Started 5 seeds on November 20th using Stylez1877's method: http://forum.grassci...tion-420-a.html
The story so far:
Seed 1: Came out in 24 hours and was planted on Nov 22nd. Used a red party cup topped with a plastic bag which was removed once soil was broken about 3 days later on the 25th.
Seed 2: Basically the same as seed one except the seed didn't sprout for 36 hours so it's about 2 days behind number 1.
Seed 3: Sprouted in 36 hours. Planted in red party cup, started to send out a tap root and died. Perhaps from too little moisture, was tented but not sure. (DEAD)
Seed 4: Sprouted in 48 hours. Planted in red party cup but didn't break soil after 7 days. Lightly uncovered seed to find a long taproot that had partially coiled around the seed head. Gently adjusted the little sprout and re-covered. Soil broke 24 hours later. Basically it's a week behind Seed 1 and 2.
Seed 5: Never sprouted from seed. Tried soaking in water and water with a bit of hydrogen peroxide, in the end I even split the seed a bit and soaked it but once I opened it all the way it was just white mush. (DEAD)
The seeds were all started under a 65W Silvania Spot-Gro that I got at Lowes.