Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Brew Weed Tea (W/ Pictures)Quick And Tasty

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by brewmaryjane, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Does it really get you that ripped?

2. can you use a vegetable oil spread instead of actual real butter? Its still like 55% fat

3. Use coconut oil, veggie oil is weak. There already isn't much time for things to be extracted. I'd steep it a lot lot longer if you used vegetable oil. I always steep my filters in tea after I infuse coconut oil. I wouldn't personally use bud to make tea but that's not to say it's not great for people. It's like a firecracker, something you can make quickly with a little bit of weed that will get the job done. Compared to properly processed oil or butter it wouldn't hold a candle but it still gets you absolutely ripped. Well it gets me ripped after steeping 9 grams anyway lol.

ive done a half g with butter in a teabag (over 50% saturated fat) currently simmering... scared i didnt put enough butter in so added some butter to the water.. any tips at this stage?

5. #305 Abe421, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
    I've made it on 2 separate occasions.
    I put some bud in a cup of heavy cream and kept it just below boiling for about 30 mins.

1st time I used less than a dime of stems, and I got a really nice wavy high. I would deff do it again. I was nice and concentrated, music was great to listen to, and I actually wrote a sick essay for class. It felt great.

2nd time I used about a dime of bud, and felt nothing. I think it's because I ate a ton of food only an hour before, and I split it 50/50 with a friend.

The thing to watch out for is you shouldn't eat a lot before. And this goes for all edibles. Don't take them on an empty stomach either, eat a very light snack, like an apple around 30 mins before you plan on taking it. If you eat heavy, wait a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I just used boiling water, 1 gram of bud, tea bag,and a stick of unsalted butter. It worked the same. 45 mins in and I have an incredible body high.

7. If I use roughly half a gram will that be enough to get me high?

Plus if I make it I will not use black/English/Russian tea but mint or a mix of herbs. Theine/caffeine ruins the high for me personally.

8. ya a 1/2g should do. I did about a grams worth of stems and leaves. and it wasn't overly noticeable but got the giggles and felt 120%

my take on it was roughly a gram of ground or cut stems, + 1tsp or less of coconut oil and put it in a spot that got warm and cold during the day and let it sit for a couple days. then into a tea ball, in the cup. add boiling water( helps the oil separate from the plant matter) along with what you would put in to make hot chocolate. does pretty good

• Like Like x 1
  9. So the high isn't nowhere as strong as opposed to smoking for example?

If so, it seems like a waste because with half a gram I can get high 4 times.

10. #310 Reo, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    No its a body high..but remember I used stems and small leaves.. More of a change/medicinal then anything else. Until you invest the time...

To make canna butter/oil properly then it will have that kick and with the half g you could be high all day

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ok thanks for the info man.

12. well i tried adding what I normally smoke to a nite nite tea bag, I boiled it for 10 min, then let it cool naturally, and started drinking, Results, very mild high , very calming and relaxing, the next day my poop smelled like my weed, Something I read "It is made fairly easily, simply by infusing marijuana into hot water. Since marijuana is fat soluble, marijuana tea does not offer up the “high” that simply smoking or cooking it in butter or oil would. Instead, the effects are a lot milder, and can often produce a calming effect much like chamomile tea does. Many people claim that by drinking marijuana tea often, it helps to ease eye troubles and can actually help those who have difficulty seeing. "

13. I am going to have to try this, this is freaking awesome!

14. Great idea, I've mixed my favorite teas with mine, very tasty. But why do you add butter to yours?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thank you very much! You are so kind to share your ricpe for the tea, I think I am going to try to follow the recipe and I hope can make a cup of tea with beatiful color and good aroma.

16. Awesome taste my second cup today nice high tho I don't aprove of the milk but it works great granddaddy n mint collision thanks[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Okay, I tried to make tea and screwed up somehow. I put 2 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a saucepan. I brought it to a boil and turned it down a smidge. I added a half gram of weed and let it simmer for 15 minutes. I put in a tea bag and let it cool for another ten minutes. I drank it and even ate the floating leaves. Nothing happened. Did I heat the water too high or possible heat it for too long? Or maybe not long enough? The tea smelled great and was a lovely brown. Did not taste burnt or bad but definitely weedy smell and taste.

18. You didn't decarb to activate the THC. 240F for 40 minutes, one gram to 100, 240F for 40 minutes.

• Like Like x 1