Hip hop is kinda like religion...which one are you?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by cannonrock33, Dec 25, 2010.

1. #41 Helikaon, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012
    Half backpacker, half "I like what I like".

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a snob when it comes to hip-hop (well, all music really) and I definitely look down on the mainstream (Hov, Drake et al) and prefer underground rappers. But I'm also a total whore for an amazing beat and I don't mean just technically amazing, just any sound that I like, which leads to me loving something like Swagger Like Us. But the vast majority of hip-hop that I listen to would be considered underground (i.e. dead prez).

2. idk if this is true everywhere but i know in my area most people that think radio hip hop nowdays is good never listened to hip hop until the early 2000s.

the people i know who like old school and underground grew up on hip hop in the 90s. or they're metal heads who like music that has lyrics with deep meaning not a bunch of nonsense that sounds the same.

3. i'M ON THAT DUMB SHYT

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5rK9GCBl1M]WiZ KHALiFA & RiFF RAFF - DUMB SHYT - YouTube[/ame]

4. Im a technician

5. #45 Slater 420, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2012
    G Funk has always been the one for me
    Any hip hop from the 80s and 90s is perfect for me, don't mind some stuff nowadays but its very rare, everything is too commercial and boring as fuck

edit:
    In all seriousness what is the obsession people have with wiz khalifa etc? Im not trying to hate on them or anything but i downloaded wiz's discography and deleted all the songs i considered shit, i had about 160 songs and kept about 20 which sparked my interest, mainly because of the beat like the kid frankie, he's not bad but i genuinely don't see why his fan base is so big, hes no different than anyother rapper nowadays he just talks about fucking weed 24/7

6. I can understand that, from experience people ive met that were born 1994 and before have similar taste to me, people born in 95+ listen to fucking shit. Its funny how 1 year can make such a big difference. Only built 4 cuban linx, regulate g funk, southernplayalistacadilakmusic (or however the fuck its spelt), commons ressurection the list goes on, fucking banging time to grow up, its funny how you compare those albums to todays music... jesus christ, its almost unreal how much everything has changed

7. there should be a group for kids that put other people into groups

8. JMT backpack. Hahaha !

Op you are one funny fella.
    I bet you never even been too a rap show.