Fox Farm Sledgehammer - which method do you use it ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by marylandsniper8, Jan 11, 2011.

1. The key is to prevent salt build up 21st per gal water every 4 to 6 weeks let dry follow up via Feading so forth so on

2. I have also been contemplating using sledgehammer to flush out excess salts after using the beasty blooms. So far I have not. What I did last time was mix up some water slightly alkaline around 7.5 to 8 and then ran that through and flushed with about 3 more gallons of tap water. This seamed to help some with the otherwise rapid yellowing I get from using the beasty blooms.

Back in agriculture class our ag teacher said to flush salts with just a plain unscented dish soap (like a drop or two per gallon), which is of course a surfactant. I learned in later years our ag teacher was an old cropper.

In truth I do not like the beasty blooms as it always seams to cause very rapid yellowing, however it might just be the way I mix my soil.
    I have been trying to figure a way to encorperate it without unwanted negative effects.

3. I have fox farms entire line up for hydro and I only use it for final flush and cleaning of my hydro pellets works great for salt build up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. I used sledgehammer with the same results as above. Serious deficiencies one to two days later

5. How do you do the flush with the sledge hammer reding all this has me a lil nervous

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I am in soil, I flush a couple days before repot in veg every 3 to 4 weeks, and every 3 to 4 weeks in flower. I usually do about 1 gallon with sledgehammer, wait an hour, then rinse with 2 gallons ph'd water in 5 to10 gallon pots. I just did a final and went with 2 gallons w/sledgehammer 3 gallons ph'd water in 10s. My water is extremely hard so may not be necessary for others to flush as much as I do. In flower I will probably start adding a some nutes to the last gallon of rinse.

It has always worked pretty well for me, it helps to repot a few days after flush in veg, the new soil has everything they need to bounce right back. I haven't experienced any deficiencies in flower but feel I would probably get more yield if I start adding nutes with the last gallon of rinse instead of waiting for the next watering.

• Like Like x 1
  7. So i was about to use this slegehammer for flusing my harvest after reading all this im thinking i should just stick to my good old 6.5 ph tap water. Best bet buy the sounds of this bummer.