Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

1000 watt mh/hps yeild, how much?

• Please log in to reply

StonedPilot

StonedPilot

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
I was wondering how I could get the best yield from a 1000 watt light and how much can I expect... I'm an outdoor grower so this is all new to me... should I grow big plants? should I sog? should I scrog? low stress training? help me out here plz

mrgoodsmoke

mrgoodsmoke

community organizer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 8,425 posts
I would grow like 4 big ones at a time, and I mean big as shit. You should be able to get a good amount of bud off that light. Nothing to worry about there, but it's hard to say exactly how much because there are so many variables. One thing's for sure, you do 4 plants under a 1000 watt light and it wont be light that's holding you back.

StonedPilot

StonedPilot

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

I would grow like 4 big ones at a time, and I mean big as shit. You should be able to get a good amount of bud off that light. Nothing to worry about there, but it's hard to say exactly how much because there are so many variables. One thing's for sure, you do 4 plants under a 1000 watt light and it wont be light that's holding you back.

See I have 13 strains I want to try... and 25 plants(4 strains) growing now... from seed so only half would be female I have a small 8/8 log cabin I can grow in could I get a better production If i do the place over in mylar or tin foil and try a bunch of plants in 3 gallon pots... I also have a 400 watt mh/hps i could put to use...

Merciless

Merciless

no idea whats goin on

• Registered Upgraded
  • 392 posts

I was wondering how I could get the best yield from a 1000 watt light and how much can I expect... I'm an outdoor grower so this is all new to me... should I grow big plants? should I sog? should I scrog? low stress training? help me out here plz

I might be wrong, but from my calculations the optimal 1000 watt setup for yield would be 16 plants in 12'' pots for a coverage of 4x4', aiming for at least 2oz per plant in that setup, you're pretty much guaranteed to get a pound per light
http://forum.grassci...BEBkoIECg qgQA7

406whitewidow

406whitewidow

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thats about right. I get a 1/1\2 per 1000 watt... Just four plants

phishpahn1995

phishpahn1995

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
You should pull more then 2 zips a plant. If i didnt get 10 a plant i would be upset.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users