Bubble Cloner problems. :mad:

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by carnival, Jan 6, 2011.

1. So I made this bubble cloner and I don't know why it wont work. I started them on 12.28.10 and no growth, I check and adjust ph and it stays between 5.8-6.3 and the water temp is 73.4 and there is some sort of clear sludge look at pics oh and some of it is hotglue u should be able to tell. :mad:

Attached Files:

2. Give it time. I had some that took almost two weeks once.

3. What about the goo? Oh and Im using Hydrogen peroxide. 32.7ml every 3-4 days.

4. Why peroxide in the cloner? To get rid of the goo?

Any time any of my stuff gets gooey, I just empty it all out, bleach the shit out of everything, then rinse it all out, make sure to wipe all the cracks and crevices really good and start over. I dunno if you need that dome, and try a few drops of superthrive in there or something like that if you got it.

5. Peroxide helps prevent bad things from what Iv read, and adds oxygen. I have no super thrive :(. I feel like I am doing everything correctly.

6. #6 mrgoodsmoke, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2011

I wouldn't worry about the peroxide as a preventative thing. Plus the amount of oxygen it adds is probably negligible. Just keep em in clean water w/ maybe a tiny, tiny, tiny amount of some kinda veg nutes, (like so little that you don't even think it'll make a difference), and keep giving them light and time, and inevitably w/ the right ph and temps those bastards will grow roots. Patience is a bitch. I've been watching 2 seeds uncurl and try to sprout for 4 days, and while they're definitely moving, it's making me want to scream at them to go faster.

7. The sludge is on the stems also and the cuttings look like poop. How often do you change your water?

8. I just changed it once or twice. Maybe get those water temps down just a little, and make 100% sure that no light is getting in to your water and shit should stop growing in the res.

9. Iv read that alot of people run there's 75-80 degrees? Is chlorine really that big of a deal?

10. Water too hot, or light in the bucket = funkness.

When you say chlorine, do you mean just using tap water instead of RO filtered water?

Alot of people swear by the whole filtered water thing. Personally, I think tap water can be ok in some circumstances. For instance, my city is known to have like one of the top 10 best public water systems in America. My shit comes out of the faucet fresh and crystal clear, top to bottom, and most importantly, consistently around 100 or so PPM, which is pretty low. This means I can add plenty of nutes, and keep the PPMs at a level that the plant will be comfortable with.

Now if your water is from a well, or if your city water is not so great, it could be worth the investment to pick up and lug around those jugs of RO water.

11. What temp do you run?

12. To be honest I wasn't that sure. Whatever temp it was in my bathroom. Maybe I got lucky man I dunno. You should look for rumpleforeskin's "let's build a clone machine" thread.....ah fuck it I'll find it.....here ya go....

http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/444974-lets-build-clone-machine-*step-step*.html

That shit's pretty comprehensive. Best of luck man. If it makes you feel better I think I let my 2 seedlings get too cold in the last few days and I'm wondering if they're gonna survive. Wish me luck w/ em.

13. get a water pump $30 and make a spray mist cloner, work sooo much better......