Dippers Anonymous

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by rppd on tr33s, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Just started like a month ago. Got a can of grizzly long cut mint today :)

2. started dippin to get away from cigs because i hated being out of breath from walking up stairs. when i started it was $.79 a can, went on a cross country burn run with my buddy and i couldn't believe how expensive that shit was as soon as we hit the rockies. at that time 2005 prices at home were $.99 a can, in colorado it was $4 a can! in april 2010 in p.a. it was $1.37 a can, at that point in time got laid off and had to move back in with my mom in n.c. and it's $2.10 a can down here. kind of odd that it would cost more in the south. i just think it's funny poeple would rather destroy their lungs instead of their gum line, but to never start in the first place would be best. also how many people can go into walmart or even fly on an airplane while smoking? now i can tell you from first hand experience that i have done all of those with a big ol' healthy chaw in, and nobody ever said jack. plus you don't need to roll down your window to ash or accidentally burn a big hole in your car upholstery or burn your house down. plus nothin beats a chew after milkin the bong.

3. ^it's not just your gums you destroy, it's your mouth, throat, and if you swallow any of the shit your STOMACH and the rest of your digestive tract. I quit smoking cigs because I was sick of the negative health effects and I don't see how replacing one cancer causing habit with another is any better. I live in an area with a very large senior population and the things you see around here are sickening. People missing parts of their jaws and faces, using voice boxes, holes in their necks etc... all from tobacco. Scary shit...get away from it now while it's not too late people...

4. well then it's a good thing that the oils of the cannabis plants cure cancers. one of the main reasons it is illegal is because the govt can make more money off it being illegal and don't have to shell out for ss payments. i mean they even have a patent on extracting the oils. for those who just think i am a conspiracy nut like most just google patent #6630507.

5. dude get the fuck out of here if you are just gonna preach us something we already know. We enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it, then GTFO.

6. I'm sorry for having an opinion. No need to be a dick.

7. This this this this this.. This.

8. #48 BlowTreeAllDay, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
    I used to do it occasionally, but that shit makes me sick

And it's bad as fuck for you. You can get cancer in just a couple years of use

9. It's not like most people think it is. Once you have been chewing for a while it's not a problem anymore. At the moment, i'm sitting here with a nice chaw of grizz straight. I've had it in for an hour or so, and haven't spit. If my mouth gets a little nasty, I have a drink. Once you get the hang of it though, it;s really not that bad at all. Hell, I have a grandfather that throws in a dip, puts in a refresher every 15 minutes or so, and then swallows the whole wad when hes finished, without ever spitting. Now that's a bit intense:eek:

10. used to dip alot actually. On a good week a tin would last me around 2-3 days. I always went for the skoal flavors, or grizzly when i didnt have money. I tried timberwolf and cope a couple times too

11. Snus Frost while I'm at work only or on the boat fishing

12. #52 JimmyHoward, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2011
    I started dipping in the military when I couldn't smoke. In that environment almost as many people dip as smoke.

Until I dipped in the military, It never even crossed my mind, but it's actually more popular than you might think. The trick is that you don't always see it. Sure, there's always some redneck walking around with a dip bottle in hand (Guilty, I've done it), but most people dip to be discreet.

Now I only dip on planes, during movies, etc....situations where I can't smoke, and certainly not if I'm near a girl. But I started in Basic training where smoking was forbidden, and continued in Iraq where I spent a lot of time on night operations, and I just couldn't smoke all night long.

It's actually healthier for you than smoking, though it's far harsher on your mouth. Instead of lung cancer, you only get mouth cancer :)

But for real though, it is slightly healthier than smoking, but it tends to have a worse effect on blood pressure (Dippers tend to consume more nicotine, but no harmful smoke, etc.)

It's an acquired taste in my opinion. I always have a can of Dip with me, I just VERY rarely do it anymore.

------------

For those wondering, I've dipped a million times, but whenever I take a break and dip again I cannot swallow it. But, eventually you build a tolerance to it. In basic I learned to swallow it, because if you get caught with it you are fuuucked. It took a while, but eventually it was no problem. When I dip now I "spit" into a bottle or container, because if I swallow it I get sick.....you have to build up a tolerance to swallowing it.

Unfortunately, swallowing it is really bad for you. But very tolerable for an experienced dipper. Literally, you just build a resistance. Even when I swallowed though because I literally could not afford to spit, I still drank a shit ton of water, and arizona tea to wash it down.

*Shrug* Guess you gotta do it to understand it....but isn't that all things in life :)

Cope Straight, or Skoal Wintergreen if I'm feeling trendy :) I don't like chew much, and snuff pisses me off, but I'm down for a good straight long cut. :) If you don't dip, you probably think I just spoke Japanese :)

13. Eww. I did a survey (Well conducted, worked for a market research firm) on that about 10 years ago when they first came out with Snus, before it was on the market. It was Sooooo horrible. I trust the fact that almost every survey I conducted on it, had people tell me it made them gag. To even do the survey you had to be a former, or current dipper, so it wasn't shwags doing the survey. Everyone hated that shit.

I trust they made it better.....since it was almost a decade ago when I conducted that survey :)

14. #54 JimmyHoward, Jan 21, 2011
    Esophageal cancer, and mouth cancer are common with dip. Both are deadly. I don't know...if you're choosing your drugs based on which one kills you slower though.....perhaps you should rethink priorities :)

It doesn't have a higher rate of death than Cigarettes though. Roughly about the same, as most tabacco related deaths are heart and blood pressure related. Cigs add the lung complications, from the big media hog Lung cancer, down to chronic bronchitis, and emphysema. Dip tends to lead more likely to mouth cancer, tooth decay, and esophageal cancer/ulcers.

Six, half dozen bro. Everything inevitably kills you.

As far as cancer acceleration rates...........they aren't really any more accelerated in dip users than in smokers. Some will never get anything. Some will get something after a decade.

You have genetics, and habits to blame.....more than the drug itself.

An argument of "It causes cancer" is almost void to me, because you could argue that eating food causes: Obesity, Choking, and Death.

The leading cause of choking is eating food.

The leading cause of death in America second to Tobacco is poor health and obesity, which food causes.

-------

If you want to take that stance, perhaps we should ban food too. It would minimize choking, and if we could just insert a tube into our stomachs, and apply a pouch of liquid food a few times a day, we could easily solve obesity, and choking :)

Down with the food!!!!!!! Leading cause of choking in America!!!! Risk mitigation!!!!

No more smoking, drinking, marijuana use, food.....I think someone slipped and hit their head on the toilet once....so peeing as well....should go into that category of potentially deadly things.

Ban em all, I say :)

15. everyone dies bro, even the healthiest vegans who exercise and take growth hormones

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWvFzqkhl8Y]YouTube - Doug Stanhope Died Right On Time[/ame]

16. #56 JimmyHoward, Jan 21, 2011
    The vegans, are convinced they won't die :)

So it makes me laugh when they do :)

Actually, I laugh hardest when they do :)

Don't worry people who are offended, you can laugh when I die. Hell, we'll make a sitcom of it.

17. Haha I remember I did the same thing. Didnt push it far enough back and got busted. The teacher actually ended up dippping himself, I got let off the hook that time.

18. Well I usto dip Skol Berry Blend then switched to Cope Long Cut and some plug and then quit for years. The other day I snagged a can of Skol Peach and I am enjoying this shit way too much. Im almost finished with this can after 4 days so I dont use it constantly but Im gonna have to keep it that way. Just get a can one in a while so I dont get hooked again. Fuck nicotine is the devel in plant form!:mad:

19. I would not suggest dipping around girls...99% turn off...

20. Ive been dipping about 1-2 times a day for a solid 8 years... Started out in high school cause of the older guys on my team. then i just kept doing it... Try to limit the amount i do and I still to this day get buzzed everytime i dip. My go to chews are
    Copenhagen Long cut or pouches
    Kodiak
    Gizzley, longcut or pouches...
    I started off with Skoal mint, went through all the flavors and then moved on...