useless!

Sometimes, if people don't understand why things are done a certain way, they try to get 'creative' (which sometimes is good! But more often than not usually means lazy, lol) and they rush to create, what only looks like, the same thing.

They barely even save any time, or effort by doing so, but cutting corners is almost always done unknowingly at the cost, of MULTIPLE LOST DOSES, per one single functional dose!

---------------------

This serious loss in potency, or perceived potency, occurs for one or even both, of two reasons....

Folks either neglect to activate properly, or they neglect to encourage bioavailability (or absorption).

--------------------

1) If you absorb inactive herb?

You'll receive medicinal benefits fro the inactive cannabinoids, but you will feel little to nothing. When cannabis is smoked, the act of combustion activates the material (whatever is left, that it doesn't destroy entirely) in a split second... but at room temp in your jars, or especially submerged in oil or a liquid, this process takes MONTHS, and the earliest material to become active, is degrading, before the rest finishes!
    This is why pre-decarbing is a good idea, even with cold tinctures, if you desire the highest ratio of activated material. Submerged in alcohol, oil or glycerin, as is, and left at room temp will create a primarily inactive oil or tincture after several months, and a mostly degraded tincture after a year or two, with fewer chances for a 'happy medium'.

2) And if you eat active herb, but without a 'vehicle' to facilitate absorption?

The vast majority of your potency goes 'in one end, and out the other', without absorption!

3) Now just imagine if you eat inactive herb, that you haven't let soak for long enough in your 'edible solvent', to encourage bioavailability... you get the point I think. :)

The more corners you cut, the more potency you waste! It's not that the process is hard, and I won't say that it's that many stoners are lazy ( :p ), I honestly think people just don't understand how important it is that you follow directions, when making edibles!

Just follow the steps closely, and you'll see that without all the long, drawn-out explanations, it all could have been explained in just a few sentences.. it's not daunting at all. The majority of the below is just to stress how important processing is :)

---------------------

Processing mistakes and misconceptions, are why so many people are under the impression that smoking would 'work better', when that simply isn't the case...

The only time that's true, is if you're not making your edibles or tincture properly!

Firstly....

It's a simple, modified canna shisha recipe that I use whenever I break out my hookahs, and vapes!

The only difference between making a high-temp canna shisha, and a canna chew, is that for an effective chew, your material needs to be decarbed, or activated first!

HOWEVER: If you like to vape with very low temps, which is ideal for the BEST flavor (especially if you use fruits); then activating your herb before making shisha is a good idea for the best/strongest results!

If it's too 'heady' and cerebral, or if it makes you anxious and if it produces racing thoughts, then either extend the time beyond decarbing by just an extra five or ten minutes, or process in heated glycerin a half an hour or so longer.

If it's too narcotic, and makes you pass out before you can fully enjoy the sensations, or if you're looking for a more functional, cerebral sensation, decarb and heat in the glycerin a bit less. It's just like making oil!

The same cannabis, when eaten, can provide a vast array of effects depending how it was processed!

When smoking, you're limited by combustion itself, and even the temperature of your flame.

Decarbing happens rapidly, and only removes the carboxyl group which 'activates' the cannabinoids converting them from their non/less-psychoactive acid forms, into their more powerful, sensation-wise, delta forms.

But by heating for longer, you are not continuing the decarbing process, but instead you are encouraging cannabinoid conversion, you are creating the byproducts of degradation, and mainly those secondary byproducts of degraded THC, are responsible for regulating the experience sensation-wise.
    Over-processed cannabis has a higher CBN content for instance, than the same herb when fresh, and in conjunction with simply activated D9THC, these and other cannabinoids and their byproducts, are responsible for producing the dopey, stoney, sleepy sensations which many patients and recreational users are looking for.

Secondly...

If you swallow it, rather than allow it to absorb in your mouth, it will become STRONGER as it passes through your liver!!

But even with buccal or sublingual use, you will still need a bit less than you would normally smoke, to get a slightly stronger sensation.

More than %50 of your potency is completely destroyed when smoking using a lighter, while degrading much of the remaining 40-50%, a bit less is destroyed when using a hemp wick (which produces as little as HALF the temp, as a Bic lighter), and even when vaping you lose up to 20% entirely, while degrading a portion of the remaining 80%!

By heating and damaging your herb mu8ch less, and by encouraging absorption and bioavailability, you can deliver more active potency to the blood stream with both edibles and sublingual tinctures.

But where you are bypassing your liver (which you also do when smoking) you will not have the long-lasting sensations you can expect from most edibles, especially those made using coconut oil or butter, but the bonus with buccal (cheek) and sublingual (under tongue) absorption, is that it will begin to kick in within a few seconds, to a few minutes, or almost as quickly as smoking.

---------------------

Long story short, the keys are proper activation and causing the right amount of cannabinoid conversion to achieve the desired effect, and encouraging adequate bioavailability;

If you usually only smoke 0.25g, that same little pinch is all you'll need!

Where the glycerin, fruit, and molasses or inverted sugar will create added weight, it's a good idea to know the -starting weight- of the herb before you begin, so you can divide the finished shisha into portions accordingly.

On with the recipe.....