Dream act.......BLOCKED

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Nathan, Dec 18, 2010.

1. I didn't read the bill. I figured we just give them a tax ID and social security number and say, "Go get 'em, slugger!" :confused:

Srsly..

2. Who would pay for them to go to school?

You can already join the Military and gain citizenship, I know plenty of people who have done so, and are very good dudes.

All this bill would do, is give major back door routes and access to the wrong people.

There should be no reward for breaking the law. This is just BS politics by the Dems. trying to get votes for 2012.

3. ding ding ding!
    I'm glad it didn't pass, for these reasons ^^

4. I don't see any reason to support this bill but I don't claim know that much about it.
    At least 2 of us think you already get citizenship for mil service, are we wrong?

illegals get degrees, or does this allow them to?
    student visa?
    will this apply to all illegals?

You don't have to be a citizen to be documented.

5. I'm having a difficult time grasping exactly how ignorant you are... :hide:

6. I have a question for the people who know more about this than I do... :poke:

If you were brought into this country illegally by your parents as a child, are there already fairly easy ways to get citizenship here? :confused:

7. They're already here and working. But theyre not paying tax because theyre not offficial citizens.
    How is putting them on a register to put some of the earnings theyre already taking toards the tax pool a bad thing?

8. #48 ranger2339, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2010
    Who says they all work? I would like to see what percentage of them work for cash, are unemployed, have criminal records etc. And what percentage has been trying to contribute to our society.

We just don't need any more occupants for the welfare state.

I don't mind immigrants coming to the U.S.A, just do it legally and contribute to our society, that's how it works here.. We can not sustain or way of living if we are paying out more that we are taking in.

Same goes for any American citizen, if you are milking off the system, you are wrong.

I work with a guy who is from Mexico, went to college in Mexico as a Electrical engineer then came to America and got a job, that's how it should be done.

9. The majority will be wards of the state one way or the other. Welfare, prison, food stamps, enemployment, etc.

10. proof?

11. Please keep this about the dream act.

12. Stereo types are not just given, there earned.

Proof that anything you are saying is true?

13. They look like a couple of dudes that know where the cid is hehe

14. Haha, alright buddy:rolleyes:.

15. So again how is giving illegal immigrants which are in the country already a chance to pay taxes and earn respectable wages so they can become contributing members of society a bad thing?

Like I said, cheap labor is vital, thats why politicians always turn a blind eye to this subject and only dance around it when they want votes.

16. Why isn't resadency good enough?

17. So the 14th amendment totally went over your head or what?

or the phrase in our Constitution that clearly states "all men are created equal"

18. Why do you think other races still make less that most white people?

Studies continue to show discrimination still exists in the workplace. Even the more educated Asians in the US are still being treated unfairly.

Asians are smarter than white people yet they make less money, and need a higher education than their white counterpart to make the same wage:confused:

19. No one answered my question? Seriously? I thought someone would help me out! :p

Well, anyway, the only reason I asked is because while I don't claim to know much about this bill or even politics in general, the thing I liked about the bill was the part where people who were brought into this country when they were under 16 years old can get citizenship.

Because I figure, if you're under 16 you don't really have much say in the matter. If mom and dad choose to illegally bring you into another country when you're just a kid, what can you do about it? Not shit.
    I don't think they should be punished or deported or whatever for something they had no say in.

But I asked that question because I'm not sure if there are already somewhat easy ways for someone who was brought into this country as a child to obtain citizenship. If there is, then I guess my point is moot. ;)