The Grasscity Magazine Launch

Your new #1 Marijuana Resource, check it out and Disqus(!) Grasscity Magazine, share the love blades!

Marijuana tar vs cigarette tar

• by Canadian Bud
  • Dec 22 2010 08:32 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• Canadian Bud
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:32 PM

How much tar is there in one joint compared to one cigarette? I've heard all types of numbers but have also read that the bud of a cannabis plant contains only 33% the amount of tar as a tobacco plant. Does this mean these comparisons are faulty because they are comparing the leaf of the cannabis plant to the leaf of the tobacco plant even though we smoke the bud?

Sorry if that was confusing haha
Replies (14)

• Crystal Math

• Zizzy
  • Bronze Member
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

Cigarettes have a lot more chemicals than cannabis, including tar itself. Long time smokers cough up more tar than long time tokers for sure. I do both and I cough up gross shit all the time.

• SSV Fanatic

• Shipwreck
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 4,992 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:37 PM

I used to smoke a pack a day for about 2 years then I quit.

Tobacco definitely made me cough EVERYDAY whereas marijuana makes me cough everyday from toking. :)

• ★★★★★★★★

• Metropolis
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:49 PM

Let me put it like this.
Weed is good.
Cigs are bad.

Now you can live your life with this new found knowledge.

• Flyin' High

• TBird
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:03 PM

Because there is no filter in a joint there is a lot more tar then there is in a cig. Its not really about the tar content its how much is being inhaled when your talking about health. Regardless of this in the long run a cig will make you cough more.

Edited by TBird, 22 December 2010 - 09:07 PM.

• morpheus
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 682 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

Well I am fucking high but I will try to explain this shit.

Cannabis does not contain the extra shit that is thrown in cigarettes. Also cannibis is a bronchial dialator, while tobacco constricts them. This means that tar gets stuck in your lungs while you smoke cigs but the tar gets expelled when you smoke weed. Cannibis also is proven to contain things which slow the production of tumors in the lungs.

Basically weed is one of the best things to smoke on this planet, and tobacco is one of the worst.

• Crystal Math

• Zizzy
  • Bronze Member
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

Well I am fucking high but I will try to explain this shit.

Cannabis does not contain the extra shit that is thrown in cigarettes. Also cannibis is a bronchial dialator, while tobacco constricts them. This means that tar gets stuck in your lungs while you smoke cigs but the tar gets expelled when you smoke weed. Cannibis also is proven to contain things which slow the production of tumors in the lungs.

Basically weed is one of the best things to smoke on this planet, and tobacco is one of the worst.

That's true, but the only reason tobacco is the worst is because of cigarette companies. They put chemicals into cigarettes, and grow their tobacco with radioactive fertilizers. So it isn't really tobacco that's bad, it's cigarettes.

• Reaper of the Reefer

• wickedjoker
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:10 PM

No matter what anyone or anything ever informs you, cigarettes should not be smoked.

Fucking disgusting pointless bullshit.

• I'm double jointed

• Sarkons
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:52 PM

No matter what anyone or anything ever informs you, cigarettes should not be smoked.

I agree 100%

• Pot/Metal Head

• Skald
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:54 PM

i don't know about cigarettes, but there is a shitload of tar in weed. but yeah that sticky stuff is what makes it good. just don't hold the smoke in too long or that black shit covering the inside of your bong will stick in your lungs. :eek:

• PipPipPip
  • Wittle Retod
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

1 word- VAPORIZE!:hello:

• stonerbro00
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 648 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:17 PM

Obviously you're not cool or else you'd smoke cigarettes too

• Banned

• PipPipPip
  • MrJamaicanHotbx
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:20 PM

Obviously you're not cool or else you'd smoke cigarettes too

hahaha that made me laugh + rep

• Puff the Magic Dragon

• DragonMage
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 940 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:37 PM

Would a bong remove all or most of the tar?

• Life is just a ride.

• PeaceMan
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:30 PM

US Surgeon General C Everett Koop stated on national television in 1990 that tobacco radiation is probably responsible for 90% of tobacco-related cancers.8 Dr RT Ravenholt, former director of World Health Surveys at the Centers for Disease Control, has stated that "Americans are exposed to far more radiation from tobacco smoke than from any other source.

Theres a few source's but i copied and pasted it from here,
Radioactive tobacco

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved