When do you super crop your plants?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by BBBAllDay, Jan 20, 2011.

1. I have a 4x4 tent with a 1000w HPS, so in order to be able to keep from frying them I have to keep them short. I supercrop when they are 2 weeks into veg, then I spred out the branches and tie them to the edges of the bucket which opens up the middle of the plant. I let them get adjusted to their training and grow for about another week. Then I add the scrofula screen so I can start training even further placing a node in each square. I've grown some monsters like this

2. #22 mjmama25, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
    I grow outdoors and I usually start supercropping when the plant is between knee and waist high. At that point I bend the branches about half way down the plant and make it look almost like a daddy long legs, lol. Then as the tops re-orient themselves to the light and start growing taller again, I supercrop again. I continue cropping until the plant is as bushy as I want and usually continue cropping occasionally up until flower to control height. I made a short YouTube video of me cropping one of my outdoor ladies. She has already been cropped several times, so I was just working with the new tops. :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBr2R8ks9Fo[/ame]

3. As i understood it, supercropping can be done 1 of 2 ways: HST or LST.
    I prefer HST because you don't  need anything other than your thumb and forefinger, and it is much quicker and easier. You can spread the plant out into a sprawling bush, great under lights. I tried growing 9 plants in a closet 20" X 5', but find that i have many more budsites with only 3 plants hst'd to fill the space under 1 400w hps. Hopefully i will have a bigger yield this go around

4. I supercropped with a ScroG and yielded just short of a pound with 3 plants under 1000W MH. Didn't even have the HPS lamp on there. 

5. I super crop at around 4 weeks, just before flowering. I've found that using the Easy Super Cropper has helped tremendously when I have lots and lots of plants to super crop, it saved me time and is awesome on the thicker stems. :) I found it at a hydro shop near me but you can get it online at weedtheway.com