Going to buy a grinder and bong

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Nascentes, Dec 19, 2010.

1. #1 Nascentes, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2010
    As the title states, I'm planning on buying a grinder and a bong.

Only problem is, I have no clue what I'm looking for haha

For the grinder, I was looking at one of these...

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/piece-Grinder-Acrylic-Screen-Stash/dp/B003D1ZELI/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1292721660&sr=8-7[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/CRUSHER-Aluminum-Pollen-Grinder-SCRAPER/dp/B001GXEU1K/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1292721660&sr=8-5]Amazon.com: NEW SHARP CRUSHER 2.5" Inch LARGE CNC Aluminum 4 PC Pollen Herb Spice Grinder. INCLUDES POLLEN SCRAPER: Everything Else[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/NEW-STYLE-Tobacco-Pollen-Grinder/dp/B0023X32MA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1292721660&sr=8-3]Amazon.com: Four Piece NEW STYLE 2 1/4" Herb, Spice or Tobacco Pollen Grinder: Everything Else[/ame]

Would any of them do? Which would you go with; or something else entirely?

And as for a bong, I would be willing to spend up to $50 max, the cheaper the better, so long as it works like a champ xD Is that a realistic search?
    If so, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks a million :smoke:

2. When you look for a grinder... I'd say get a sharp stone or chromium crusher. theres some good prices for those on Ebay.

for a bong maybe something off grasss city?

I made a bong out of a ceramic vase and it hits like a champ.
    My friends named it eternity cuz they got fckedd.
    Maybe make 1?

Or buy a nice bubbler. And buy a one hitter or chillum for on the go rips.
    Perfect for when u dont wanna smoke a whole J and wanna still get bakedd.

Cheers

3. for the grinder. get the 3rd one. with a cristiy catcher! theyare awesome.

and as for the bong. i dont even know if they sell bongs for $50 that arnt complete trash,

i would say look at a glass pipe or a bubbler.
    your $50 will get you alot better quality

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/Glass-pipe.jpg
    thats a glass pipe/ bowl.

http://hemporium.ca/store/images/categories_image/0~137.jpg
    that is a bubbler. it is basicly a mini mini bong.
    you put water in it and smoke it like a bowl.

best of both worlds and its not as big.

let us know what you end up picking!

4. #4 Nascentes, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2010
    Alright well, I guess I will go with the third grinder.

As for a piece, I'm looking at this

Although, as per the above suggestion, I would definitely be game for a pipe, I just have no clue what kind I should get haha. Any recommendations?

This should be in apprentice tokers eh? lol

Edit: also, if I were to order from GC, what is the return to sender name on the package? My roommates aren't exactly grass advocates and wouldn't be very pleased if they found out I've been smoking haha

5. lol are you canadian? i am.

anyways any pipe would do. since you dont want your roomies to know that you are smoking you could buy a pipe. its small and easy to conseal.
    and they rip! so dont worrie about not getting stoned.

if you are scared about smell you could buy a pelican case. its water proof and ment for hunting and keeping stuff dry, but it also works as a smell proof case.

this is what i keep in my truck and there is zero smell.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.optimalcaseandlights.com/store/media/Cases/1040_M.jpg
    thats what it looks like closed. i didnt have any pics with the lid closed.

it can fit a bic lighter, a glass pipe,. some zigg zags and a grinder. + a bit of weed.
    not a whole lot though of weed though.

anyways here is the link to the site aswell.
    1040 Micro Case

this would be your best bet if you dont want your roomies to know you are smoking dope.

bongs a huge and hard to hide.

6. Oh my god a canadian, and oh my god he said eh! Honey get the camera out!

7. Looks pretty handy. Will definitely consider getting one. Thanks :)
    Also, I'm in Utah, US :p

lmao! Made my day xD

Interesting. They both look good to me I guess haha. Although, can't you add ice to any bong? Or only ones that are made for it?

8. If you're dead set on getting a bong, i'd go with the weedstar. the other one has a metal bowl, which kinda sucks. I've only had one piece with a metal bowl, but i ended up burning my hand on it multiple times...

9. Not necessarily 'dead set'. I'd be fine getting a pipe, there are just so many different types of pipes that I am a little overwhelmed heh

Plus, from everything I've read and had friends tell me, bongs are the way to go. Are they not? xD

10. i've smoked some cheap bongs before,
    but a hammer bubbler does the job better than most cheap bongs do.
    plus they're small and easy to use.

11. I personally love bongs, but I probably hit bubs/pipes just as much as I rip bongs, just because each one has their advantages. If I only had $50 to spend on a piece, I'd probably get a bubbler of some sort, especially since it seems like you need to be a little bit stealthy about smoking. My opinion might be a bit biased, however, since I already own a SYN showerhead with inline A/C, heh, I've been home from school for break for a week and I already miss my bong, so maybe you're right :p

12. I like those cases but will it fit a mflb and all the necessary stuff to use it? With a chronium crusher inside also? And also will it fit in ur pocket? I'm looking to purchase a nice case with my mflb purchase

13. for your first pipe i would pickup something from here Etsy - Your place to buy and sell all things handmade, vintage, and supplies
    hell, for any piece regardless of first or not.

they have some great stuff at great prices. i usually just search pipe then refine search to glass and then pipe. but you can also find some nice bongs, bubblers etc. the possibilities are endless. its just a website where handmade artisans can post their stuff up on the web, online head shop basically.

personally, for a grinder i would also recommend getting a barand name one for a little more coin. my first grinder was a "cosmic grinder", just a small tiny 3 piece, no sifter, but kief builds up on the side, but it has a phenomenal grind. then i got another little cheap $15 grinder and its a piece of shit. the difference in grinds between the 2 is night and day.

my little cosmic was 30 at a local head shop and it has been the best investment i have ever made.

then at that same head shop i got a small 3.75" spoon (typical dry pipe) for $20 and i still regularly use all of that equipment. so for $50 i got out with a bad ass grinder and pipe and dont regret dropping a little more coin at all in the beginning.

so basically my post says to pay a small bt more up front for quality rather than later and look at that etsy site.

14. Whatever grinder you get make sure it has a keif catcher. If you really want a bong for cheap you could wait around till next year and go to the hemp fest. I got a $300 bong for $100.

15. Alright. Going with the third grinder from my op :)

And yeah, I'll wait and grab one there

16. That's what i would do, just name a ridiculous amount and work from there.