Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Piece for Noob Tokers

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Carebearsx3, Jan 13, 2011.

1. #21 AnthonyTinadio, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
    [​IMG]

here is a perfect pipe for a noob. not saying its a noob pipe i love mine like this. but its great for a beginer wont break and nice hits. lol
    back in the day id grind up half a 8th. 1.75 grams and that would last me friday night. and get me stoned saturday mourning. then id take 1 gram from the other 1.75 smoke the oen gram saturday night and sunday. then monday mourning smoke the .75 for wake and bake before i went to class lol. aww good ol days

2. They seem to be money order or check only... I've only bought one thing off of Etsy, but I'm not getting an E-Payment method. Sucks I wanted to pick up a new spoon for smoking on the go...

3. I had a sherlock as my first bubbler, and it served me well for a music festival, but was jacked from my friend's bag. I got a hammer to replace it, and much prefer it as there is almost no way to get water in your mouth, whereas with the sherlock if I didn't have the right amount of water and pulled just a little too hard I would get gross water in my mouth. If you really want to stealth smoke, save for an mflb, can't be beat. Or a dugout, just make sure people don't see how many times you're lighting your cigarette.

And as for the screen issue in yours, I'd suggest getting a jack, also called a glass screen. only certain shops here seem to have them, but they look like a tiny glass version of a jack like you pick up when you bounce a ball in that children's game. Usually they're under $2, just don't lose it lol.

However, for a first piece I suggest a spoon, you can get tiny ones with little bowls (you'll find that little bowls come in handy, especially smoking alone) that can easily be concealed within your hand, and you can act like you're coughing or yawning and hit it with a lighter in one hand and the spoon in the other.

4. for noob tokers? I will have to say the chillum!! and there are some SICK fucking chillums out there! Especially on Etsy.com just search for glass pipe and go!!

You say you like bongs and bubblers. First tip for bongs, try to avoid tubes taller then 18" many. that should be the tallest, but many people still think its way too tall. bongs that are tall like that will be very cumbersome and harder to clean, harder to maintain, and harder to store, so look for an appropriate sized piece when searching for tubes.

For bongs, you want GonG! That means Glass on Glass!!!! its the best seal, no rubber or plastic parts, and no added taste/fumes from rubber rings and such.

Dont always aim for the most complicated piece, you want a simple piece that is of quality. Habitual bong smokers usually pack what are called 'snaps', this just means only packing enough for one person to clear in one hit! that means everyone gets a green bowl, and you get clean, fat rips if you know how to pack it and how to hit a bong.

5. Newbie smokers love percolators. You should get a bong w/ like 40 of em.

6. #26 Easer, Jan 13, 2011
    45, yeah but who in their right mind would pay $140 for that? I just bought one that looks almost just like that but w/ a different paint job at my local headshop for 15 let me see if i can get a pic
    it kinda looks like this one
    [​IMG]
    also Anthony is right those car lighter like pipes are great , portable and effective peices

7. After owning a few of the pieces you want I will say my favorite is my bong. Mine is a 18in beaker bottom with no fancy addons. My bubbler is nice and I really do like it its just never around. But I will say my spoons get used the most. The hooka is nice if you got a quarter for a sesh. Get something you like is the best piece of advice I can give.

I need to get a family photo again maybe after work.

8. My first piece (still my only piece) was also... A Sherlock bubbler. Its been serving me well. The nice thing about a bubber you can use it either way, with or without water :hello: I would recommend a simple spoon or a Sherlock bubbler. This one was $35.

[​IMG]

9. #29 HIGH IQ, Jan 13, 2011

That thing looks tiny and stubby. My bubbler is about 9" inches tall probably more if it was a straight line. Then the glass is maybe 3-4 mm thick average and 5 at the thickest points (crazy I know). Fumed, color changing, inside out, and has two sitting points, it doesnt have a "paint job". You can bludgeon someone to death with it and it wont break.

It would be well worth over 100. Have you seen some of the bubblers on this site that are 130 and such? They hardly compare.

I didnt buy it in the headshop. I bought it off a buddy. Plus he knocked 5 dollars off. One of the best piece buyers ive ever met, great taste, and a great eye for quality in all his pieces.

Considering also, that this particular picture isnt what you bought exactly, then how can you compare our pieces? Id imagine any bubbler you buy for 15 dollars could be broken simply by squeezing it too hard (ive seen this happen to cheap pieces before).

Ive never heard of anyone getting a fumed, inside out, color changing, thick as fuck piece, for 15 dollars. Where is the labor in that price? fuming, and inside out work isnt easy. :rolleyes:

I can garuntee that you didnt get a piece, particularly THAT piece in the picture, for anywhere around 15 dollars. That one right there would go for...maybe 50 and above, no less.

10. #30 flowmo, Jan 13, 2011
    Agreed. Few people realize that glass blowing is in fact very challenging, and half the time, their shit breaks. The reason pieces are so expensive is because of the margin of error and time it takes. Anyway, I paid 60 for mine and its maybe, 7 inches tall or so.

I'm not thrilled with the looks of mine, but I definitely like it. Wish mine looked as sick as mr. alien penis. Prices are steep here too. NOTHING is 15 dollars, except for MAYBE a chillum.
    [​IMG]

11. ya just from watching a few vid's of the process looked hard as hell to me

12. Even a good glass spoon can go for 50 dollars. Which is mostly just labor. But you shouldnt worry about the looks of your piece, any piece that gets you baked is a beautiful piece.

13. Thanks, all of you. I am, at the moment, considering one of those $4 glass spoons. Any reason not to get it? And my budget is $30, but I would consider up to $75 if it sounds good enough. Thanks blades. :)

14. Of course, I just appreciate art a lot :)

15. Yepp. Those are it. :)

16. If I could, Id buy like a dozen of those and pass them out to friends in need!
    You could probably get a good package deal for at least a few spoons, which I would do since they are so cheap. Id get like 3 of em. :D

17. anything. bowls are the easiest thing to use especially if you don't have rolling skills.

18. sorry in your pic the bubbler looked smaller and thinner than it is, my bad if its fumed and has what you said ,yes its worth alot more than 15, but I really did get a bubbler almost identical to the picture for 15, but that was with a deal, it should have been 25

19. i got this bubbler for $25 online at ioffer.com it hits like a beast and has pretty damn thick glass. overall great quality product for the price.

[​IMG]