Cheap DIY grow lights....

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by mutiny90, Jan 19, 2011.

1. I don't get it, for that kind of money you could buy a small hps system...

2. The only thing I could say about the first one is that tape doesn't get along well with lights. I learned that the hard way. Heat tends to melt adhesive so keep that in mind.

The second setup is pretty legit man, I would just try to hook those up to a timer, having to come in and pull the cord to turn em on/off could get annoying.

3. When I was using it, it was on a timer, the corded one was the only one I could find at menards lol.... yea the first one was somethin I just kinda made in like 5 min, quick throw together to save my peeps lol

4. walmart sales 65w Brinks Security CFL lights that are 6500K they were $10 a piece

5. none of my wallyworlds do, where is this magical place you speak of, 90% of any bulbs found around here are fuggen 2700k at 30w and up. sheeeet:cry:

6. i am looking into a personal grow in an old dresser of mine... just to start i am thinking maybe two plants? probably bag seeds. what would be the best bulb to get for something like this? and that second set-up is hella legit, im gonna throw one of those together this weekend when i convert my dresser. please let me know if anyone has tips on lights i should i get

7. Perhaps one of the liquid metal repair kits could help fuse the two halfs? :smoke:

8. U got pic of how this set up is working, plant wise?