Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Cracked the inside of my bowl; is it still safe to smoke out of?

• Please log in to reply

jimboslyce

jimboslyce

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
So as I was cleaning my bowl I accidentally cracked a bit of the inside of the bowl, right near the actual hole.

Basically, is it safe to smoke out of, or will it explode in my hands?

Flyin'High'

Flyin'High'

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,815 posts
Why exactly would it explode? do you have explosive residue in your pipe? hahahaha.

Are you high right now?

SsmokeWeed

SsmokeWeed

Let's Build

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,428 posts
If you can still get a hit out of it.............................yes.

tidlibitz

tidlibitz

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
the only way it can explode is if it wasint heat treated properly and still has stresses in the stuture of the glass. being chipped if its just a chip then im sure its fine but if its cracked then theres more of a chance of breakage. just be careful and try not to be too rough wit her.

xtully420

xtully420

Dillitant Scientist

• Registered Upgraded
  • 292 posts
i dont think your lighter will increase the heat of your glass vastly within seconds, so it will not explode.. besides its the same thing as having a non cracked bowl.. Your bowl already has a hole in it so if it were too explode now it would have when you first got it.. :( please use logic

jimboslyce

jimboslyce

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
Upon closer inspection, it's a LOT worse than I had thought. It's completely cracked. So... yeah, I'm going to have to put her down.

xtully420

xtully420

Dillitant Scientist

• Registered Upgraded
  • 292 posts
Well, don't put it down because of a chance of exploding, It might crush or beak into pieces in your hand if it's that weak.. I'd try and cover up any cracks on the outside with my hand then hit it.. Mine as well smoke out of it till you get a new one!

SsmokeWeed

SsmokeWeed

Let's Build

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,428 posts
OP's question has been answered. Enough. :o

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users