Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking Weed VS. Drinking Beer (Health)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Blaze518, Dec 22, 2010.

1. ok i have a serious problem on my hands, all my roommates are trying to say that drinking beer isnt as bad as smoking weed(everyday for both) can somebody throw down some facts on here so i can show them to make them shut up! i need some straight facts, thanks

2. Alcohol:

-Over time can cause major damage to your liver
    -Kills more brain cells than Marijuana
    -Can get you feeling sick and throw up
    -Is a depressant
    -Is actually a light posion

3. God created weed, but didn't create alcohol.

Weed is an organic plant that grows from the ground.

Alcohol is a man made liquid toxin.

Alcohol is addicting and causes many problems. My sister drinks everyday and she seems depressed. I smoke everyday and I am fine.

4. Weed.

God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be for meat." … And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:29-31)

5. #5 PvtRyan, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010

Though being athiest, alcohol, too, is a "god" created item. It occurs naturally in rotten fruit.

Back to the main topic though, alcohol not only kills brain cells and reduces liver function, it also is very easy to become physically dependant on it. Considering they drink beer every day now, I gather they originally started drinking way less, and even after they started drinking every day, I gather they are drinking more in a day than they used to. Granted, some people can handle themselves, but a lot of people just keep drinking more and more until their liver fails or they go for a bloody sunday drive.

That being said, I've never drank anything, and never plan too. My mother was an alcoholic, and, as you can probably guess, died by drinking her body to death.

6. In moderation? Both arent bad for you but the smoke factor does bring it down a notch.

Thing is, alcohol, moderation, and roommates are mythical words. The more alcohol you drink, the more you are damaging your body. Aside from the massive physical damages it causes, alcohol is one of the most addictive substances known to man, one which the withdraw alone can kill.

Yeah. I think the dangerous one is pretty obvious

PS: The "natural drug" argument is one of the most retarded excuses

7. #7 brwnskinredeyes, Dec 22, 2010
    Weed does NOT kill any brain cells at all

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9077214414651731007#

8. #8 faso, Dec 22, 2010
    alcohol is addictive, weed isnt
    alcohol kills brain cells, weed doesnt
    you can overdose on alcohol, on weed you cant
    alcohol is very bad for you liver, weed is a little bit bad for your lungs
    with alcohol you get hangover, with weed you dont
    and there are many health benefits from weed, just check other posts.

9. thanks for the feedback guys, @the loving tree or whatever your name is, that really shut them up, haha

10. Like someone else said, the only thing bad about weed is when you smoke it. Smoking anything isn't good for your body.
    Alcohol causes far more health problems though, such as the physical dependence, damage to organs from long term use(like your liver), and the danger apparent when an inebriated person is driving.

So yeah weed is far more safe

11. weed is safer than caffeine

12. show them a picture of an alcohol induced diseased liver

[​IMG]

13. And most importantly, it feels way better being high than being drunk.

14. amen to that

15. challenge you friends to a drink vs smoke off.

you smoke all day, they drink all day. see whos standing after

16. alcohol is actually 100% natural, of the 2 types of lactic acid fermentation, alcohol is one of them.

its called alcoholic fermentation, the other being type of fermentation happens in your muscles, makes them sore after you workout and such.

but simple as fuck, since when has someone died from weed?

even the effects of weed and deaths compared to alcohol problems.

driving fatal accidents while high < Fatal driving accidents while drunk

died from lung cancer from straight weed < Liver poisoning

Health is 3 things, mental, physical and socially. so which one are you asking for?

physically weed is better, i think we all know that.

mentally, weed is better as well. makes you happy and such, not a depressant more a stimulant.

socially, well this is where weed loses. more people choose to drink as opposed to smoke, their loss.

also, these are broad facts, notice i didnt use any intergers or numbers for statistics. just a realistic OPINION but a very well supported opinion...

17. I agree with the smoke/drink off. What happens when you drink too much? Well, unfortunately death could possibly be a outcome or a trip to the emergency room. What is the outcome when you smoke too much weed? You will more than likely fall asleep, have an increased appetite, or be overly joyed. Which sounds more hazardous to your health?

18. saratogo huh? im in Queensbury.

19. Well even though I personally think smoking weed is better for you, this is a biased opinion... You have to remember you're on a marijuana forum. Go on a beer forum and see what they say

20. Its not opinion, its scientific fact. Alcohol has many more damaging side effects than cannabis.