Belief in God shows lack of intelligence.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by UndyingEcho, Jan 14, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

Pat Robertson does not approve. :p

2. [​IMG]

Stephen Hawking does

3. I think you just have disproven that

4. Hahaha :laughing:

Anyways I completely disagree with you OP, I think belief in God is correlated with lower intelligence levels, but that does not mean if you believe in God you are necessarily unintelligent.

As a matter of fact, I know a lot of atheists who are fucking idiots. But it's just this sort of garbage that gets both sides nowhere. What we need are more open-minded people on both sides.

5. Plenty. Always leave room for error my friend. Never be 100% sure, and question everything.

6. ehh more like a lack of insecurity

7. "I'm not an atheist ... I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly \t\tharmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and \t\tactions of human beings"

[​IMG]

Einstein > Hawking :p

8. I am an intelligent person and I still believe in God.

No, i don't care if you think I'm stupid. Does't make a goddamn difference to me.

• Like Like x 1

9. “The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.”

--Albert Einstein

:)

Einstein was quite the open thinker, very admirable. :smoke:

10. Also, I'd never tell you that what i believe is right.... ya know, like what you're doing.

It's what I, personally, believe. That's all.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hi, I'm Richard Dawkins and I approved of this message :wave:

12. Boom.

:smoke:

13. Thanks for posting that quote. I started doing some research on Einstein a while ago, but got sidetracked somehow and forgot to continue ha ha ha. I'm not a believer in god(Christian or other), but the mysterious makes me wonder all the time. What if? I leave room for the possibility of some type of 'god' because I'm just not sure. I really don't know what to classify myself as, so I don't classify myself as atheist or anything else. I fucking hate labels. Labels are somewhat wrong IMO but sometimes they're right(It's the way the brain works. 'Better safe than sorry'). A lot of atheist tend to be complete douchebags. Ignorant freethinkers who belittle other freethinkers who don't agree with their ideas. These differences of ideas should be a chance for us to learn from each other and not an excuse to try to make one feel superior.

14. Heaven is a eternal paradise' and harmony.

and god forgives all sins, or so it says...

so all believers shouldnt be afraid to end there life, since the after life is better.
    (dont do it just sayin)..

"do you believe in god, written on a bullet? say yes to pull the trigger" -Lacey Mosley.

(FYI i do believe in A god tho)

15. What about your everlasting soul? Astral projection? Ascenscion? Recollecting your past lives at the very least, I'm talkin about gettin mad quartz crystal and meditating like a monk, maybe acquire a select few molecules and talk to the real gods...

I don't even know what I'm talkin about, I'm going to go read the Old Testament and the
    Sumerian scrolls

edit: whoops

16. lol, I think it's very ignorant and intolerant to tell people they aren't as smart as you, based on something no one is %100 sure about. I for one remain skeptical, and don't think I'll ever be associated with any religion(atheism included)

17. #18 ikillz, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
    you dont have to believe in god, but if you dont believe in anything
    you have a lack of intelligence as well,,

wen people say the word God, or Alien. they automaticlly think
    god = big dude white clothes, white beard,
    alien = small body, big head, big black eyes.

Open your mind to more possibilities,,
    they could both Exist, just not the in the same image evryOne describes'

for all we know they could look just like us,, or something way off
    from what we thought!! or they could be the same person!!

...(holy shit!!. did i just make a theory!!)
    :D

18. I have respect for everyone's opinion. That said, I can't understand how people can believe that a perfect God created an Earth for humans that's 70% saltwater. And 1/3rd of the species on Earth are beetles. And we have an appendix that we don't need. And weather, which God created (assuming He created everything) kills thousands of people every year via hurricanes, tsunamis, etc,.. not to mention suffering people all over the Earth. If there is a God, He sucks.

19. I graduated from an apostolic christian academy... I'm far more comfortable being atheist, honestly, it made no sense to me. Just a personal choice. I don't feel a sense of inferiority or superiority. I believe how I feel comfortable in respect to empirical data and uniformly applicable generalizations. Theoretical models to explain the observed law.

Example:
    pressure of Gas is inversely proportional to it's volume. Squeezing gas to half its original volume causing the gas pressure to double.