Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How to make glycerin based tincture using fine ISO or BHO oil

• Please log in to reply

VIavatar

VIavatar

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok sorry for starting a new thread but i have searched many forums and found that there is simply too many discussions about the subject, that just don't talk about the details of making glycerin tincture with OIL.
Now i have never made one mylsef but i am in the process and i would like to know if anyone has had any success with make a potent batch. I need to know how many grams of hash oil i need per ml of glycerin and what is the best method to dissolve the oil in the glycerin i have read that people have tryied mixing alcohol and glycerin to speed up the process but then how do you get the liqour out? or putting it in the oven at about 150 degrees f(glycerin boils at abou 450c i think) with a covered top but that sounds a little weird. Or will the oil just dissolve if i leave it for long enough shaking it every now and then.

My goal = make the most potent tincture known to man and knock myself out

VIavatar

VIavatar

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
bump bump

VIavatar

VIavatar

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
and dont point me to wildwills or any other forum been there read that doesnt answer my specific questions

flutterbi

flutterbi

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
the beat way i have found to make glycerin tincture using iso hash is to get the hash as fine as you can 1gram hash to 2oz glycerin put it in a jar together fill a pan half full with hot water then put the jar in pan of hot water put it on the stove on low shake it every once in a while after three hours take off stove shake and put in dark place over night do the hot waterthing again for one more day strain.

VIavatar

VIavatar

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
finaly, thank you. So 1 g of fine iso hash for 2 oz glycerin eh so if i put any more then that it is gonna be waste??

BOYD3025

BOYD3025

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Man this is exactly what I am doing. I made a Tincture with veggie glycerine and about 15grams of ground up weed in a crockpot over 24hrs. It came out nice but it is not very strong at all. So now I have a little bit of BHO and I want to k ow how to blend it with the glycerine. I am vaporizing it in an e cig.

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

• rooster1369 likes this

BOYD3025

BOYD3025

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
After I bake it for the 4-6 hrs, do I strain it out or leave the material in before I let it sit for the three weeks?

BOYD3025

BOYD3025

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Also, should I transfer it out into another container like a clear jar? Or should I just leave it in the small Pyrex dish that I used for the oven?

Basically what I am doing is a small test batch. I started with the batch that I already came out with(the one that is not strong enough). I only used 1oz of glycerine and 4.5 grams of good bud. I have followed your tutorial thus far. I have finished baking it for 5 hrs at 195°. I stopped the baking 3 times to mix and smash the material. I have removed my Pyrex dish and put it on my shelf.

BOYD3025

BOYD3025

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Is it an issue using the already once heated and finished glycerine? I definitely cannot tell by the color if it has extracted essential oils or not. Because it was already that dark amber color to start with.

BOYD3025

BOYD3025

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
I will be using only BHO hash oil after Dec 10th. That is after I get a lot of material.

BOYD3025

BOYD3025

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
So I ran another batch of BHO through with a small amount (15grams). I got back a solid 3grams of BHO in first runs only. And now I am in the process of trying to make the glycerine and the BHO to become what Bad Kitty describes as "bioavailable". Apparently this takes quite a bit of time. Maybe I put in too much hash oil. I use 2.5 grams of BHO to 2 ounces of glycerin. After about 4 hours of gentle heating, cooling, and agitating, the BHO has dissolved only a little. The glycerine has changed color slightly. Am I doing this right?

BOYD3025

BOYD3025

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
By the way, Bad Kitty is the shit! You rock and thank you so much for all of your expert knowledge.

BOYD3025

BOYD3025

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
I could still use some answers or input on mu questions posted. Can anybody help?

BOYD3025

BOYD3025

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Can anyone share how they break down the BHO into the glycerine? Is there an easier way without using lecithin? I intend to use the end product in an e-cig. Any help or input would be appropriated. Thanks.

BOYD3025

BOYD3025

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Hello...?

Guanohappenz

Guanohappenz

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
How's it been going for you? I'm in the same boat just filled with questions....well not really I jut want empty cartridges for my fusion pen so I can add my own oil to it

MurkyMurk

MurkyMurk

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yea whats up people?

Who have some answers?

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts