Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Marijuana tar vs cigarette tar

• Please log in to reply

Canadian Bud

Canadian Bud

• Registered Upgraded
  • 178 posts
How much tar is there in one joint compared to one cigarette? I've heard all types of numbers but have also read that the bud of a cannabis plant contains only 33% the amount of tar as a tobacco plant. Does this mean these comparisons are faulty because they are comparing the leaf of the cannabis plant to the leaf of the tobacco plant even though we smoke the bud?

Sorry if that was confusing haha

Zizzy

Zizzy

Crystal Math

• Bronze Member
  • 2,089 posts

Shipwreck

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,992 posts
I used to smoke a pack a day for about 2 years then I quit.

Tobacco definitely made me cough EVERYDAY whereas marijuana makes me cough everyday from toking. :)

Metropolis

Metropolis

★★★★★★★★

• Registered Upgraded
  • 724 posts
Let me put it like this.
Weed is good.
Cigs are bad.

Now you can live your life with this new found knowledge.

TBird

TBird

Flyin' High

• Registered Upgraded
  • 343 posts
Because there is no filter in a joint there is a lot more tar then there is in a cig. Its not really about the tar content its how much is being inhaled when your talking about health. Regardless of this in the long run a cig will make you cough more.

Edited by TBird, 22 December 2010 - 09:07 PM.

morpheus

morpheus

• Registered Upgraded
  • 682 posts
Well I am fucking high but I will try to explain this shit.

Cannabis does not contain the extra shit that is thrown in cigarettes. Also cannibis is a bronchial dialator, while tobacco constricts them. This means that tar gets stuck in your lungs while you smoke cigs but the tar gets expelled when you smoke weed. Cannibis also is proven to contain things which slow the production of tumors in the lungs.

Basically weed is one of the best things to smoke on this planet, and tobacco is one of the worst.

Zizzy

Zizzy

Crystal Math

• Bronze Member
  • 2,089 posts

wickedjoker

wickedjoker

Reaper of the Reefer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,858 posts
No matter what anyone or anything ever informs you, cigarettes should not be smoked.

Fucking disgusting pointless bullshit.

Sarkons

Sarkons

I'm double jointed

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,566 posts

No matter what anyone or anything ever informs you, cigarettes should not be smoked.

I agree 100%

Skald

Skald

Pot/Metal Head

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,355 posts
i don't know about cigarettes, but there is a shitload of tar in weed. but yeah that sticky stuff is what makes it good. just don't hold the smoke in too long or that black shit covering the inside of your bong will stick in your lungs. :eek:

Wittle Retod

Wittle Retod

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
1 word- VAPORIZE!:hello:

stonerbro00

stonerbro00

• Registered Upgraded
  • 648 posts

Obviously you're not cool or else you'd smoke cigarettes too

MrJamaicanHotbx

MrJamaicanHotbx

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Obviously you're not cool or else you'd smoke cigarettes too

hahaha that made me laugh + rep

DragonMage

DragonMage

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Registered Upgraded
  • 940 posts
Would a bong remove all or most of the tar?

PeaceMan

PeaceMan

Life is just a ride.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,099 posts
US Surgeon General C Everett Koop stated on national television in 1990 that tobacco radiation is probably responsible for 90% of tobacco-related cancers.8 Dr RT Ravenholt, former director of World Health Surveys at the Centers for Disease Control, has stated that "Americans are exposed to far more radiation from tobacco smoke than from any other source.

Theres a few source's but i copied and pasted it from here,
Radioactive tobacco

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users