GC Suicide....Ask an Ex-Cop.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by budlover13, Dec 28, 2010.

1. What are my rights when there is a police check point?

Your rights are damn near non-existent in the minds of the officers running the checkpoint. I assume you are referring to a DUI checkpoint. In that case,  there are so many different things to consider that I can't even begin to cover them all. Smell of alcohol? The officer's statement as to bleary, red, bloodshot eyes. The officer's level of experience at identifying impaired drivers. Whether or nor you ARE impaired.Etc.

2. Gonna go off on a slight tangent here folks.

WHY is nobody in the US seeing that by striking Syria the US is going to be supporting Al-Qaeda and their more radical arm, Al-Nusra?

We told the entire Middle East that they are either with us (opposing terrorist forces) or against us (supporting terrorist forces). So Syria, by fighting Al-Qaeda/Al-Nusra, supported our "War on Terror" and are getting bombed for doing so?

DAMN it people!

3. That's the US for ya. I am of the thinking that the US will use less powerful yet slightly useful nations for their benefit, then when either the use has been fulfilled or the country in question decides to stop cooperating because of other political stances, the US takes action to make it look like the victim or are acting on behalf of human rights or in this case, war crimes. I don't doubt that the US had something to do with the chemical bombs to make it look like our enemy had something to do with it, which they may have carried it out but the plan was hatched by some agency here to get the ball rolling to start another Mediterranean gulf.

4. As I am just starting my deliveries this morning, I start to pull out of a small square of houses with one entrance which has a stop sign. I made the full stop and good thing I did cuz a cop was right there coming down the street. So I sit there for a good 8 seconds just staring at this cop cuz he stopped too but he didn't have to cuz he had no sign. I even waved at him like a "after you" kind of move and I waited another 5 or so seconds then I went. Then he proceeded to follow me a little more and into another block of houses but I went out another exit that ends up meeting with the way I went in and sure enough he had turned around and started facing me by the time I got back around. Keep in mind this is literally within a minute and a half. Then I turn left down another street and that's when he lit me up. He saw my papers and made the connection but he said that my activity looked suspicious going thru the neighborhood like i was. Didn't get a ticket but he ran my name and whatever and said that I am supposed to signal my turns.

I am wondering tho if that would be considered harassment because I had been sitting at that stop sign for as long as I did and he just waited for me to get in front of him basically so he could follow me and wait for me to do something I wasn't supposed to. I get that he was looking for suspicious activity cuz I had made a call to report some people had their windows smashed last week which I found out later that the whole city has had people getting their shit vandalized but I think he was about crossing a line there. What's your take?

5. No harassment imo. No legally recognized harassment anyhow.

6. I know it's kind of hard for you to say, but do you think the cops insurance policy would cover this? I don't want to sue but 2-3000 for my car is kind of needed. Insurance isn't covering anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I-hit-a-pedestrian
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1251867-I-hit-a-pedestrian

Sorry had to copy it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. What are you saying you think he wasnt real?

9. Do you mean wasn't real, as in, i was talking to this little girl but it turned out she died where i was 5years ago or something? That would be damn crazy...

10. BudLover is discribing a momment in his life where he kinda is second guessing himself,
    almost as if he were asking forgiveness, and is sorry for what happened to that man.
      Don't feel Bad, you actually tried to help and instead of arresting him you chose to let him walk,
    what he did after that was not your fault, maybe a communication misunderstanding, thats all.
    Do not blame yourself
    Life Happens........................................

11. i really don't know if the insurance would cover it or not. All you can do is try. They MIGHT be more willing to pay if'n you discuss taking civil action.?

12. Sub

😙💨🌿🔥👌 ✈️✈️✈️

13. Still around after all this time! That's dedication.

14. Sorry couldn't go through 260 pages to see if anyone else has asked this question...but what is the safest place to smoke outside of your own home in an urban environment? Like where would police never think to patrol and check out?

15. Say you pull a guy over with weed in the car and you can smell it. The guy gives you the piece and is like yea i smoked, but he wasn't the driver. You pull everyone out and question the guy who gives you the piece. You ask if he has any priors to which he tells you he has a record but its sealed. Thinking you could convince the guy to give up what he did you tell him you could look it up. So he tells you that he was a minor, and caused 250000 dollars in damage, stole 2 trucks, and stole 15000 dollars worth of stuff. What goes through your head at that moment?

16. hello ex cop, same here. did you smoke while on the job? I never did. I never smoked until I was in a car accident broke my neck and back. Was weird the first time because I was always against it. even tho I never busted anyone for weed. always let them walk.

17. LEAP is great. We have had them at the Philly smoke downs. Still dont like cops.  

18. Been a while so I thought I'd ask how you feel about whatever Supreme Court that is allowing cops to be allowed entry to a home so long as one person gives consent.

Personally I'm feeling very much that it goes against everything the 4th amendment is trying to protect us from.

Basically what happens is that cops show up to a place and it is questionable whether there is something going on but in order to ascertain or investigate further they would need to go inside the house and talk to people, maybe scope it for weapons or drugs. But the cops problem lies in that one person, say the wife says yeah come in, but the man says no warrant no entry. So then they find a reason to arrest the guy like the old fashioned "obstruction" charge.

Now that the guy is out of the way they come back and get in because the wife allows it and he isn't there to prevent them.

What this decision does is just side step that take the guy to jail BS and just let the cops in.

Just out of observation the radio and news stations that talk about this aren't telling people that they still can reverse their decisions before they enter.

But this is just the court straight up saying that they can do this without getting in trouble which gives way too much power.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

19. PA cops no longer need a warrant to search vehicles now.
    Those were the last pieces of the 4th to be dismantled.
    Rights only stay good when people excercise them.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Good man and I respect your honesty.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app