The Official "How does that make you feel?" Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by blip420, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Share one of your favorite quotes and let the following poster explain how it relates to them or how they perceive it. More abstract quotes may be explained or interpreted, but only by the following poster, not the original poster.

Let me start [​IMG]

"Life is but a series of repetitions coloured by the palette of our emotions."

Something I picked up from a fellow blade.

Peace & Love

2. This thread makes Me feel vulnerable..

3. ...huh?

4. I'll get it going again, I like this idea...

I like that quote, I think our emotions do change our perception of every event without a doubt. But, I also think every event is new and unique in and of itself, regardless of the similarities it shares with other events. Even the slightest variation in an event can completely change its nature. Considering there are a billion things happening around you at any moment it's rare that it's the same billion things very often.

Here's mine:

"In most of our human relationships, we spend much of our time reassuring one another that our costumes of identity are on straight"

5. This is, honestly, one of the most true statements I've heard, as well as one of the most overlooked attributes of my character. For example I love my girlfriend, but how many times is it necessary to say "I love you" in a day? I must reiterate those words ten or twenty times from when I wake up until I go to bed. I feel like in a way, it keeps me close to her. Like it refills the certainty. But in another way, it feels like every time I say it diminishes in importance. I think we should all let our words be proof of our intentions in action and not let our actions be proof of our intentions in words. Its hard to lie with actions.

6. Uhmmmmmm...
    No fresh quote at the end of your post:confused_2:

7. For healthy mental and emotional growth, we need a gentle, skillful, balanced approach, avoiding extremes. If we are becoming arrogant and self-important, the antidote is to think about our own problems and sufferings, to bring us down to earth. But if we are feeling overwhelmed, discouraged, helpless and depressed, it's important to reflect on our positive qualities or achievements to uplift our minds.

8. Didn't Monty Python make a song covering that:confused_2:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ"]YouTube - Always Look On The Bright Side of Life[/ame]

Can't quite think of a proper quote ATM:(

So here's a little something to ponder...
    When you think your right........
    Look left;)

9. Balance is whats needed in life. This seems like a way to manipulate your emotions to effect your ego, so arrogance or worthlessness doesn't overtake you.

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think."
    - Jean de la Bruyere

10. #11 Soul Asylum, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
    "Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think."
    - Jean de la Bruyere 

I take this as meaning that if you actually think about it, life isn't at all serious...we're infinitely minute compared to the universe, and our life's are so incredibly short...so just try and enjoy it instead of getting completely hung up on whatever problems you may be having. Our lives are in our own hands so why stress everything.

-----

"We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness - and call it love - true love." - Robert Fulghum

11. "We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness - and call it love - true love." - Robert Fulghum

I guess that this to me, would be a good quotation for a wedding party. I'm not in love right now, so it doesn't speak to me in any particular way. It might give me a little hope that there is someone out there whose weirdness is compatible with mine, but mostly it just makes me want to punch someone in the face. Mainly because I spend a lot of time convincing myself that I don't need a man to be happy and then quotations like these, however briefly, make me rethink it. You have to love oneself before you can love another.

[​IMG]

12. I started a thread just like this a long time ago. Its in my sig

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta