**No time for a Journal? Update here.. Any skill level welcome**

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by samson32, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Yeah lesson learned. I definitely transplanted the seedlings WAY too early (Into their final pot no less). The growth was explosive for the first two weeks or so after going into their new homes (Guessing because of all the extra room) but they stopped almost as fast as they grew. So note to self: only transplant AFTER a decent root ball has been established. I was getting really confused as to how people were talking about being able to finish with 2oz per plant in 2 gallons...Now I know how!

I'll be doing solo cups to 1 gallon to 3 gallon from now on I think (I would do 5 gallons, but my space is as such where if I did I could only fit 2 plants)... And I'd like to start doing autoflowers so I can have a rotation going without having to worry about light cycles...

That being said, these three shots were the best I could do. The macro setting on my camera kinda sucks :-/ My 3 main plants are feminized, but this last one is bag seed, so I'm watching it very carefully!

Thanks man, Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. #11162 ludachris420, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
    well I see pistil hairs..if there is ever white pistil hairs you have a female...but that does not count out a she/he lol...so from looks you have a girl..keep her in there,just keep a eye out for male part..in the v of the branching is where you will see and dangly balls. Even if it has white hairs,if it throws balls rip her out..but from the looks..i think female..you should know within the next couple days..another way to keep an eye out is males tend to show there sex sooner then females but is not the case with herms..but ride it out for another few more days because from the looks, it has female parts....I think your good but keep an eye out for balls...

3. Good luck on the grow..bag seeds can contain gems..but I have noticed i.m.e.. bag seed can throw off very low yield plants. But I would keep them,breed it back with a better yielding strain. ...

4. Work is work ATM, getting the new ones in and about a few more weeks left on this months harvest. Perpetual is easier said then done.

A couple close ups of the best ones I found this go round.

Attached Files:

5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418884185.699060.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418884196.037313.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. #11166 SeanPowers, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
    Just thought I'd share something I wish I would've know at the beginning of my first (and current) grow: The importance of transplant timing. 

How important is it you ask?? Well, I've got three white widow plants that are just under two weeks into flowering, and they're sitting at about 12-14'' tall. I also have a bag seed plant I started probably a full two weeks AFTER my white widows. The thing is, that bag seed plant is just as, maybe even taller than my other three... What's even crazier is that bag seed plant is currently in a pot that's MAYBE 1/2 gallon size! The others are in 3 gallon pots, and are the same size(at least in height, I've LST'd the other three).

Basically, DON'T transplant to early!!! I know this is obvious information to a lot of you vets on here, but like me I'm sure there are a few out there who've made the same mistake as I have.

The white widows went from the seedling pots I had (about half the size of a solo cup) straight to their final resting place, which were 2 gallon pots... What's even worse is that I remember the soil crumbling to pieces when I repotted them... They weren't nearly ready enough to be transplanted...So when they went into their new homes and I saw the explosive growth I was ecstatic. But after a few weeks their growth slowed almost to a crawl. I saw roots coming out of the drainage holes but thought nothing of it (stupidly listening to voices on the internet rather than listening to my plants). It's almost like you don't wanna give your plants TOO much free space...They will take advantage of it fast.

Long story short If I had waited long enough for there to have been a decent sized root ball in the first pot and then transplant, I wouldn't have had to make an emergency transplant 10 days into flowering when I could've easily killed them. Not sure if it'll make much difference in my yield this late in the game but better safe than sorry!

Last thing I wanna mention because I haven't seen much on the subject. I'm going to be starting my next grow in the red solos... but inserting a clear solo inside the red will make it easier to see root development... while keeping the roots hidden from light...Just make sure the drainage still work properly going through two cups.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

7. 4 weeks into flower

IMG_20141218_125908.jpg
    IMG_20141218_125932.jpg
    IMG_20141218_125942.jpg
    IMG_20141218_130006.jpg
    IMG_20141218_130042.jpg

8. Great looking plants AW!

9. Day 28

Attached Files:

10. Finally got my new buckets/pots into the flower room, it is going to be a big change from 30 small plants to 10 biggins

Attached Files:

11. #11171 CareGiver420, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
    5 weeks vegg! Do they look healthy to you and avg or larger in size for there age ?! Was planning 2 more weeks in veg.
    About 1 ft long in height of main stem

Attached Files:

12. Not sure whats up but every time I upload a picture I pick best and it reformats my picture and it looks like trash😢

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419387191.319718.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419387210.454531.jpg

Sent from OuterSpace using Grasscity Forum

13. Vegged for 4 weeks, now in week 6 flower
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419465377.088969.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419465389.046137.jpg

Week 3 bagseed indica 12/12 from seed
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419465420.545349.jpg

Week 5 indica bagseed 12/12 from seed
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419465464.151171.jpg

14. Here is what coming down here next at C.A.L.M. 3 ish weeks left did some defoliation on and made some bubble hash. Also have the next two cycles going but no pics right now

It's more afgooey and a few nycd again by the way

Attached Files:

15. You made bubble hash from fan leaves? Im interested, pictures of my fairly well vegetated plant are above

Could you explain the process you go through with the leaves? do you let them dry? Put in freezer?

16. Don't dry them and freeze them in the freezer. I also added about a quarter oz dried bud aswell. But yeah the rest was stems , water leaves and some sugary shit that was in the way also. I will post pics when I get it it's at the site right now it's pretty green but basically for free so I like it. I just used the ice hash bubble bucket method . deffenitly going to do a real run soon. Like the fithth to be exact

17. Week three into flowering of my first grow, and I couldn't be happier! I've run into every possible problem, including having to transplant (And cut a good 1/3 of the roots off) a week into flower, but I can see the crystals and pistils coming in nicely!

I've given up trying to fix the burning/dying leaf problem. There are WAY too many things it could be and unfortunately not enough time to figure it out. It's either some kind of nute problem, or they're just old leaves dying off...

Any comments suggestions would mean a lot. Thanks!!!

Attached Files:

18. Week 6 Candy Jack OG ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419642045.903921.jpg

19. #11179 eurobb, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
    Decided to share my 5 weeks old little girls, AUto Vertigo from Paradise Seeds, Big Bud from Sensi Seeds  and Afghan Skunk from Advanced Seeds. Both feminized as been topped in every branch at 3.5 week age and all of them have been LST'ed from around week 2, getting ral bushy. Never had plants looking this healty. I'm using 400W HPS Agrolite and BioBiz Nuts, BioHeaven, BioGrow, BioBloom and TopMax. 
    Hope to hear some opinions. Thanks guys. 

Attached Files:

20. wow this thread blew up