Why conspiracy theories seem so convincing

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by UU_ood, Jan 15, 2011.

1. #41 garrison68, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011

I was at work, a quarter mile away from the World Trade Center complex on 9/11. We wore masks outside, for weeks after we went back - which wasn't immediatly. I live about 8 miles from Ground Zero, as well.

The towers collapsed straight down. On the morning of 9/11 I was told, by an architect, this what was going to happen, and it did. He said that they were built to fall that way, to protect the areas around them in such an event as a plane crash.

I used to work in the Trade Center Towers, years before 9/11, and you could feel them sway on a windy day, in the elevators on the upper floors.

The issues of the government doing it didn't even come up until about 2004, and those theories were mostly from places far from NYC, or abroad.

Everybody was shocked when the towers fell, but it wasn't like, "Hey, that's impossible under these circumstances!". Yes, I know that a few people, notably in Europe, questioned it in 2002 or so, but not in the United States, at least as far as I know.

If there is a 9/11 truth movement in NYC, it must be very small. Look at the reception the proposed "Ground Zero Mosque" has received in NYC, especially from construction workers, many of whom were at Ground Zero on 9/11, and afterwards for the cleanup, and who knew a lot about those buildings, and what remained after they were destroyed.

2. The thing is sky scrapers are meant to withstand airline hits, they scrape the sky. When they were built the architect was like Hey, Theres always a chance a plane'll hit it, it's tall as fuck, so they built it to withstand hits.

People that were at low levels of WTC, 1st floor, basement levels etc, felt and explosion before the planes hit, and were launched into the ceiling cause of it's force, stating there was bombs at the foundation, such as a controlled demotion.

And explain to me why WTC7 why did it come down in a controlled demolition fashion it wasn't hit by anything... It just fell down.. Just like the Twin Towers Did... Open your eyes people... You believe in a government that is run by corporate interests.. and Not for the people... There is a monopoly on the MEDIA there is no such thing as FREEDOM OF PRESS anymore... It's been bought out... CHECK OUT JFK's last speech...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj3AECSKmhU]YouTube - JFK secret society speech (our last good President)[/ame]
    It's a shame we're so ignorant, not pertaining to the person I quoted just in general... There's more to the world than you think, there is always a Bigger Picture, to the Bigger Picture...

3. PEOPLE do not WANT TO BELIEVE the Government THEY ELECTED would do such a thing, because THEY ELECTED THEM! They'd feel at fault for 9/11, Iraq... ETC... so the turn a deaf ear... Fuck that Grow the Fuck up and Man the fuck up and take back your Country... It's LAND OF THE FREE HOME OF THE BRAVE... No one is Free, no one is Brave... More Like Land of the SNAKE Home of the SLAVE... American has been snuffed out from under us and we allow it cause we don't give a fuck... It's too sad a reality to deal with for the majority of us... And the ones who deal with it are just baffled at the ignorance...

4. The people who put out your video of JFK"s "Secret Society" speech are LIARS. They took a 19 minute speech called The President and the Press, delivered in NYC to the American Newspaper Publishers Association, Apr 27 1961, and clipped it to suit themselves and their agenda. Again, they are LIARS.

Here's the link to the debunking video:
    [ame="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=928_1217456062"]LiveLeak.com - Debunking JFK's "Secret Societies" Speech[/ame]

5. There's a fine line between a government that is perfect and a government whose sole purpose for existing is to fuck with it's citizens.

Look, I don't think it's ridiculous to assume that many higher-ups in the government get exorbitant amounts of money from lobbyists. But I do think it's ridiculous that the government would want to beam thoughts into the head of some meth addict in Topeka, Kansas.

People say 9/11 was done by the government to declare war and shift the public opinion, but last time I checked the government didn't give two shits about legally declaring war or what the public thought about said war.

6. Building 7 was never discussed. What are your truths to what happened on that day??
    Why was everything the way it turned out to be?

Whatever you do; Don't get caught on a side. keep that distant perspective when deciding your stand point on any topic.

was just watching a documentary :)the name already escaped me:) in which an

astronomy club in United States were the first to locate american spy satellites intended for Russia . The government considered it confidential so no reply.

BUT, a lot of observatories give a label to most everything discoverable in the vast space. demanded to point attention to the mysterious object, the satellite, which could be a security threat.

Finally it was replied that it was a lost failure of our past, a floater. wo think about that it will be floating for as long as...

blah blah turns out yes it was a spy satellite but whether we used it or not well its

odd that if your gonna go ahead and go through the trouble to get a

satellite to inner space in working condition; you were gonna use it.

2020 is the year they intend to have high powered lasers in space be known to the common man. lie not that they had a high ranking military official speak and he was pretty cool about answering questions.

you could catch his bluffs though and he would be quite open in other areas of interest. WAit! think about how amazing lasers are...
    we send beams to measure distant of objects. communicate to gps locations from space. perform eye surgery. reach high temperatures of heat. we even came damn close to absolute zero to a 0.00000000 degree by using high precision lasers.

because of lasers we are going to have small super computers able to work at the quantum level to process info at a mind blowing rate. imagine google earth on roids with every second being scanned. womp.

believe a blade above mentioned how we as a country are the opposite of who we were. this is where im at a battle in my mind. if as a governed race we are heading towards being monitored everywhere. lets assume this monitoring will continue as it does today. well do we forget the self identity??

do we just become a paranoid society influenced by staged events like today. lets not worry about who does the planning just that we are being played hard. what are everyones thoughts about where we are headed??

hope to learn from fellow grasscitizens.

7. It was hit by an airliner at a fast speed PLUS had it's structural steel drastically weakened by fire. Conspiracy theorist always use this claim, it's really annoying because it shows they don't even know what the official story is.

Really? People knew there were bombs there? No, not true. And why would they need to bomb the foundations if the tower fell from top to bottom.

Really? It wasn't hit by anything? It was severely damaged by debris. Firefighters themselves that were in the buildings predicted an inevitable collapse and pulled out of the building. Were the firefighters part of the conspiracy too? :rolleyes:
    Open your eyes man, wake up.

8. #48 mushroomsatsuji, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011
    Is it bad that I no longer care about 9/11?

Not the lives lost, I mean. RIP FDNY 343

I mean the whole who did it and why thing? I really dont care anymore. The conspiracies arent right. The official story isnt right either. No one knows the real story and those who do know arent going to say.

9. I'm not really on any particular side in this whole argument, because like mushroom just said above, i don't give a shit anymore.

But i'd like to point out, that if you watch videos from news broadcasts of the event, there are explosions going off for no particular reason. A lot of people say that the lobbies were gone before the buildings collapsed, destroyed by something from underneath. People in the basement were thrown against walls when something detonated, etc. Tapes of firefighters talking on radios mention a whole lot of secondary explosions on various floors far below where the planes hit - prior to collapse.

It's really amazing when you watch the clips. It shows that the "official" story is kind of false, but it's impossible to prove anything else, because all the evidence is gone. So we're left to speculate.

10. You are so full of shit your eyes must be brown.Once one is proved like the gulf of Tonkin it is no longer a conspiracy it is fact.

11. i have brown eyes. am i full of shit?

CONSPIRACY!

12. #54 UU_ood, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011
    No it doesn't show the official story is kind of false. Anyways, watch the videos of the collapse of the towers. Notice that as they collapse, you hear absolutely no explosions? Notice how every single controlled demolition is loud. I mean, LOUD. Bombs are going off, blasting the building to the ground. Yet you hear:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOGI33HsiCc]YouTube - WTC Collapse Best Angle - InfoDebug.com[/ame]

Now look how loud the explosion should be:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwMkJmnyDuQ]YouTube - Controlled demolition of building in Buffalo[/ame]

Yawn. You know which conspiracy theories I'm talking about. No need to get upset over it. And yes, my eyes are brown.

13. Yes, we get it.

MKULTRA is not a conspiracy. No one's denying that it happened.

Conspiracy theorists just exaggerate it to the point where it doesn't even make sense anymore.

14. MKULTRA is not a conspiracy. It refers to actual events.

Mind control is the conspiracy theory. MK ULRA is just the proof of said theory.

Im going to take a shot in the dark and say that to you, conspiracy theories are just the craziest theories with the least backing, yes?

15. I'm sick of the government sponsored mainstream media brainwashing people into writing off anything thats a different view as a conspiracy theory, and those saying it as conspiracy theorists.

You people need to stop sucking off the government and wake up to the fact that THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANY OF YOU. They're all bought and sold to their masters and your rights as far as they're all concerned, are expendable privileges.

Whether you see it as fact or not, it doesn't matter to them because they're doing what they're doing regardless. It's foolish to think that mankind is past the point where we can have corrupt government and corrupt behind the scene power.

16. ^It's funny how they've got the masses turned against themselves :p

All we can do is keep waking people up, and prepare for something big.

17. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjjIy1DO0gs&feature=related]YouTube - Denver Airport Conspiracy Theory: A Documentary (part 1)[/ame]

18. Divide and Conquer is the oldest tactic in the book and it works everytime. It's always been used against mankind throughout history. Promoted through all the ism's and the vulnerable buy it hook, line and sinker.

Yes, all we can do is spread the word and prepare for the worst. I just pray enough people are able to protect themselves and their families.