Buddhist monk returns from the dead and converts to christianity

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by tokin', Jan 19, 2011.

1. Also, Buddhism is about 500 years older than Christianity.

2. "One should not honor only one's religion and condemn the religions of others, but one should honor others' religions for this or that reason. So doing, one helps one's own religion to grow and renders service to the religions of others too. In acting otherwise one digs the grave of one's own religion and also does harm to other religions. Whosoever honors his own religion and condemns other religions, does so indeed through devotion to his own religion, thinking "I will glorify my own religion". But on the contrary, in so doing he injures his own religion more gravely"

3. I can only assume that we are all going to Hell

4. Why does it matter if this is "real" or "fake" :confused:

I've always been of the opinion that the relationship between oneself and God/Buddha/Tao/Lucifer/whatever other label you wish to ascribe the "truth" to, should be one that is very personal. Even if this story were somehow verified to be 100% true and accurate, I would still be content with what I've found to be the aforementioned principle of "God" in my own life. No need to throw myself down the funnel of someone else's experiences in the hope that I can achieve some glorious after-life filled with white clouds and singing angels and all that jazz, especially not while I watch others suffer an eternity in a lake of fire where they were put irrelevant of their deeds in life, but simply based on their personal subjection to a supreme being whose existence seems to revolve around the masturbation of his own ego.

5. Trippin for 3 days? I don't think our body has that much dmt

6. I think he's trying to say he's Jesus Christ... dead for three days then suddenly *poof* he's alive and well?

7. he just had a bad dmt trip

I only read until where he saw buddah in the lake of fire :laughing:

8. The two religions are very, very similar, although most Christians do not actually follow the teachings of Jesus

So a Buddhist is like a real born again Christian

9. Your body has a natural hallucinogenic called dimethyltryptamine, also known as (DMT). This stimulates the penal gland in your brain when you die and when you dream, which causes you to hallucinate. This is why many people that have died and then have been revived again have reported seeing similar things like this.

Another thing to add. Many people that have been revived have said that they saw a white light, family and friends and their life flash before their eyes. The white light is caused by the release of DMT into your brain. Seeing your family and friends is the fear based psychological aspect of death. And seeing your life flash before your eyes is a mixture of both fear and DMT.

Just thought you guys should know lol :smoke:

10. Likely a fictional story written up by the strong arm of Christianity Corp.

Seen it before, read it, researched it, nothing was found of it worth mentioning, just like this article... not worth mentioning. With no meaning of to disrespect OP whatsoever

11. Missing parts of his testimony.
    Who are the people that are praying to God, why are they in Hell? The king of hell said, 'These are the people that believed in Him, that thought He was the only One. For worshipping false-gods, and for not looking within.'

12. I've read a lot of it by now in different sittings. I couldn't stand to listen to the video you posted, so I still haven't absorbed it all. It has dawned on me, though, that this testimony stands in contradiction to all the notions Christians tell us about how God would never prove himself as that would make true faith impossible.

13. Heh cool story but laughable considering the people who take it seriously

14. very true. nowere in the christian bible does it say that humans HAVE to go to church or do anything with the church. just believe in jesus, thats it. pretty much everything thats restrictive was pretty much manipulated into the bible by governments that used the religion as their flagship.

15. I agree 100%

16. Nobody's in Hell yet, so I don't know what he's talking about. The first person to be cast into the lake of fire will be Satan and that's after the 1000 year reign.

17. One interesting thing arn't God and Lucifer enemys?
    Why is lucifer helping god?

18. He can obviously see the future

19. #39 Postal Blowfish, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011
    No way he can see the future! Only I can see the future, let me explain...

All of that is redundant. God made evil, god made Satan, it's all redundant. God is afraid people will realize what he's done, so he created a mask to wear when he's punishing people for failing to tell him he's the prettiest girl in all the land.

Or, you know, it's the greatest troll of all time.

20. What?