Hi, Creator of the "Who here listens to dubstep?" Thread here... just wanted to

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Synergy, Jan 11, 2011.

1. It shouldn't matter. You can still listen to good DubStep. Just because corporate America capitalizes on something doesn't mean people won't still listen to underground stuff.

Hell half the music i listen to isn't even on the radio where i am.

Listen for yourself.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUQjIvYap1U[/ame]

Say what you will. It gets sick.

2. Sounds fucking terrible to me. Half of these snotnosed producers nowadays have no idea where dubstep is coming from. UK Garage and tunes like this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawZn6WUKEg&feature=related[/ame]

3. if theres one thing in life that truly puzzles me its music fans.

the tension on every possible corner in music. every genre every artist... its just stoopid

like why does it bother you that dubstep is being used by someone you dont even care for....

examples

-waaaaah, now every1 is going to hear my precious, sacred, holy, jedi, master jedi, unholy, jesus, my life, DUBSTEp music waaah waaaah.

-waaaaah, now people who dont know shit about music are gonna be abusing my precious, scared, holy, JEDI, master jedi, unholy,jesus,my life DUBSTEp. waaah

waaah waaah

in reality britney spears using dubstep is gonna do wat to your life and your dubstep listening

-you gonna listen to more dubstep? less dubstep? not gonna listen to dubstep at all?

-you gonna be mad at NOOBS for listening to NOOB britney spears? you gonna have fun hating britney and or her fans?

my point is. i dont see the point.

like who cares.

you treat it like its some holy quaran and those bastards just SHIT on your book!

now saying all that
    humans + religion OR music = WACK

4. it dilutes crowds at shows, thats why no one wants this shit to be any more mainstream than it already is...crowds are getting younger and younger and custier and custier, with people like britney spears advertising thse kind of tunes, it gets the genre out to shittier and shittier fans

no one likes kiddies at dubstep shows, all eating drugs for their first time etc etc, being complete idiots

5. Who cares if kiddies start eating drug for the first time? Their gonna do it anyway.

DubStep is DubStep. They won't change it. They'll just change how many people will listen to it. And really, so long as good DubStep is being produced why should you care?

6. ppl will always find ways to make more money

get yours yo.

7. lol u must not go to any dubstep/EDM shows

the crowd is half of the show, if the crowd sucks then the show will probly suck too...thats why it matters...no one wants shows diluted with kids and custy fucks..kids running around on drugs for their first time, dancing all over the place like a mess with no consideration for others around them, throwing up, ODing (seen it multiple times)...its just a bad scene dude, leave it to the heads who have been doing this shit for a long time and know what they are doing

one time at a show i saw some 15-17 year old kid in the bathroom who must have been in a DEEP Khole for his first time or sumting, he was sittin in the stall with the door open, shit literally all over the stall and he was throwing up too, and had that K face thing going on...thats why no one wants kids at shows motherfucker, like i said u must not get out to the club too much

8. No i don't go to many shows in general. I'm not a concert person. Simple as that. And besides, you should go to the show for the MUSIC, not for the people.

9. thought so...dubstep is meant for live music, anything else just doesnt do it justice

and apparently u cant read, whether u wanna believe it or not, half of the show is the crowd, if its a shitty crowd then its probly gonna be a shitty show...ive been to tons of shows with bad crowds and the tunes were good but cuz the crowd sucked the show was just alright bc of that

obviously its about the tunes but the crowd is a huge factor

10. I can read. I just neglected that factor because it's really opinion at this point. You might think the crowd is a big deal. But i don't.

You can say the crowd makes all the difference in the world, and you still wouldn't change my mind. You can call me ignorant and all that who-ha. But at the end of the day, your just someone behind a computer.

11. That shit was hot.

12. and your just a inexperienced concert go'er who doesnt know what they are talking about lol

this is not opinion, its literally a fact, but u wouldnt know that because u dont know shit about going to shows, clearly haha

13. Yes because someone says it's a fact, it has to be.:rolleyes:

And if i don't know what I'm talking about, why bother trying to educate me? Oh yes, thats right, because you actually care when someone has a different opinion other than yours. Go do your drugs at the shows your soon to be hating. Your the only one who will care.

14. lol its not an opinion child...can u read?

the fact of the matter is that the crowd can make or break a show...but what the fuck do u know? obviously nothing lol...ur just making an ass out of yourself at this point lol...just admit u know SHIT about shows, cuz anyone reading this thread knows that its pretty obvious

imgaine ur at a dubstep/EDM show...where everyones supposed to be dancing and getting the fuck down, except no one is doing that, everyones standing around doing nothing, just watching, while ur the only one who wants to rage their face off and dance and go crazy...that show is gonna suck no matter how good the music/setlist is. if u cant agree with this then u are simply being stubborn lol, and showing your lack of concert etiquette/experience

think about it this way, i go to 2-3 shows a month....u never go to shows...who knows more? LOL

all u have displayed in this thread is your lack of knowledge on concert going...and its funny to see u still TRY to defend your "opinion" LOL

15. All you have shown me is what can be acquitted to opinion. You have not shown me one "fact" that the crowd can make or break a show. And really if i were to go to a show and just chilled and not many people were on the dance floor, would it matter to me? No, because a part of the show is chatting with people and actually communicating. Not just tripping your face off and dancing till your legs are jelly.

I find it to be a matter opinion. You don't. Leave it at that. If you think your right, why should you have to prove it? Give me one good reason why you should continue to try and prove yourself correct.

16. #37 RageDoses, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011

LO-fucking-L...exactly what i thought

inexperienced concert go'ers and their silly "opinions"....pffffffffffffft

and wanna know why u wouldnt care if no one was on the dancefloor? cuz u dont go to shows and dont understand what they are really like and what goes on there, u obviously have no idea...i mean u even said something about if theres no one on the dancefloor? like are u serious? why would no one be in the front? lol dude go to some shows, only then will u realize how fucking stupid your "arguement" is lol

just stop makng an ass out of yourself dude...just leave this thread and dont come back, keep your dignity lol

EDIT - just realzed u said something about how a show is somewhat about communicating to random people and "actually communicating" once again proving u dont know anything about concert going and dubstep, which is the main genre were talking about here

at any normal dubstep show, the music is so fucking loud u cant hear shit other than the music...ur supposed to talk over that shit and have a conversation and not listen to the music or pay attention to the show? LOL...if u wanna say something to ur friend u have to talk RIGJT in their ear, thats how loud any normal dubstep show is, but obviously u wouldnt know haha

once again...ur inexperience shows

17. Lulz, what dignity? You apparently took it all by proving me wrong. And just cause i don't go to shows doesn't mean i haven't. I've been to 1 rave in my life. I didn't see what was so awesome about it. I really didn't And it's kinda funny how you keep insulting me when i'm atleast TRYING to be civil about this. I might be making a fool of myself for defending my "opinion" stance, but your making a douche out of yourself by not being mature enough to actually explain why your point is valid and shit.

Have fun at your raves. I'll stay home with some buddy and laugh my ass off at some Cheech and Chong.

18. good, your obviously not ready for EDM shows anyways...have fun sitting in your room watching TV while im out at raves and clubs, raging my face off, getting with girls, and enjoying life

and im not a douche im just telling you (the noob) what is and isnt true...but even if i am a douche i wouldnt care haha

whats even funnier than me insulting you, is you acting like u know what your talking about LOL

19. Thats cool. You enjoy life in the fast lane. Imma enjoy life in the chill lane.