Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Not Dryed, Need to Stealth Dry

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by tetraweed33, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Hi everybody! I picked up some real nice sticky bud from my dealer the other day (it's about 1 Oz) and it's great and all but the weed is really spongy, and the stems aren't snapping. So i'm pretty sure it wasn't dryed or cured properly also still has a fresh smell, and my dealer did say it was "super fresh" but thats a little too fresh... so im wondering what should I do from here? right now I have it in a mason jar but it shouldnt be curing if it isn't dry, whats a good way to dry the bud and relatively quickly. I do live with my dad so it would have to be moderately secretive, and when I say that...it means he cant FUCKING know! LOL
    -thanks GC :gc_rocks:

2. Freezing would be good, but I guess you can't.
    Is it really sticky? You could try to hang air dry it, if not then i think mason jar is the best way, it might take some waiting..

3. Leave it open everyday for about 20 minutes and move the buds around the jar. Can't help you with the smell!

4. just smoke it :smoking:

5. #5 Iceni Toker, Dec 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2010
    Put it on a hot radiator for 45 mins in a baggie, then take it out and leave it next to an open window for 5 minutes. It should be nice and dry, grind better, smoke better and be a lighter shade of green.

(This method may smell a little, i'd advise opening a window, although I did this with both my parents in the house and they didn't smell anything.) Also if you want this stuff dried quickly, you're gunna have to deal with risking getting caught by your dad somehow.

6. I hate to say this. It'll make it complete shit, but if you need it fast...

Just put in the microwave....... Please shoot me for ever suggesting that. >.<

7. #7 JustnBlaze, Dec 25, 2010
    Ya your buds gonna be pretty fuckin shitty after you quick dry it and ruin it, that is if it already isn't fucked already, take it like a man and dry your bud if ur dad finds out oh well your over 18 right, you can do what you want plus they all find out somehow eventually. But i mean if u dry it it'll prolly give you a mediocre buzz(if the thc has even been made physcoactive enough yet) with a awful taste and it'll smell like straight grass (ya the stuff in your yard).

8. This information is useful,thanks!

9. Freezing is the absolute WORST thing you can do to fresh weed, it will totally ruin it, and it isn't really even a good idea for fully cured weed (damages the trichromes). Freezing will also not "dry" the weed in any way. It needs to have time out in the open air to dry out, but of course it will reek if you do that and be an issue at home.

Also, I don't recommend "quick drying" the bud via an oven or microwave, both bad ideas. The best I could say is keep it in the Mason jar and open the jar at least once a day for an hour or two, in a place that won't reek up your house.

10. Thanks everybody this really helped! Yah im gonna try opening up my mason jar in a room in my basement my dad never goes into for 2 hours, after the first hour ill move the buds around ill do this for at least 3-4 days. Any flaws in my plan? Oh i also have some good odour remover or odour masker so smell isnt really an issue unless it danks like fuck :p
    merry christmas everyone!!!
    im also thinking of loosely placing a fabric softner on top of the open mason jar to further cover the smell. Would doing this permenantly change the bud's smell in the future?

11. I wouldnt do the fabroc softener thing idk about yours but mine have little particles thay fall of them u dont want that in your weed

12. #12 RobertHope, Dec 25, 2010
    ^You know weed loses more then half of its fresh weight whens its dryed? I think your dealer is a grower and riped you off. Now i know somtimes dank can be "fresh" but they way you make it sound (stems aint snaping) its still wet and u proably payed alot of money for some water weight.

13. I meant to put it in a jar, then put the jar in the freezer.
    Sorry for any confusion, lol

14. Fuck I know...where I live im lucky to even get that. Everyone here are fucking snakes when it come to sellin if u buy an ounce worth instead of getting 28 Grams you'll be lucky to get 22G's. Thats why I'm gonna start growing because I wanna be fair and I cant when people don't give me the right deals. :mad:
    but wateva i got what i got, now i needa make it the best that i can make it with the time and space i have. buh thanks anyways ;)

15. I heard there was dank around Ontario.

Ya, fuck your dealer. Find someone who isn't an amateur and gets access to good bud that's ready to smoke.

16. I know man Ontario does have some nice bud but a lot of people dont respect the plant. I love weed and I love everything it stands for and all the love it brings (no homo) but so many people here just abuse it for profit, it's quite sickening :mad:

17. Get 2 paper bags, cut one into a bunch of little even strips. Put a layer of buds in the other bag, cover with the paper strips, then another layer of buds. Do this until you are done with bud and cover with strips leave it in your closet for a few days to dry and lights off, light degrades thc content.

18. okay once my dad goes back to work ill try this ^
    Will my weed because it's in a mason jar degrade because it has not been properly dried yet? I can probably properly start slow drying it the proper way in about a week.

19. If it's not properly dried, then thc content should be the last of your worries, you first need to deal with the high risk for mold and drying it too fast or overdrying. I would just leave the buds in the jar but burp them a lot and remove them every once in awhile until they are fully dried.

20. Im from Ontario.. The mediocre buds here is probobly Master Kush.. Which is great shit. Im currently smoking Grand Daddy Purp 40$ a Q