DWC & foggers updated rig

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by jollyrancher1, Jan 18, 2011.

1. It is in the pictures.

2. Yup, I see that... now...

-Loki

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi All,

I have a system (DWC) that uses 1/2 ID poly tubing. Does anyone have a good source for barbed fittings etc???? I been looking for o the web and haven't found any.

4. Here are two new pics of the beginning of week #8 :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. You are welcome.

I consider that place to be Nirvana for plastic anything.

6. Week #9 :D

Crop is looking very good.

Attached Files:

7. Awesome pic!! I am in week 4 plants at 6-8 inches. I am pretty sure cfl's not getting the job done anymore. Going to switch to MH (400W).

Attached Files:

8. Go back to post #10 to see what my crop looked like at week #4.

9. Wow awesome at week 4! Did you start with clones or seed? How often do you feed?
    It appears I need to run my system more. I only have it on once a day. Going to switch to HPS this week. This is my first grow from seed. Crop look great!

10. Thanks.

I started from seed, but that was over three years ago.

Still running on clones from the original (WW).

Soup gets changed weekly.

GH Flora Nova nutes.

Crop gets watered with "Spray & Grow" once a day.

11. I think he is growing from the seeds it is why they are smaller , but still, plants looks small for a month old plant...
    P.S. WeedDude do you check your PH/EC/PPM levels?

12. Yes I check daily. I haven't added any more nutes since the initial batch. I ran pure water for the 1st 2 weeks .Then mixed up nutes at 25 % for first week (Of what GH bottle recommended). I then increased that by another 25% after a week. I had the system running once a day for 15 minutes. I changed that to every 2 hours for 15 minutes. Been running cfl's going to switch to a 400 W MH on a 20-4 cycle. I been monitoring my TDS and it is about half of what I started with. I add RO water ph adjusted daily. Usually about 2 quarts. All input and guidance WELCOMED.

13. your system looks great bro.. and obviously putting out some great meds, those pics are crazy at only 3 weeks! i thought about using foggers like you, i think u saw my setup already and im just using high psi to shoot solution into the water creating some mist... but the foggers seem like a great addition. I know some people use them strictly in an aeroponic setup but very innovative that you got them workin in a DWC system. Good job man, and thanks for the info on my own dilemmas

14. #36 jollyrancher1, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2011
    Thanks!

Foggers work great, but there are caveats.

Foggers beat drip head/methods all to shit.

I like to think of it (my rig) as a DWC on steroids. :cool:

15. Jolly,

Are the foggers in your buckets or Top feed ? Should I add nutes or just water ? Once they deplete drain and replace solution.

16. #38 jollyrancher1, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2011
    go to the start of the thread and the pics show the whole build.

The foggers are in the tank(s), one each.

I have a "float valve" so the soup stays at a constant level in the tanks via a reserve (5 gal) water tank.

Purge the whole thing once a week with new soup.

About 25 gallons.

As a side note: at this stage (begin week 10) the plants are transpiring (going through) almost a gallon of water a day.

17. Went back and studied all of the pics. Yes I see how the system works. Where did you get the tall square container. I have wanted to switch to something like that. Been trying to locate something like that.