How bad would it be in interrupt the dark period in order to water?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RideTheEast, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Im gone on vacation, and when i return Ill have about 30 minutes to water my plants before i need to leave again, so what im wondering is how detrimental will watering my plants during their dark cycle be for them. This sunday will be 2 weeks from 12/12. Seems to me that the need for water will outweigh the bad effects of a darkness interruption. Thanks for your help guys!

2. For one if you Must turn on lights use a green light. however i turn the bathroom light on that is attached to my room with no door on it and nothing reallly bad ever happens however with light things like that you could get seeds but just 30 min 1 time i wouldnt think so i do it all the time.

3. Can you tell me how interrupting the dark period is going to pollinate the plants?

4. he means light leaks in the dark period can cause your plant to hermie which means it will technicly fuck its self lol. but 30 minutes once shouldnt hurt. just make suree after you do to go through her with a fine tooth comb and look for nutsacks

5. yeah thats what i thought. one time thing wouldnt hurt. How soon after should i look for seeds? a couple days or like weeks. Thanks again!

6. i used to water with the door open to let some fresh air get in durin the dark cycle and my plants all hermied, it sucks.
    Dont do it often or else you run a risk of doing the same thing as me

7. What exactly do you mean "2 weeks from 12/12"? Meaning 2 weeks into 12/12, or 2 weeks away from starting 12/12? If you are still in veg then no worries at all to interrupt the dark cycle. If in flower I agree that one interruption probably won't mess up your plants, but you never know for sure how a given strain will react to different stress levels, some plants are more sensitive than others.

8. it started 12/12 two weeks ago. I know that a plant in veg can be interrupted without serious consequences. Id rather take the risk and water the plant than not water the plant and have it go without water for 10+ days. So yeah, im going for it. thanks for the help

9. just have enough light for u to see what the he!! ur doing and 1 time I dont think it will hurt any.good luck though.:D

10. hey toasty does it seem that auto's hermie more than any other or is it femmed
    seeds.or doesnt it matter.
    are reg seeds just as prone to herm as others or are they all the same.just wondering because I always order femmed seeds over regs.
    seems 3 out of 4 of my autos always hermie on me.

11. Im not sure about seeds, but im growing clones and ive been told that clones cant hermie. i dont know that to be true, but ive put a couple plants through some serious stress and they didnt hermie. so if someone knows differently id be interested to hear.

12. It's a bit of a complicated answer. In a broad sense, the various methods of creating feminized pollen all involve stress, so in general it is true that feminized seeds are more likely to hermie. BUT...reputable breeders have applied their time, effort, and resources to creating stable lines of feminized seeds, so when you buy feminized seeds you should see no more tendency to hermie than with regular seeds. I've grown with femmed seeds for years and have never had a hermie. Sounds like you might have a light leak situation.

13. im 1 for 1 with fem seeds

14. I need some help. My cat hit my timer to on at some point this morning. I switched it off again. I have a feminized white widowthat was in flowering. It was on a 12/12 for less than a week but it exploded in growth once.I turned it to bloom. Will it be ok. Someone please help. I am so pissed at my cat. I am turning the light off for 13 hrs. So 6am to 7pm the light will be off. I hope it isnt .ruined. please help. Thanks. 

15. The plant is about three.feet tall and three feet wide and still growing. The plant was showing female parts that we re e just.starting to.show. im so pissed. Its a dense plant and now.I have to go over it with a fine tooth comb. Ugh.little sh$t at. All my hard work. Ugh. It was on becase the closet said 84 when I turned the lights back off and set it for another 13 hours of darkness. UGH. Help

I'll be right over...

17. Lol. Do I have to look for the ball sacks on the plant? When should I start to look? I have duct taped the timer so Franklins Tower wont do it again. Yes we named one of our cats a Grateful Dead song. We are Deadheads. Our other cat is named Snarf after the cat from the 80's cartoon show Thundercats. Lol. Snarf loves to go in the closet and lay down like hes a lion laying in the bush. Lol. Im so pissed. I have two autos in there also so they will be fine. The white widow was my first non auto and I was.doing good. I was going to open up the plant by tieing down some branches so it will be more open and get more blooming sites. UGH. I am a disabled Veteran and I look forward to taking care of my babies everyday so I am hurt. I about teared up when I woke up and saw the lights on and the temp at 84. I had it going off at 10pm.and coming on at 1030. It took me a several days to move the time to a schedual I could do. I dont have an exhaust fan or an intake fan. I just have an oscillating fan and a cracked clost door when the lights are on. I use the grand daddy co2 sheets.thT will do 500+ square feet per sheet. They last 20 days each, but after 10 the ppm start to drop so they say to add one every 10 days and leave the others in. They work awsome. When I have the room door closed as much as it can (since my house settled and the door wont close all the way) and I open it you can feel.the heaviness of the air so I know im getting CO2. They loved it especially my WW. She is so healthy and was.growing an inch plus per day and still is. It should slow down now since the light got in. It was on for a couple hours because of the temp. When the darkness is over the temp is around 75ish. No lower than 73 has the temp dropped during the dark period. I have a small dehumidifier in their because I will have a mold problem when the ww buds. My humidity has been in the 60s to 70s during veg and the beginning of bloom. I am getting a small 5000btu air conditioner for that room because my house ac helps but the room gets warm quick. I have almost replaced every high wattage large cfl, with high output T5s 24 watt bulbs. They give off no heat. I also use 4 uvb bulbs. Two 150s and 2 200s. Both are the highest wattage available. The 150 & 200 are what the bulbs I bought say on them. The higher the number the stronger the bulb. All my buds from my harvests have had more "crystals" on them then my first one that didnt have the uvbs. I heard the plant will produce more "resin" to prtect it from the sun rays. It hasnt hurt them. Its a reptile bulb. Pure uvb. I use these big cataract glasses I got for free. My aunt had surgery years ago and had the glasses and I took them before she threw them away. I have them on a splitter so its two per hanging light. Im getting another 2 foot two bulb t5 fixture with ratchet hangers. I need three more single t5 fixtures for the rest of the right side of my closet. I was thinking about putting two fixtures on the inside of the door so the plants get light 360. We will see. I have not had any challenging things happen during any grow. Its only the third time, but again this is my first non auto. And she is big. The other two autos are different. One is a short bushy with sativa type leaves and the other one(we call it the twin tower since it branched off like a "y") is more indica with theong thin leaves. Both of them are medical grade autos with high cbds. I cant wait to get my card. January is the projected time. It could be earlier, and then the dispensaries will be up and running a year from now. I have heard two or four dispensaries in our state. That would suck if its only two. But I have one plant cut and curing in my curing cabinet. The one good thing about closing the door of the room, it keeps the humidity up so my buds cure right. I have it in a grow box I bought off of Ebay. POS it is. I learned the hard way at first. I cooked $200 in seeds because my heat mat had hot spots and the kind papertowels make a difference also. The recycled ones are the best, non bleached no chemical ones. The brand name ones dont use. I use the 100% recycled ones. I did tear up. It just sucked when I saw the light on. Franklin is a sweet almost two year old cat that is 15lbs and a little nosey brat sometimes. Peace

18. Damn